rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,045
Christy G. Posted: Sun, Feb 27 2011 1:45 PM

Hello:

I know it is much later where you all are because of the time stamp. It is only 10:30 am in Anchorage,AK on Sunday.

I am working on my Christmas Tree wall hanging (still). I'm at the part where I'm adding (DMC) floss for the garland on the tree. Then I am going to sew buttons for the ornaments. Ok. after that I need to make the quilt sandwich, then quilt it together.

Since I have another quilt for a double bed that I have been quilting together (my first attempt) none to proud of at this point. One of friends keeps saying, just finish it! It is not stitch in the ditch it is grid lines I drew on and I'm not even doing it straight because of the weight of the quilt. Needless to say I haven't completed that one.

Back to the wall hanging. I saw in a magazine this adhesive backed patterns for continuous machine quilting. I was thinking of buying it to quilt the Christmas Tree Wall hanging. Has anyone used that product? What was your success?

Thanks.

Christy G

PS: It is freezing here! The wind is making it feel like Fairbanks,AK.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,932
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 27 2011 6:14 PM

I've used it as a pantograph on my frame but I've never adhered it to my quilt to sew through it.

Quilting Made Easy

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 27 2011 8:55 PM

Christy

I have never used the adhesive backed papers.  I have traced patterns onto a thin wax paper and pinned it to my blocks and sewn thru it.  If you try it you will have to let us know how it works.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use