New members

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara Posted: Tue, May 29 2012 9:02 AM

To all the new members I have missed greeting ,I want to welcome you to The FMQ group and hope you will join us in the fun of learning how to do FMQ,  Yes its scary if you have never done any ,but I try my best to make it fun and easy to learn,  MY big rule is to take a deep Breath , and relax, and most important is to have fun, We have no judges here and none of us are perfect. I to am a beginner ,so we are all learning this together . I will try my very best to answer all your questions and if I miss you  please let me know it was not done on purpose. You will be so amazed at how quickly it will come to you with practice, and that is something you have to do . So take that deep BREATH , RELAX and have FUN,, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005
Barbara, Howdy! Home this week and back to Ks. next. Hope your visit with Thea was wonderful. MelodyP

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, May 30 2012 6:18 AM

Melody , thanks and yes we had a great time. got a top made and one ready to quilt ,and one just about ready to put todgether , so I think I did well .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 3:11 PM

Sheryl,Lynn welcome to the group,I hope you will join us in are quest to learn FMQ. We also want you to have fun while doing so ,, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 755

Thank you. I decided to attempt the FMQ this past year.  Not very good yet at it but it is slowly improving. I did recently do a lap quilt . When I finished peicing the top part I didn't really like it but yet kind of do (mainly didn't like my fabric choices), so i thought that would be a good one to practice on. I named it "the ugly quilt" (but it really isn't that ugly). 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 7:41 AM

Sheyl,that is wonderful ,your skills will improve the more you do . we would love to see a picture of it , there are no judges here as we are all learning , Believe me my first few attempts were awful ,but I was still proud of them because I did it myself .. WTG .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 755

Thank you. Sorry for taking so long to reply back. Here are the pictures. I am happy with the end result.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Jul 9 2012 6:40 AM

Sheryl, really wonderful job on your quilting, You should be very proud of it.. the quilt is very pretty as well .thanks for sharing your picture with us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,817
Points 352,377
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 10 2012 5:29 PM

Nice quilt and quilting Sheryl. I like the colours. Great job on the feathers.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 755

Thank you Kris and Barbara.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,090
Starling replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 8:52 AM

Hi. I joined QCA a couple of days ago so I could watch the videos at QNNtv. I've done forums before in other areas, but not in quilting. I'm not a new quilter but I am new to doing machine quilting. I've always quilted by hand. So I'm learning machine piecing but mostly I'm learning free motion.

I've finally gotten to a point where I was willing to work on an actual quilt. A very small one.  This is the quilt. I've only got about half the border to finish now. I'm having a lot of fun doing this.

Starling

Please visit my blog at http://walkinglifespathagain.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 3:04 AM

Starling ,happy to have you joining in with us,  and sharing your projects,  this is how we all learn,by doing ,I try to make it fun and I love learning and seeing what everyone else is doing.  thanks for sharing your pretty quilt with us.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use