New to FMQ

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 950
Magz Tudor Posted: Fri, Mar 11 2011 1:27 PM

Hi Everybody! I'm a hobby quilter of approx 4 years (as I have a full time job and 2 full time kids!) I have owned a Voyager 17 on the Hinty Stretch frame for about a year now. I just purchased the Stitch Length Regulator for it a month ago.  I'm very happy with it when it works, but lately, I'm frustrated with it.

Long Story Short.... Hinty frame and carriage system are made of birchwood. Wood expands and contracts with the humidity in the air. the SLR that I purchased was after market so I had to install it myself. I have to keep bending the "springs" so the woods expansion/contraction won't affect the sensor wheels riding on the carriage and frame! I've got to remove the 70 pound machine from the carriage, flip the carriage over and then bend the little spring some more!  Hopefully I can get it bent enough that I won't have to do it anymore!

I love this machine and SLR when it is working! It takes every thread I've thrown at it without complaining. I am new to FMQing, so there is much to learn! I can't wait to learn from all of you hear!

Oh, I'm really excited as I've signed up for 3 FMQ classes at the AQS Lancaster PA show next week!! This is the first time I have taken any classes for quilting and I'm really excited! My BFF will go with me so we can have a few days without family, just our quilty indulgences!!

Nice to meet all of you!

Magz in WV

Magz in WV
Semper Fi!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 6:17 PM

Welcome Magz you will love your time here with the best group of people ever!  can't wait to hear all about your FMQ classes.  Please share what you learn with the group.   Always great to get away with a BFF for a few days of you time.

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 6:34 AM

Welcome to the group Magz,  Sounds like you have a fun time planned.  Enjoy and be sure to let us know all the new things you learn

Granny M

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use