qcarachel Posted: Mon, Jun 2 2014 10:53 AM

Please post Swap ideas here!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 304
Points 14,050
qcarachel replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 10:57 AM

Hello Quilters,

This is the new forum for Swap Ideas for this group. You can find the old discussion here: http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/forum/t/35191.aspx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Rachel, love your avatar with the pooch. Lots of "over the top" pet lovers on QCA. Myself included.

Thank you for being so responsive! This really is like the good ole QCA days again. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,906
Points 33,150
Roxana replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 11:14 AM

I agree with you, Judy. I'm loving it! Rachel, I'm a pet lover too. I just can't get my Chihuahuas to look at the camera! They run off if they see I have it! ANnyway, they have character!

Thanks again, Rachel. We're glad to have you on board!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 12:39 PM

Did anything ever come of the proposed oriental no-sew swap?  Just wondering...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,906
Points 33,150
Roxana replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 12:42 PM

I don't believe anyone came forward to hostess it. Are you game? I think it is a great idea since I have just discovered this great fabric thanks to Bonita and the Round Robin!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 7:38 AM

Roxana:

I don't believe anyone came forward to hostess it. Are you game? I think it is a great idea since I have just discovered this great fabric thanks to Bonita and the Round Robin!

Sure.  Let me work out the details and I will  let you know.  Give me a day or so to get through month end and process my grandma's passing first.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,906
Points 33,150
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 9:20 AM

Susie, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. This can wait. Take care of what you need to first. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,609
Points 178,478
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 10:45 AM

Susie:
Give me a day or so to get through month end and process my grandma's passing first.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Susie, sorry for your loss.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,906
Points 33,150
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 3:45 PM

I was poking around the site and just found a new blog that QCARachel is writing. Be sure to check it out often!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 228
Points 3,710

Susie sorry to hear about your loss The swap sounds interesting take your time we will all wait with eagerness.

KeryyG

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 228
Points 3,710

Roxana I was thinking of a fat quarter swap for to begin after the candle mats for food related materials. What does anyone think. I would hostess but after the candle mats are sent out, which will be after July 21. Still in time for some Christmas presents.

KerryG

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 3,110
Carmel replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 3:31 AM

Calendar Swap:

We have one space available for June we had someone drop out due to surgery. I

f you wish to join us. You will need to friend me with your name, physical address, phone number, and email address.

Details are on the first page of the Calendar Block Swap.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Macungie, PA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 8:58 AM

Ok...for an Oriental-Themed Swap...

Here are my initial thoughts:

Swap is a Layer Cake (10" square) of any oriental-themed fabric.  This should lend itself to some beautiful, large blocks that can be sashed or used for something like an Attic Windows pattern.

I am kicking around adding in a Kona solid in a coordinating color to your oriental.  The Kona would be a 3" strip WOF.

That way, you would get 12 squares from each yard of oriental (with scraps left over for yourself) and then 12 strips from each yard of the Kona.

No limit on the number of swappers..  Double-ups need to be different oriental/Kona.  Swap signup would close July 5th, to allow time for fun shopping!

Mail date would be set up for August 1st, with the packages to be returned by the 15th--to allow for shipping time (or shipping sooner if the swap is full and all packages have arrived.)

Each set would be in a snack-size or lunch ziplock with a return address label on each bag. And all 12 bags in a larger ziplock.  SASE for the return shipment.  All packages mailed to me for collection and sorting.

What does everyone think of this swap?  If we have enough initial interest, Roxana will open up a separate swap for us and signups can begin.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 1,360

Ok...for an Oriental-Themed Swap...

Here are my initial thoughts:

Swap is a Layer Cake (10" square) of any oriental-themed fabric. This should lend itself to some beautiful, large blocks that can be sashed or used for something like an Attic Windows pattern.

I am kicking around adding in a Kona solid in a coordinating color to your oriental. The Kona would be a 3" strip WOF.

Suzi:  I like Oriental print Layer Cake theme, but would rather not do the 3" strips.  I'd rather cut and make my own strips to keep them uniform.  (just personal preference), but wanted to let you know that I would be interested and participate if you open up a swap group for this.

Tami

Page 1 of 8 (106 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use