Blue and White Star Block Swap - Hostess: Judi

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

I have to ask then if you used some from the other group because group two only had 10 and group one had 11 , then how do you have extra blocks?

I am most confused by this.  and why would you use one groups into anothers. Please explain.

PERSONALLY I want 12 blocks in my package sent back to me. I didn't do them all and send them on time to be counted short just because. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Judi:

I thought I messages you!  Must be losing my mind!  Yes!

i seem to have all the blocks now. I will mail out on Friday. 

sorry but what does this message state you think you have all the blocks yet the next one says you mixed blocks PLEASE explain.

also now the mail date may be Wednesday in other words not Friday the 6th but Wednesday the 11th? am I correct here? 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 557
Points 10,740
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 7:37 PM

I finally received all the blocks for the first swap.  There are only 11 participants.  In the second group, I only had 9 that sent blocks.  I am trying to give everyone 12 blocks that are different.  In other words I am trying to do this so everyone will have 12 blocks as we originally planned.  I am still waiting for one person who has had a problem to send her blocks from the 2nd swap.

I will mail the first set Wed as 7 inches of snow is predicted for tomorrow morning.  If I can get out to the PO they will go tomorrow.  I wish everything had gone as the original post, but I did not get blocks in time.  I am sorry if this has not been a great swap.  I have tried my best.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 557
Points 10,740
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 7:42 PM

Caryl Anne

You will definitely be getting 12 blocks back.  I over thought this.  I am not perfect nor claim to be.  If I had gotten the blocks from everyone who signed up on time, then this would not have happened.  I waited for some people who emailed me that for personal reasons they would mail late.  I thought this was the best thing to do.  I have no control over not getting blocks or the PO or the weather.  I have constantly tried to get these blocks sorted and mailed.

Again, I apologize for my over thinking this.  I guess Math brain rather than login brain kicked in.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,592
Points 26,760
Debbie replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 7:59 PM

Judi- late is better than neve to me, and everyone is most likely busy with holidays so its not like I'm going to do mine right away, others might.  

I know what you mean about over thinking it but you are doing great.  Its so hard to say in print what you really mean.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 33,120
Roxana replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 8:06 PM

Judy, thanks so much for hosting this swap. Hosting two is quite a challenge. I appreciate all your work!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 557
Points 10,740
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 8:10 PM

Thanks Debbie.  I sometimes feel like I just am not doing this good enough.  It is my first online swap.  I have done them at my guild but not long distance as the hostess.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 8:27 PM

So Judi, if I'm understanding you correctly, each person in the first swap will be getting 12 blocks back.  2 of the original blocks I made and  one each from the 10 other swappers?  In the second swap if I made and sent 12 blocks, I will get back 4 of my original blocks and one each from the 8 other swappers?  That's how other swaps have worked so I'm just trying to understand what's what.  One time I got back 5 of the packets I sent due to lack of participation. 

And you are doing a great job with this.  Don't risk an accident to get these out to the PO tomorrow.  I can wait for the blocks to be sent.  Sounds like it's going to be another crazy storm tomorrow.  And you know how slow our PO is.  LOL   I'm praying for a snow day so I can finish up some quilting projects. Have a great evening.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 557
Points 10,740
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 9:22 PM

What I am trying to do is to have everyone get 12 different blocks back. Since there were 2 groups with different stars, I think I can achieve this. I may mess up and someone may get two of the same block, but I thought that getting 12 different ones would be better. 

everyone will get back the same number as they sent. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 9:41 PM

Sending you a PM

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Dec 10 2013 11:19 PM

Judi:

What I am trying to do is to have everyone get 12 different blocks back. Since there were 2 groups with different stars, I think I can achieve this. I may mess up and someone may get two of the same block, but I thought that getting 12 different ones would be better. 

everyone will get back the same number as they sent. 

OK OK but that what Mimi said is how they should be done, if there are not enough blocks different which there cannot be if only 19 of 24 sent blocks in., then you are working your brain into a frenzied for nothing. Just slow down and make sure that 12 blocks are sent to each of your participants, AND these should be from the group they signed up with.  Not one of us are going to miss more fabrics in our homes at this time of year.  My self personally would just as soon wait until after Christmas, when I know I will be here to accept them.

But if that is no longer possible then just mail out after the weather gets better. no need to get into a hurry. you should have all pre paid postage envelopes, so when you can, call the post office and have them pick up.

Just post the date here and on the second swap page, as I don't see any mention there at all, & not everyone is in both swaps

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 557
Points 10,740
Judi replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 11:52 AM

The first set were shipped yesterday.

i realize what my blunder was.....I had not made a stack for myself. Duh!  

I have tried to make this fun swap. The blocks look beautiful. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,592
Points 26,760
Debbie replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 9:10 PM

Judi Sorry, got mine last week and very nice job on all the blocks, ladies!  I thought 2 of us had done the same block till I looked again. Got them on design wall but haven't decided what to do, yet. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 557
Points 10,740
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 9:55 PM

So happy that the blocks are arriving. I can't wait to make up mine. I have a few ideas, but who knows. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 10:02 PM

Judi, mine came today. Great looking blocks, can't get to them until after the new year. Thanks Judi for hosting the swap.

Page 11 of 13 (185 items) «Prev910111213Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use