I sent you a PM

Liz

South of Boston, MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Hi Kathy - Just wondering. Should we write our name and location on the blocks? That might be fun to see who did what and where they are from.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,598
Points 26,880
Debbie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:46 PM

I like

Melissa Halpain:
Just wondering. Should we write our name and location on the blocks? That might be fun to see who did what and where they are from.
 I like this idea!  

went and bought my fabric today for this swap, wow, now I have 9 blocks  to finish for the Blue/white stars (due Nov 1) and these 16 blocks (due Dec 1st) plus getting the HSTs back on Saturday and then I've lost track on the other swaps I'm in - think there's a fall FQs and one other.

there's also the RR, due Oct 1st.  You think I would get a quilt done after all this, wouldn't you?  guess I'm in a sewing mood now, whether I want to or not! 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 399
Points 5,040
Kristie replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 6:27 AM

Well, we are labeling our bags with our address, so I guess those who want to mark the blocks for their quilts could. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 3,005
Kathy G replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:19 PM

I like the idea of marking the blocks but since it was not in the original rules I think we should let everyone that has signed up so far have a chance to agree since some may have planned to give the quilt as a gift.  That being said, what does eveybody think?

Kathy G

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 592
Points 11,425
Judi replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:43 AM

I would prefer the blocks not be signed. However, at some point it might be fun to do a signature quilt. You could send a solid to each person to sign. That way you have some control over the quilt. Then you could add blocks fron friends in your area too 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 399
Points 5,040
Kristie replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:55 PM

I would prefer we didn't mark the blocks, though I'm very open to signing a solid piece for anyone who'd like to have it.  

I would also like to sign up for a second set of hearts. :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,929
Points 33,565
Roxana replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:48 PM

I would prefer we not mark the blocks as I do plan to give mine to the Wricsn Heart Association for a silent auction.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 3,005
Kathy G replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 3:37 PM

SInce it sounds like a mixed bag of responses...let's go with unsigned blocks at this time.  Roxanna, maybe we could look at doing a signature quilt in the future (after happy hearts).  That way we can all participate in both swaps, leave happy hearts as a gifting option, and look forward to creating a serious friendship quilt....we might even be able to do something crazy like pick a finished size and have folks sign up for their favorite block ,,,we could end up with a really beautiful patchwork sampler representative of our quilting friends...

Just thinking out loud....

Kathy G

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,675
Points 248,592
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 3:49 PM

Kathy, that is a swap I think I would like to get into - a block made by all my quilting friends here on QCA and we swap them around - that would make a very nice sampler quilt to remind me of all of you everytime I look at it... that is an awesome idea for a swap - and please consider me should you decide to do that!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 3,005
Kathy G replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 11:23 PM

Okay Gals....

Lots to report.

Liz, I did not get your message.  please send again

We still have open slots and FQs available to be claimed.  I am continueing to have some tech difficulties but I am going to try and post a pic of a sample block so everyone can get an idea of how cute these turn out.

Sorry for the poor photo quality but I think you get the idea.  Be sure and ask any questions.  Hope everybody is finding some fun fabric.  As a side note, this pattern is really cute using other colors so those of you who aren't sure about how you will use yur blocks, consider mixing them up with a few of your favorite fabrics!

Keep on stitchin'

Kathy G

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 3,005
Kathy G replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 11:28 PM

Thea:

I think this is a swap that a lot of folks would be interested in.  I will post the idea in the idea thread and see if anyone is interested.  Because of the time of year and so many swaps happening, I think this might be a great new years idea...something like old friends/new friends stitched together through the ages.

Thoughts?  Anyone?

Kathy G.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

I love this idea. I'm already looking forward to it.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,140
Liz replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 11:05 AM

hi kathy, 

i think u responded to my message, if not i cant find it and doknt remember what it was, ill think on it

im going away for a couple weeks but will sew my heart out when i get home, befor oct

happy quilting

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 380
emcrorie replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 3:00 PM

I would like to join in.  I am new to the boards and swaps, but not completely new to quilting.   Do all of the hearts we send have to use the same fabric?  

• Post Points: 35
Page 3 of 10 (145 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use