What I'm working on

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,090
Starling Posted: Mon, Jul 23 2012 10:04 AM

I finished the free motion on my Cross quilt. The stitches aren't even but I had a load of fun just doing the quilting on this one.

I haven't bound it. Instead I've moved on to another project. At this point I'm just "ditching" it. Quilting in the ditch to stabilize it before I do any free motion. The problem is I don't know what to do in the blocks with this one. Because I pressed the seams to one side, doing free motion across the seams won't be easy. I learned that with the Cross Quilt. I'm open to suggestions.

Here is the block all by itself.

Starling

Please visit my blog at http://walkinglifespathagain.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,929
Barbara replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 11:39 AM

Starling ,what an amazing job you have done on your blocks ,they looks fantastic. I really like your pattern , if you can do this you  can do the stippling with noproblem .it is much easier to do  then what you have just accomplished . thanks so much for sharing your work with us .

As to the next quilt ,what if you do a 1/4 in stitch on the inside of each strip and then echo it on the outside of the strip and continue with it to the end .  I hope this makes sense. just and idea..  Good luck   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,550
Points 391,587
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 3:11 PM

Nice work on your FMQ Starling. I really like your crosses.

Pretty fabrics on your new project.  Not sure about what quilting motif to use but I do like Barbara's suggestion.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.