Fat Quarter Swap with a Different Twist -- Hostess: Chez

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,761
Points 44,865
Roxana Posted: Sun, Oct 9 2016 7:59 PM

We have a new swap! Chez is hosting a Fat Quarter Swap with a Different Twist.  Please allow her the opportunity to post the guidelines before you post.

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,761
Points 44,865
Roxana replied on Mon, Oct 10 2016 9:59 AM

Guidelines will be posted October 13-15. Watch for them then! I know you will want in!

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 250
Chez replied on Thu, Oct 13 2016 5:59 AM

Hi everyone:
I'm so excited to host this fabric swap! Here are the guidelines:

COTTON PRINT FABRIC SWAP

This is a straight-forward fabric swap that doesn't have a deadline, or minimum or maximum number of participants. And there's no waiting for others to send their fabrics in. Simply send in 1 to 8 yards of fabric in 1-yard cuts (note that each yard needs to be a different print), and you will get 4 different fat quarters for each yard you send.

Opening Date: 10/13/2016
Sign Up Deadline: None! Just send me a personal message here on QCA to get my contact information. In the message, be sure to include your real name and postal address.
Ending Date: It's an open-ended swap. If I decide to end the swap, I'll try to give a minimum two-week notice and post it here.
Return package Mail Date: I'll send you fabrics back within 2 business days of receiving your package.
Number of Participants: 1, 20, or . . . whatever! It doesn't matter. The first participant will receive fat quarters from my own stash. As I receive yardage from swappers, I'll cut each yard into fat quarters. So the second participant will receive fat quarters from the first participant and from me. The third participant will receive fat quarters from the first two swappers and from me, and so on.

Please follow these guidelines for the swap:

• You may send 1 to 8 yards of cotton print fabric in 1-yard cuts. However, don't send more than 1 yard of the same print. Each yard must be unique. In return, you will get 4 different fat quarters for each yard you send. You won't receive fat quarters of the prints you sent in, so please don't send a cherished print expecting to get a fat quarter of it back.
  • Swappers will not receive duplicate fat quarters. For example, if you send 1 yard each of 8 different fabrics, you will receive 32 unique fat quarters.
  • Each person may participate in this swap once a month. To avoid getting repeat prints, don't send more than 8 yards of fabric in any given month. Please always check this thread for swap updates BEFORE sending future packages.
  • This swap is for COTTON PRINT quilting fabrics only-no solids, batiks, flannels, or homespuns.
  • Fabrics must be good quality quilter's weight cotton.
  • Do NOT send fabrics bought from discount department stores. These fabrics may look and feel fine off the bolt because they are treated with stabilizers, but they often fall to pieces in the wash.
  • Avoid sending fabrics from chain craft stores. While some chain craft stores do sell quality fabrics, the idea is for swappers to get limited run fabrics that aren't likely to be found in every town.
  • Leave the selvages on the fabric, please.
  • You may send fabrics that are washed or unwashed, but the preference is unwashed. When sending your fabrics, please specify if they are washed or unwashed. If you prefer to receive only unwashed fabrics in return, please ask; I can accommodate!
  • This is a scrappy swap, so there is no particular theme. However, please add a note to your package that specifies your DISLIKES, and I'll try to accommodate by pulling from my own stash if necessary. You may also specify what you like, but I can't make any guarantees about availability. Be as descriptive as possible when describing fabric styles. For example, "Civil War Prints," "1930s," "floral," "juvenile," and "novelty" are helpful terms. The terms "Modern" and "Traditional" cover a very wide array of fabrics and mean different things to different quilters, so stating that you don't like "Modern fabrics" or you don't like "traditional fabrics" can be problematic. J If you don't include a note in your package, then I'll assume you like everything.
  • Please send fabric in padded envelopes. Also include a self-addressed stamp envelope with the correct return address and postage. If you are sending 3 or more yards of fabric, I highly recommend using a 9.5 x 12.5 inch PADDED Priority Mail envelope, which will hold up to 8 yards of fabric. For further information, read the Group page here: http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/pages/mailing-swaps.aspx

Please feel free to ask additional questions if something is not clear. Thanks!

Happy swapping!

Chez

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 250
Chez replied on Fri, Oct 14 2016 7:10 AM

First swap package received--8 gorgeous prints from Swapper #1, Cathy Wiggins.  In return, Cathy was sent 32 fat quarters, including fabrics made by Moda, Riley Blake, In the Beginning, and Fabric Freedom of London (pictured here).

Who will be Swapper #2?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 785

Do you want yardage or fat quarters or both??

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 250
Chez replied on Sun, Oct 16 2016 3:55 PM

Please send 1-yard cuts. 

I'm asking for 1 yard cuts for two reasons: 1) it's easier to track who sent in each print, and 2) the selvage will contain information about the manufacturer so I can make sure everyone is getting quilt shop quality fabrics in return for the same. 

Good question! I'll update the guidelines to clarify.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 250
Chez replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:34 AM

I updated the guidelines to clarify two points:

• Please specify whether the fabrics you are sending are washed or unwashed.
  • Send 1-yard cuts.

Please, don't hesitate to ask if you have questions about anything.

Thanks!

Chez

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,155

I am a little confused of why we send 1 yd cuts and then in return get 32 fat quarters.  What is the 1 yd cut going for?  Is it just an "exchange" thing?  

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,155

Okay, I answered my own question.  LOL  It happens sometimes.  I just have to ask the question and then I find it.  I will participate.  I will send you Fabric.  

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,155

Chez,

Can you email me your information to send the fabric to.  My email address is khollis1958@gmail.com

Thank you.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 250
Chez replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 11:14 AM

Hi Karen,

I sent you an email with my contact information.

Apologies if the guidelines were confusing. For each yard of fabric you send, you will get 4 fat quarters in return.

Thanks!

Chez

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 70
Patty replied on Fri, Nov 18 2016 2:06 PM

Hi Chez,

I sent a friend request to you and would like to participate in the swap!  My email is carriagemeadows@sbcglobal.net.

I look forward to receiving the contact / mailing information from you.

Your first post of the cut fat quarters is awesome.  Love the colors!

Patty

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 250
Chez replied on Mon, Nov 21 2016 7:54 AM

Hi Patty,
I sent a message with the contact information.

Thanks so much!

Chez

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.