New Things to Come for FMQing .

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 1,895
MizPat replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:24 PM

Leah also has videos on everyone of the 365 designs on her website daystyledesigns.com. You could create a volume with the videos and the book and have everything you could ever need for FMQ!

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 12:00 AM

Pat,I have used a lot of her patterns here ,I think they are great.she makes them so easy to do ,the videos are awesome.  yeah I was thrilled with the pictures in the book.  the download went real fast and the pictures are so clear and easy to see, I to wanted the book ,but just didn't have the extra money for it ,maybe someday. Thanks so much for leading me in this direction, I did have her Email but had not read it yet.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 12:56 PM

Hi everyone,I've not forgotten all of you ,I have just been really busy, I have another retreat coming up and two different sets of blocks to make a quilt for a LQS contest I entered and my guilds quilt show coming up. After Oct. I free to do what I need to get done on my groups. I will try my best to squeeze in some christmas ideas here in the next few days so please be patient with me.  Keep up your practice and we will get back on track here soon  ,promise ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 5:29 PM

Barbara,

I am looking forward to the Christmas ideas as I am finally getting around to the first project from the scrappy group and it's going to be a Christmas quilt. I have not been posting much but will post my first free motion quilting (not practice) this weekend. It's lap size, I used the walking foot to stabilized and then used free motions to highlight the borders and inside panel. I made some mistakes, but I feel I have overcome a big hurdle by taking on this challenge. Thanks for all you do for the group.

Dardar

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 9:15 PM

dardar:

Barbara,

I am looking forward to the Christmas ideas as I am finally getting around to the first project from the scrappy group and it's going to be a Christmas quilt. I have not been posting much but will post my first free motion quilting (not practice) this weekend. It's lap size, I used the walking foot to stabilized and then used free motions to highlight the borders and inside panel. I made some mistakes, but I feel I have overcome a big hurdle by taking on this challenge. Thanks for all you do for the group.

Dardar

I look so foward to seeing it, and I do agree just doing it for the first time is half the battle.  I'm so very proud of you. WTG girl ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 8:12 AM

Here is a quilt my granddaughter pieced and I quilted. There are some mistakes, but it does not take much to make a 10 year old happy and she is thrilled with her quilted. I tried to shadow the seams and was not happy as my lines are not that straight, so next time I'll stitch in the ditch to stablize. I used free motion to do the outside border and panel. I just did the leaves where veins would be. One time I had tension trouble, which I still need to take out and redo. Overall I am okay with my progress. Thanks to the group and especially Barbara.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 9:13 AM

WOW your granddaughter made this , she did a beautiful job. You should be very proud of her.  I am thrilled I was able to help out in some small way ,but you did all the work . 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,037
Points 169,813
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 9:14 AM

dardar:
Overall I am okay with my progress. Thanks to the group and especially Barbara

DD, you did a good job quilting, your stitches look nice and even.  You should be very pleased with yourself.

I second that thank you to the group and especially to Barbara, who has been so dedicated to this mission of encouraging us to just jump in and try FMQing.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:28 PM

Okay I have been slack getting on here. About all I have done is popped on and seen if the new MQ is posted yet. But I have been working on projects and think that Christmas is getting here way to soon. But I will post the FM that I did on my MQ6. I really enjoyed doing the dragon flies. I would have done them in another color but I had picked out the thread before I saw the dragonfly templete and didnt even think about the color until I got home with the yellow. I think a varigated thread would have been nice

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:48 PM

WOW ,very nice, your quilting is fabulous .  Great job. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,037
Points 169,813
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:13 PM

Tami, very nice quilting, I love, love the dragonflies.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 69
Points 1,235

This is beautiful, I love the dragonflys !

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:01 AM

Thanks everyone. It just dawned on me I shouldnt have took pic of what I did with the center of the quilt (DH in bed now probably wouldnt appriciate it). I want to thank Barbara for all her help with FM marking. I was so lost on that. I love those pens but I wish there was a white. I couldnt really put the dragonflies on the dark brown. I just couldnt see it. I could go over a little bit with the tail or wing but that was it.  Well I am off to bed. The quilt I am working on for my son's b day, well somehow one of borders ended up upside down. So, I have decided it is bedtime, I will get the seam ripper out tomorrow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 8:45 AM

Tami, sometimes I can get the green one to pick up but you need to let it set for a few minutes , but on the dark I just use some of the pounce  chalk. unless you use the blue water soulable  pen ,thath is the best advice I can give you. the dark fabric is hard to mark.  I stilllove your dragonfiles they are awesome. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:20 PM

Thanks Barbara, I used the green and the pink both, and if I was lucky I might see it. So like I said I just avoided getting the dragonflies in the dark brown when ever I could.. This one that I am working on for my son's b day is almost done. ready to start making the sandwich. I am going to use dark blue thread on the back, and grey on the front. Cross my fingers that there is no tension issues!. I would like to find some snowflakes to put on it. Almost thought about making some of my own, like we use to do in school. But I am not  to sure if it would work.  Would I make a templete on something harder afterwards or could I use like freezer paper?. Oh and I still have to figured out the binding so I think I might get it done by his B day after all!

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use