New Things to Come for FMQing .

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara Posted: Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:56 AM

Hi everyone, I just want you all to know I have not given up ,I am waiting on some new soft ware and I'm finishing a class  so I will have some new things for us to work on.  In the mean time continue practiceing the things we have done ,and as soon as my stuff gets here we'll start working on some new things . ,I am also going to try and get some Christmas things so we can put them on our gifts .SO hang in there everyone and Practice, Practice, Practice,,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 9:24 AM

Hi all, I'm still waiting on my new software, I hope you are all getting some pratice in , and having fun. I do hope my new stuff gets here soon, I'm getting anxious  to start working on it .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 755

Thank you for the update Barbara. I made up some more quilt sandwiches this past weekend. I am on vacation for the rest of the week so I should have some time to practice. Going to a quilt show tomorrow with some friends. I have never been to one before - very excited about going....   

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 16,575

I'm here, but lurking at present.  I'm waiting for a couple of feet to come in/ get fixed.  Found out from reading this and other FMQ site that I purchased the wrong quilting foot -- mine is closed.  Not sure why that makes a difference, but I've taken it to my handyman and he's going to cut out the front and grind it down to make it smooth.  Hope it works, as I really can't afford to buy another foot. Plus the walking foot I'd ordered turned out to be defective.  The lever that makes it walk kept getting stuck in the up position.  I couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble with tucks.  I've returned it and ordered a different one that hopefully will work better.  But when I have the feet, I'll get some practice in.

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,857
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:40 PM

Belfrybat,

I use a closed toe foot with my machine for FMQ. I don't think it's a problem.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Belfrybat:
Found out from reading this and other FMQ site that I purchased the wrong quilting foot -- mine is closed.

I use a closed foot. I have a bernina and the open toed foot is over $65.00 for just the foot. Needless to say, I am using the closed foot. So far, I have quilted 4 quilts with it. No problems with it.

Barbara, I am still practicing with a loop and heart theme for my baby quilts I am trying to finish. I hope I can post some pictures soon. I'm looking forward to your new ideas. I love this group.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 565
Points 9,975
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 2:58 PM

hi, I havent been here for a bit. Been a busy summer is all I can say. I went to portland last weekend and met a lady that had just sold her quilt shop ( they are getting ready to retire and travel) I got to see some of her quilts. Really nice. So, it inspired me to get back to working on my projects. So, I still had the MQ6 to quilt. So I have been FMQ on it, seeing how it is just for my bed. Coming a long fine for a newbie I suppose. I found a coloring book with shells in it. so I think I will try that lesson on the borders. But wondering about joining them, not sure what would look good with shells? any ideas

Hope to see some christmas stuff soon as tijme is just flying, wow almost labor day, where did the summer go

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 3:51 PM

walla2butterfly:
But wondering about joining them, not sure what would look good with shells? any ideas

Tami, how about the swirls in your avatar that look like waves in an ocean?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 8:17 PM

Hi all , my new software finally arrived so give me alittle bit of a change to get settled Fraom retreat and I will get some new things posted.  It has been a very busy couple of weeks these past two and done't look like it's going to get any better ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 565
Points 9,975
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 12:17 PM

thanks Marie, I think I have changed my mind haha. But yea that is a good idea

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:04 PM

I just want to let all of you know I'm working on some Christmas quilting and I will post it when I get finished, sorry it has taken me so long to do this . I have just been very  busy lately with Retreat and getting blocks done for swaps . i do hope you all have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:07 PM

Hi All,

I just got an e-mail from Leah Day, who has the 365 quilting designs project and the Quilt Along Wednesdays. She has a special Labor Day sale on her book "365 Free Motion Quilting Designs". Yes, I know the designs are available on her website for free, but the book has them all in one place so you can look and dream to your heart's content, then go quilt!

The best part is that for this weekend only, the download of the book is on sale for $18.00! The print version on Amazon.com is $55! Who needs another big (275 pgs) book, when you can put the same book on your computer or your e-reader that can read pdf files! I've already got my copy and it's terrific!

Sorry for all the exclamation points, but I'm really excited for this book. To get your copy, go to www dot daystyledesigns dot com (replace the word dot with a dot, this way the site doesn't consider this a link.)

Enjoy and Happy Labor Day!

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:34 PM

Thanks pat ,I just may have to do this myself ,book was to much money even though I'd love to have it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 3:41 PM

Pat I did go ahead and ordered it.  and it is now part of my computer  oh JOY JOY .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:21 PM

Barbara:

Pat I did go ahead and ordered it.  and it is now part of my computer  oh JOY JOY .. Barbara

Barbara, doesn't it make you want to hole-up in your sewing room and not come out until you've created a masterpiece? I could spend days dreaming about the quilts I'd quilt, but I'd have to make myself start quilting, not dreaming!

This is a no-lose offer! The book "365 Free Motion Quilting Designs at $18 for the pdf download! I was stunned to see the price; I'd been wanting it since it came out earlier this summer, but $55 was out of my range.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use