Sampler Block#5

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara Posted: Wed, Feb 20 2013 3:45 AM

Hi all just want you all to look over sampler blocks #5 ,Not sure if I'll keep the same quilting designs or change them . If yo hve any ideas let me know .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 11:55 AM

Hi eveyone ,I did this block today as I'have so much going on and trying to getting ready for retreat in Branson, this was not a hard design to do , I use my frxion pen and drew in all in and then stitched it .I think it came out great, Have fun and I look foward to seeing what you all have done with yours. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,987
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 12:38 PM

This is a fun one Barbara. Your work is impeccable as always. I think you can give Leah Day a run for her money.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 12:55 PM

Kris thanks as as far as giving Leah a run ,in my dreams   LOL  but thanks anyway ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

I love what you did with the block. I love the pebbles in the center. I think curvy the spins on the pine needles really enhances the overall design. Adding the zigzag design in every other spoke is brilliant. It makes both the zigzag and the pine needles look better than if you had the same design in every spoke. And the sun rays on the outside frame it beautifully. I agree, you could give Leah Day a run for the money. You're really good.

Sorry I have no contributions this week. We are packing the house up to put it on the market. Not much time for quilting.

Denise Smart

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 6:57 PM

Thanks Denise , I was real happy with how it came out .  Don't wear yourself out to much fwith all that packing ,OH how I hate packing a house up .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:55 PM

Wonderful job Barbara!  I'm impressed.   How I wish I had time to spend on quilting like so many of you do.  I find that after working all day it is hard to get upstairs to quilt in the evening.  That will change as the days get longer.  I find it easier to get motivated when it is sunny.  I've read through the discussions and am amazed at the work being done; so beautiful and inventive.  I love the patterns.  One thing is clear I need to get the slider thingy and a quilting foot.  I have 2 machines ( a Singer XL 1000 and a Simplicity Quilter's Classic) and don't have the right foot for either one.  Both have a 1/4 inch foot and both have a walking foot.  No wonder I have been having problems and have hated doing the quilting part of things. So step #1 is to get the right tools.  Well off to fix DH's supper. 

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:46 AM

Dara  Beth yeah its hard to do without the right tools  there is a book out and I'll have to find it its in the other room , about line quilting you can o woth your walking foot , It really good . I'll post later and let you know the title and author .. Ba Oh thank for the kind words on my quilting . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 2:56 PM

Well, yesterday I went to Joanns to look for the tools I need to do FMQ and struck out, so a little while ago I ordered what I need from Amazon. I ordered the slider, the darning foot, a stitch-in-the-ditch foot, and a couple of other items.  I can't wait till the stuff arrives and I can get started BUT I guess I'll have to. In the meanwhile, I'll get out Harry Potter and see if I can get a block done.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 340
Rita replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 6:25 PM

I've been able to find various items (i.e. feet, supplies) on Ebay.  Frequently, the feet are not the high quality that my sewing machine brand sells, but I've been able to use them nonetheless.  I bought a large open-toe darning foot and a 1/4" foot with a springloaded quide that I've found very nice to have.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 5:40 AM

Rita ,thanks for this info , welocme to the FNM<FMQ group , glad tohave you joining us , I have also noted we have several other new member tothe club , I want to welcome all of you ass well , Please join us often and post your pictures when you can , BArbara\\

Marie what did you expect it was 4:30 in the morning , I was barely awake LOL   Sorry all I was not being mean, promise.I didn't mean to mispell my words  LOL Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 11:14 AM

Barbara, I'm not going to go there with your typo in the last post but check it out.  :  )  Too funny!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 340
Rita replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 11:41 AM

I think Barbara's fingers were working on Overtime!  LOL!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Not sure where I should post this, but Leah Days new Craftsy Free Motion Quilting Class is out.

Here is a link to get the class for 50% or $19.99

http://www.craftsy.com/class/free-motion-fillers-vol-1/166?ext=fillersvol1&utm_source=Instructor-Leah%20Day&utm_medium=Instructor_kit&utm_campaign=Affiliate

if that link doesn't work follow the link from Leahs blog

www.FreeMotionProject.com

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:24 AM

Thanks Denise ,I did get an email aoubt the new class ,I have it on my wish list .Have to wait to purchase it though as no more money for this month. LOL   I know it will be a great class ,so all you beginners I grab ahold of this one and use it . Leah is a great teacher. ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use