FNM FMQers - General Conversation

rated by 0 users
This post has 318 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,384
Points 175,243
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 12 2011 7:04 AM

Vivien, thanks for the pattern.  I tried it last night but I'm still having trouble with my CTS.  I'm not advancing as quickly as I'd like since practicing causes numbness.  Still using my braces during sleep but no significant change.  Next step is surgery which I want to avoid at all costs.  

Will give practice another go tomorrow and post what I have done this week which isn't much.  Today I'm going to the home show with DD, won't get to sew.

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Sat, Mar 12 2011 6:54 PM

Sharon:

Now that we have been FMQing, has anyone found a design they like better than others? I have always liked meandering so that's the one I started with. Now I need a boarder! LOL

I think I have posted three borders that are my own, viney heart, looped heart and viney feathers.  Feel free to try them if you would like.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Sat, Mar 12 2011 7:01 PM

Diane Morgan:
I'm thinking of jumping off this planet and starting a new quilting planet

I am with you Diane, this past week has been a nightmare with a few good parts and not enough quilting.  Between my mother's illness and being in Nevada while I am in KY, my new great granddaughter and all the normal stuff, I feel like a chicken with it's head cut off.   Little to no practice time and what I have done is pencil and paper.  Next week will be just as bad as we get ready for the quilt show here next Saterday.  Space Cadet here recently found the label I made for the Indian Nation quilt, I forgot to sew it on.  I sure do hope I get something together to practice on next week, please find that pause button, I need to catch up.

Granny M

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 3,435
Pat replied on Sat, Mar 12 2011 10:47 PM

I hope your Mom is going to be okay, Granny! It is so hard when you are separated by distance, and you have a family member that is ill. All you want to do is to be with them and to be there for them.Congratulations on being a new great-granny!!! That is awesome!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 6:21 AM

Thanks Pat

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 6:29 AM

I just looked in the media and Sheila and Marilyn are doing well.  Way to go girls.

Granny M   Well Done 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 1:06 PM

Thanks Granny M, I will be working on setting up your pictures, and mars92 also gave me permission to post her feathers tutorial.

Granny M, hope your mom gets better soon, its hard to rest and concentrate on other things when you have a loved one who is ill. Congradulations on the new great granddaughter! That is exciting.

Toledo, OH

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 6:59 PM

Thanks Sharon

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 7:01 PM

Does anyone know why the groups do not have a "last" on the page number the way the message boards do?  Seems to take forever to get to today's postings.

Granny M

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 7:20 PM

There are 2 new pages in the "Pages" section, Free - FMQ Designs by Fear-No-More FMQers and a Feathers tutorial. These can be copied and used for practice.

Toledo, OH

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 7:49 PM

I have had no time this week to do anything, I don't know where the time went but I hope to spend tomorrow getting some sewing done between essay writing and cleaning.

Paris, Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Mar 14 2011 11:37 AM

I had a look at my pattern at home for the heart boarder and the bases are touching.  It looks better. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 725
Sheila replied on Mon, Mar 14 2011 1:56 PM

Thank you, all of the helps, tips, and support sure makes a difference! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,384
Points 175,243
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 14 2011 2:38 PM

Hello all, I decided to try practicing with my brace on my left hand, it's the worst affected by CTS.  It was better this time and the numbness didn't come until the flowers.  Also I practiced without marking anything.  I found, since I haven't practiced in awhile, that it was almost like starting over.  That first two weeks my stitches became more consistent so it's back to practicing every day even for shorter lengths of time.  The second pic I practiced in the orange thread with and without the brace.  The brown thread was another time?

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Granny M:

Diane Morgan:
I'm thinking of jumping off this planet and starting a new quilting planet

I am with you Diane, this past week has been a nightmare with a few good parts and not enough quilting.  Between my mother's illness and being in Nevada while I am in KY, my new great granddaughter and all the normal stuff, I feel like a chicken with it's head cut off.   Little to no practice time and what I have done is pencil and paper.  Next week will be just as bad as we get ready for the quilt show here next Saterday.  Space Cadet here recently found the label I made for the Indian Nation quilt, I forgot to sew it on.  I sure do hope I get something together to practice on next week, please find that pause button, I need to catch up.

Granny M

GrannyM~ Prayers for mom still going out and hope your getting loads of new granddaughter hugs and squeezes. Still haven't found that pause button. Just too many things going on with health, business, and home. Even had to put down 2 cats last week. It was sad but needed to be done for my health and also their quality of life. They were 18 and 17 years old.

North of Boston MA

Page 17 of 22 (319 items) «Prev1516171819Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use