Seasonal Mug Rug Swap - Hostess: Candis ~ CLOSED

rated by 0 users
This post has 118 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,392
Points 24,230
Roxana Posted: Tue, Feb 4 2014 7:14 PM

This is for the Seasonal Mug Rug Swap hosted by Candis. Do not sign up until she has posted her guidelines. Thank you. Roxana

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 700
Points 11,435

2ND MUG RUG SWAP - THE 4 SEASONS

Here is your opportunity to participate in a mug rug swap if you missed the first one! 

Sign up begins Feb 5 th. Ends March 5 th. Mugs must be mailed by April 5th. This is a direct swap. There will be no limit to the number of participants. The more the merrier!

Theme will be the 4 Seasons. Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring. This will let you design what the seasons mean to you. Each participant will make 4 rugs. After I have all names and information of participants I will draw the name of your pal on March 5 th. I will then send you your Pals name with their info. This will remain a secret except to me and you and The moderator. Until you mail them to your recipient, please enclose a note with your mugs introducing yourself. If you want to make 2 sets please notify me and do different designs .

Please read swap guidelines before committing to this swap! To sign up please friend me and send a private message or send an email to me at Marlabartlett60@gmail.com. This is my QCA only email , so I don't mind giving it out. Never know when QCA goes down. Please send your name, screen name, address, phone, and email address please. You will not be signed up until all info is sent to me. 

What is a mug rug?

A mug rug usually accommodates a mug and cookies. A mug rug is a mini quilt varying in size from 4” x 7” to as large as 12” x 8”. It can be any shape, round, square, hexagon, rectangle. You can use any technique, remember to make it sturdy enough for washing. Secure everything well. A quilter can fit more detail onto a mug rug and have more fun creating them. Sizes and shapes are your choice. You have your top, your batting, and a pretty backing, don't forget to bind your rug. 

o Fabric should be good quality or better.

o Avoid religious themed fabric.

o Avoid large weave/homespun, linen, vinyl, flannel and fabrics that do not launder well.

o Fusible or non fusible light or mid-weight batting should be used. Products such as Soft & Stable are acceptable.

What are mug rugs used for?

mugs rugs can be used for many more things than just mugs and cookies. They can be used to protect your table or furniture against plant pots, serving bowls, condiments and much more. A pretty mug rug added to a dressing table is the perfect place for your perfume bottles or brush and comb set. They can adorn coffee tables, desks and worktables. They look good on the breakfast table holding the butter and jelly or on the hall console table as the resting place for the car keys. Children may like one on their bedside table to hold their supper drink. Every room in the house can find a space for these functional little quilts!

1. Post on time!

One of the best things with participating in a mug rug swap is waiting for the post each day until you receive that wonderful little parcel. Do not disappoint your pal by posting late. Please honor your commitment to this swap. Pack your mugs in a protective bag before placing in shipping envelope. Send tracking number to me please by PM or email when you ship. 

2. Thank your Pal!

For me this is the loveliest part of any swap - knowing that somebody likes your work and is pleased with their mug rug. Send a private message or post on the Mug Rug thread. Alternatively you could send a little thank you card if you so wish. Even if the mug rugs are not to your taste please find something positive to say - somebody has made the effort and (hopefully) done their best to provide you with something nice. All of us are at different skill levels but, with kind words from other sewists and quilters, we will continue to grow and blossom. 

FINALLY, remember that a mug rug swap is meant to be fun. Do not worry about your work being good enough - do the best you can and send your creations out into the world with pride!! Be as creative as you wish! Oh, please feel free to ask questions and post often on on the swap board. Please post photos if you can after receiving your Mug Rugs. 

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 700
Points 11,435

1. Candis- received

2. Kathy G. -Received

3. Kathy G.-received

4. Caryl Ann- received

5.  Melissa- received

6.  Michelle S.

7.  Zsofia- received

8. Dropped

9.  Beverly C.- received

10. Pat B

11. Brigit-Carol- received

12. Florence- Received

13. Sarah-Received

14. Linda K.- Received

etc. etc.

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 10:24 PM

Candis - I'm in. thinking on what to do for the four seasons, so one of each season?  this will be fun and a good way to use up some of the smaller pieces of fabric I seem to have, won't need yards like most projects!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 700
Points 11,435
Candis replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 10:41 PM

Debbie:

Candis - I'm in. thinking on what to do for the four seasons, so one of each season?  this will be fun and a good way to use up some of the smaller pieces of fabric I seem to have, won't need yards like most projects!  

Yes, 1 for each season, so really anything goes!  You will make total of 4     Your in just send me your info please!  Thanks

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 19,400

Candis - I know I'm a day early but I can't wait. Please add me to your list. I love being on lists. heehee

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 700
Points 11,435
Candis replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:08 PM

Melissa Halpain:

Candis - I know I'm a day early but I can't wait. Please add me to your list. I love being on lists. heehee

Ahh it's the 5 th on the east coast!!  Kathy told me that! My fault, should of made it today!  No worries, please email or Pm me your info then I will put you on the list!  It will be fun!!

MODESTO, CA.
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85

Count me in

Michelle Smith

I edited this post to wipe out the personal information. These threads can be googled by anyone and the information get out. Please don't post personal information. Candis has your personal info. Thank you, Roxana..... Moderator of the Fabric Swaps Group

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 635
Points 16,195
Zsofia replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 6:12 PM

Candis - Me, me, me! please add me to this swap. Can't wait to start!

Zsofia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 700
Points 11,435

Zsofia:

Candis - Me, me, me! please add me to this swap. Can't wait to start!

Zsofia

I love excitement!! So infectious!! Lol.  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 8:52 PM

Candis, you didn't add me.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 700
Points 11,435

Debbie:

Candis, you didn't add me.  

I'm just waiting for u to PM me your info, then it's a done deal! Lol!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:10 PM

Sorry, in three swaps so I forget who I've sent to.  I'll do that right now

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 455
Points 7,055
Pat Badder replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 10:41 PM

Candis count me in please will send you info by PM looking forward to this one.

Pat B

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 455
Points 7,055
Pat Badder replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 10:49 PM

Candis sent you a PM with info. Now I have to start thinking of what kind of mug rug to do for all four seasons.

Pat B

Page 1 of 8 (119 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use