Sampler block 1

rated by 0 users
This post has 54 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:40 AM

Nice work Denise. I would like to see more of that quilt if you don't mind sharing.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:44 AM

Barbara:
Ok thanks Kris . I honestly thought they were the same

You're welcome Barbara. I used to think they were too but the "experts" say that stippling lines are 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch apart. Anything bigger falls into the meandering category. Some say with meandering your lines can cross (to make other shapes) but they never cross in stippling.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Kris I am always happy to share my quilts. The pattern is called Strip Search by G E Designs. It is made from a "bright" jelly roll. I added the sashing to try and calm it down, as it turned out too bright even for me. It seemed the most likely candidate for my beginner FMQ, as any mistakes will be hidden by the bright fabric.

Denise Smart

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 8:21 AM

Denise  ,nice job , just keep praticing and you will get it , I am posting a site for you that has all kinds of designs and shows you how to draw them I use it for my Zentangle . Check it out . Barbara

www.tanglepatterns.com

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:51 AM

Denise Smart:
Kris I am always happy to share my quilts. The pattern is called Strip Search by G E Designs. It is made from a "bright" jelly roll. I added the sashing to try and calm it down, as it turned out too bright even for me. It seemed the most likely candidate for my beginner FMQ, as any mistakes will be hidden by the bright fabric

I like it Denise. I like the added sashing. Thanks for sharing.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:03 PM

Denise I love your colors and think the sashing works well. I admit for myself I prefer softer colors, but I know several teens who would think this is HOT. And I have gotten used to using brighter colors on some projects, (like Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street)I agree that this is a perfect project to work on. I Love the energy of the quilt.

Thanks for sharing. BTW,  I love that  multicolored stripe fabric.  Would you happen to know it's name or the manufacturer?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Barbara:

I am posting a site for you that has all kinds of designs and shows you how to draw them I use it for my Zentangle . Check it out . Barbara

www.tanglepatterns.com

Thanks for the site Barbara. It is really helpful to see how to draw the designs. I especially appreciated the Puffle design which shows the wrong way to draw the pattern, and how it goes wrong from there, and the right way to draw the pattern. Very helpful. I have so much to learn.

Denise Smart

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

dardar:

I love that  multicolored stripe fabric.  Would you happen to know it's name or the manufacturer?

I will do my best to identify the multicolored stripe fabric if I can figure out which multicolored stripe fabric you like. For example is it the left hand block second row from the top with yellow, blue,and red stripes, the center block in the second row from top with a white background, wavy stripes in all colors and little random dots, or maybe the right hand block in the second row from the top with a white background and even stripes of red pink and green?

Denise Smart

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:33 PM

Hi,

I decided to do a basket weave for the middle. And then some pratice before I get to the rest. lol

Hope you can make it out.

The block on the right was the first one I did, (a mix of different stuff. Getting the feel for the stitches.) the one on the left was better but still need lots more pratice before I actually do the block.

This was the very first time I tried these. lol The day flew by and I did have fun with it, When the price comes down on the class again I'll sign up for it.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:57 PM

well done Debbie. I like your yellow floral.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Debbie (Dainty):

When the price comes down on the class again I'll sign up for it.

http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/2013/01/ufo-sunday-step-away-from-insanity.html

You are in luck. Click on the above hyperlink to go to Leah Days website. Look in the right column at the top for a picture of Leah Day and the Craftsy logo. Click on the logo to get 50% of Leah Days class. I loved this class. Learning how to modify my free motion quilting foot was priceless.

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:48 PM

TY TY TY Its mine. :)

Headed there now.

Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:20 PM

Debbie ,lovely . I can see it looks good . Keep it up  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:20 PM

Denise ,thanks for the info . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 2:17 AM

Barbara et al,

what's different in the craftsy class from what's free onLeah's site? I did not make the quilt she's working on.

• Post Points: 50
Page 2 of 4 (55 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use