FMQ for week of 6-4-20----More echoing

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,812
Points 248,404
Barbara Posted: Mon, Jun 4 2012 5:25 PM

this week I did some simple echoing, hearts , x's circle and one herat vine  and farmland . I hope you will join me in praticeing these as echoing is a very popular filler in your quilts , if you have any questions please ask and I'll get back with you ,  Rmember to take a deep breath ,relax and have fun, this is no contest.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 10:14 PM

Nice work Barbara. Your circles are very smooth. My favourite of this batch is the "vineing hearts". The farmland is very cool looking too. WTG.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,812
Points 248,404
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 10:21 PM

Thanks Kris, the farmland its the only one I copied from Leah Day ,the rest I was just messing around and liked them so I thought they would be good for the girls to pratice these, very helpful with building skills.My hearts were alittle ruff,but I loved the vining hearts to ,I just might use them on my next border. Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 12:01 AM

Barbara,

I need to do some practicing too. I've got too much going on.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 8:58 AM

Barbara, very nice practice pieces this week.  I also love the vining hearts, I may try them on Teddies quilt.  The border is still waiting for me.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barbara, will be working on these. The elbow one esp. because I may use it in the B&B quilt.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,812
Points 248,404
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 11:11 AM

Marie and Melody, look fowrd to deeing what you do , have fun. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
I have been "messing around" but not to show. My problem is I can't see what I'm doing. I bought a foot that was for quilting and darning. It is clear but not open. Does anyone have the company or where I can find a open toed quilting foot? My machine is a 30 year old Necci and I love it.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,812
Points 248,404
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 3:58 PM

Melody did yo look up the manufacture and see if they can get you one,? I don't really know anything aobut this machine , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 11:00 PM

Melody,

this website might have what you're looking for.

Sewing machine parts online

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Kris, thanks, it will be a great help. I think additional lighting could be part of it.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,812
Points 248,404
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 7 2012 12:41 PM

Melody ,yes you do need good llighting ,I have one of thsoe small desk lamps that I can adjust right next to my machine so I have better light . I thing I paid 6.99 for it at walmart, they also have small Ott lights that work well.to I got mine at Office depot when they were on sale , If you save your joann coupons when you get the 50% off one, thats when I'd buy a small lamp to use next to your machine.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barbara, Thanks, that's just what I'm thinking. Also the machine high. It is a portable so that I can sew when I come to Kansas. When I get home I think I will set my other machine up for the quilting and practice on it rather than trying to make my whole sewing room portable. Kris, the parts website was great. The foot I have is the best I have for now, so I just need to stop winning and practice. : )

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 184
Points 2,390
MizPat replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 8:29 PM

Hi Melody,

Can you get another foot like the one you have that isn't terribly expensive?  If so, take a small utility or snap-blade knife and cut through the foot on both sides of center so you still have part of the circle, but the front is open so you can see where you're going.  Reason for getting another foot is that then, you still have the original foot as a fall-back, should the cut not go as you'd like it to.  I'm lucky, my machine takes low-shank feet, so I was able to order an open-toed foot. 

I did a little with the darning foot that came with my Futura (Miss Futie) but had knots allover the back, because my hands weren't in sync with my foot speed.  I'm determined to keep at it, because this is a skill I really want to master.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MizPat, that is worth considering. My machine uses a low shank foot. Also, some of the practice patterns are more of a challenge. I too want to do this and will keep after the skill until it's mastered.

MelodyP

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use