Help with FMQ concepts

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 12:43 PM

Susie ,ok I will be more then happy to give you a hand ,can you remind me as to what kind of machine you have, I have several and I can take pictues and post them to you for help as well. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:57 PM

I got the pictures posted.  I took several, so you should be able to see what you need.  If not, please let me know and I'll try to get a different shot of it.

Thanks so very much for all your help!!!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:05 AM

Susie ,were did you pot the pictures, ? Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:16 AM

Hi Barbara,

I posted them to my gallery.  I didn't know how to post them anywhere else.  It didn't seem to give me any options on where to put them.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:20 AM

Susie I found them . You can post those here instead of show and tell , use the little film strip in the tool bar when you send a message,  anyway ,You darning foot is right ,just take off  the walking foot and put the darning foot on the post , if you have a way to lower your feed dogs do that , if not you may have to use something to cover them, but you will have to cut out alittle slot for your needle to move up and down, Part of the machine was cut off in the picture so I couln't see if there were any feed dog controls. You can also lower your foot tension to zero if you have no way to lower your feed dogs, YOu do have an older machine ,that I am not familiar with ,but we will get this worked out . so just hang in there.  If you have the manual ,you may want to look under emboridery  or applique and do what they explain to you .Let me know if any of this helps . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 100

Well, Susie, thanks for posting your question, because now I realize why my very first effort at FMQ was so horrible last night! Now I know that I have to use the darning foot on my machine; I just had my regular foot on! So thank you, Carey and Barb. I may make it in this effort, yet!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 8:47 AM

Mama, You are welcome , let me know if you need any thing else, Remember when you use the darning foot you tehn lovwer the feed dogs and you have to mamually move the fabric, just take it slow and easy , your first few efforts will not be pretty but that is normal ,just keep working on simple patterns like loops  lines ,circles ,  prtice doing e's and J's in cursive , this will help you alot . My main rule is to have fun,doing this .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use