My classwork

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara Posted: Sun, Aug 5 2012 2:05 PM

here is aome pictures of my classwork from  Quilt University,I can 't share the lesson with y'all but I can share my work .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 8:48 PM

Amazing Barbara. I LOVE your work. Hard to pick a favourite. Great work on the feathers.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:31 PM

Thanks Kris.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,872
Points 181,818
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:03 AM

Barbara, you are amazing!  Your work is so good, are you ready to take on a little work on the side?  I think it's about time you hang out a shingle.

"BARBARA'S DOMESTIC SEWING MACHINE QUILTING"

(DONE WITH LOVE)

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:08 AM

Maire I do have business cards , I'm called  "Just Quilts"  . I have handed out a few.. LOL  but no takers yet...  do like your hang out the shingle  though..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,872
Points 181,818
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:32 AM

Well maybe we can make a deal, Barbara.  Remember my Quilts For Kids I finished at VB?  Well it's been on my design wall waiting for me to work up the courage to quilt it, it's sandwiched and ready to go.  Shortly after VB I started having numbness in the thumb and next two fingers of both hands 24/7, went to the docs and to make a long story short I'm having pre testing on the 10th and surgery on my left hand for carpal tunnel on the 15th.  Lord knows when I'll be able to get the quilt done after that because my right hand is just as bad and will need surgery on it.  I will be your first customer if you will quilt, bind, and send it in with my info so they will know it's the quilt they sent to me but also adding your info as the quilter and binder.  What say?  PM me and we'll set it up if you are interested.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:41 PM

Barbara:

Maire I do have business cards , I'm called  "Just Quilts"  . I have handed out a few.. LOL  but no takers yet...  do like your hang out the shingle  though..

Barbara,

I could send you ALL my tops that need to be quilted. That should keep you busy for a few months.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:14 PM

Maire I;ll send you my addy and you can just mail it all to me . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 755

Barbara, that is very beautiful quilting!  Excellent work! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 3:06 AM

Thank you Sheryl . for your kind words .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,413
Points 19,295

Hi Barbara,

These are beautiful. I really, really like your feathers. I don't think I will every be able to do feathers that well. Great job!.  I have been practicing for a quilt I just finished. It is a hopscotch quilt for my god daughter who is due the first of November. I haven't posted my work in a little bit so I'm hoping I can post some of my practice squares this week. I love seeing your work. It gives me some encouragement.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 8 2012 3:55 AM

Melissa, thank you for your kind words. I just want to encourage you to keep practicing your feathers ,  draw them on your practice squares with the Frixion pen ,it irons off, it will help you till you get the rhythm of making them, but keep practicing . it really is not hard. before yo know it you will have them down pat. Try making them smaller and work up to longer ones. Do one a day . it will help .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 9:22 AM

Hi everyone, today I have aonther class,at Quitl U. Iam suppose to learn how to do tarpunto so hopefull I can show you all how to learn this . It is really beautiful when done on a quilt and I want to learn it . So wish me luck ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 4:06 PM

Hi all ,well this was lesson two this week and I've done holf of the assignment .  First we were to do a flower .so I picked one out and did my tarpunto .which was not to bad . the I did a tight stippleing around the flower and in the broder i did some Mactavishing.  I think it came out pretty good . I do the bow tomorrow . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 9:43 PM

Barbara:
I think it came out pretty good .

Pretty good? Barbara, this is AMAZING. This piece has WOW factor and then some. WTG. Looking forward to seeing more.

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.