rated by 0 users
This post has 123 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,514
Points 25,350
Debbie replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 6:48 AM

klaynegrimm:
When you take it to the post office they will tape it securely shut for you.

Ya'll must be in a small town cuz my big town PO won't tape it shut.  I had to buy tape from them.  I pick up the envelopes and get it all ready at home, printing off the labels from home and then take it to PO.  saves about 50 cents each to print from home so that $2.00 for two swaps and I don't have to run to PO and stand in line.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 11:47 AM

Phyllis I am sure we all understand given the circumstances if you are not online regularly! My fat 1/4's are all cut and I will try to get to the Post Office tomorrow. I will have to put some $ in with the parcel as English stamps don't work FROM USA to UK !! I have tried to calculate and believe if you send it the cheapest way it should be a little less than $25 so I will put that in an envelope with the fabric. Hope that is OK and doesn't cause you too many problems.

xx

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 1:05 PM

klaynegrimm:

Hi

If this swap is like the fourth of July swap and from the way I understand it is, you fold your two colors together in pairs you should have 12 pairs. Then you place the 12 pairs in a plastic bag ziplock etc. gallon size. This will keep ;the fabric dry if something happens to the mailer. On the outside of that bag place your name Barbra and Phyllis both used return address labels on their fabric pieces that I got in the swap. All of that will fit in a card board flat rate envelop. When you take it to the post office they will tape it securely shut for you. You will need to buy two flat rate envelopes one is your return envelope and even it will fold and fit in the other flat rate with the fabric. I didn't think it would but the lady at the post office said it would and also said she had seen them fatter than the one I sent. Don't forget to put you address on the return envelope I used one of my address labels for that and got my fabric from the other swap just fine. I hope this helps. If you have other questions friend or pm Barb she can help. 

Kerry G

Kerry ,I just now saw this and you did a great job of explaining this . I can see nothing that need to be added . thanks a lot  good job  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 1:08 PM

Phyllis,you are doing just fine with your swaps , you don't have to check in all day or eeven everyday ,that with I do ,if I see any questions that are missed I try and catch  them . you are doing a great job hosting your swaps ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,831
Points 31,895
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 1:34 PM

Barbara:

Phyllis,you are doing just fine with your swaps , you don't have to check in all day or eeven everyday ,that with I do ,if I see any questions that are missed I try and catch  them . you are doing a great job hosting your swaps ..Barbara

Phyllis, I agree with Barbara! Thanks for hosting!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 2:28 PM

Ok all packed up ready to go will get it in the post in the morning. Hopefully about a week to 10days.

xx

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Hi Debbie

Actually I live in Morgantown West Virginia, but I did mail from Star City I guess you would consider it  a smaller PO. Morgantown is the home of West Virginia University pretty good size city.  Also I didn't have to pay for labels but I did take Phyllis's address and hand write the label. Also small line I went Sat. AM. LOL You know what they sing about West Virginia "Almost heaven" LOL

Kerry G

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Phyllis you don"t have to apologize for anything you are a great hostess. I just got a chance to order my fabric should have it in time to get it to you by the 9th. I promise to cut it right and not to do it late at night again. Thanks for vote of confidence about my explanation glad I could help. I can sew clothes very well even tailor sport coats and ski suits etc. but there is a lot I don't know about piece work for quilts and points freak me out a little still believe it or not if they were on clothes I wouldn't think twice about them, sounds crazy on one hand I know but there it is anyway. LOL  Hope your Dad is feeling well in my Nursing career I have worked with Alzheimers patients for 20 years Please believe me when I tell you they are truly my favorite patients. I have always been blessed by their great strength which is their memories and how willing they are to share them.  My Dads follow up after surgery went vry well surgeon pleased and Dad is feeling better actually went out to eat a very big plus since he doesn't always eat a lot.

Kerry G

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 5:48 AM

Phyllis parcel on its way to you. Please if you get a chance will you let me know when it arrives. Thank you.

xx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,514
Points 25,350
Debbie replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 7:27 AM

Phyllis, my parcel will go out this morning - all packaged up but PO closed before I could get there.  Darn them!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,514
Points 25,350
Debbie replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 7:29 AM

klaynegrimm:
Phyllis you don"t have to apologize for anything you are a great hostess.

I agree, you are doing a great job but family does come first so go take care of your Dad.  He's more important than us!

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 8:09 AM

Phyllis parcel on its way to you. Please if you get a chance will you let me know when it arrives. Thank you.

xx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,020
Judi replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:19 PM

I am out of town. I will hopefully be able to get my FQ out baby Tuesday. I thought the mail date was later this week. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,831
Points 31,895
Roxana replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 10:30 PM

Judi, I think the mail date is so Phyllis receives them by August 9. That's the way I read it anyway.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,020
Judi replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 12:49 PM

Hi

". All of that will fit in a card board flat rate envelope. "

Okay everyone.  I finally got my fat quarters into a gallon Ziplock bag.  It is about 4 inches thick and I can't see how this will ever get into a flat envelope!  I rodered the legal size from the PO and when they get here, most likely tomorrow, I want to mail them.  I have a feeling that I will have to put them into 2 bags before they will fit inot the envelope!

Page 5 of 9 (124 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use