good information for hosting a swap
For members who wish to host a swap this is some information you can use to set up your swaps- UpdatedAugust 16th, 2012
1. CUTTING -- When cutting fabrics please take the time to cut them correctly.
Fat Quarters are 18" x 22" Layer Cakes are 10" x 10"
Charm Packs are 5" x 5" Jelly Rolls are 21/2" x WOF
2. MAILING PACKAGES -- DO NOT mail packages until swap closes. Each host will decide how to handle postage for their swap ,Make sure you put all information for postage in your swap.
3. WITHDRAWAL -- If you commit to participate in the swap and find you can't let them know before the swap closes. Once the swap is closed fabric is in transit to the party who will be sending it back to you and nothing is worse than having your expectation come up short becasue someone failed to let the rest of the group know they needed to drop out.
4. QUESTIONS -- The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. The question not asked is usually the one that can ruin the swap experience for everyone. Newbies often ask many of the same questions that we all asked when we tried our first swap so help the person running the swap by answering their questions with an accurate response.
5. TRACKING/INSURANCE -- Do I insure or track my package is really up to the individual. Every effort is made to return to you what the swap states you will be getting. Mistakes do happen from time to time but if you are in contact with the person running the swap they usually can be rectified without any harm to the participant.
6. FABRIC QUALITY -- let the members of your swap know if you want quilt shop quatliy fabric ,or if good quality fabric is acceptable so that all will know what is expect in your swap .
May 02 2012, 12:23 PM