Fall Fabric Swap : hostess Phyllis ~ Completed

rated by 0 users
This post has 123 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:17 PM

I have sent a message to you Phyllis as I would love to be involved. Finger crossed there is still a space.

Lesley x

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 6,595
Phyllis replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:36 PM

Lesley you are in and now the swap is closed.  Start cutting that fabric ladies!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 6,595
Phyllis replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:39 PM

Kerry, I hope all is well with your Father.  Been there, done that and it is not much fun.  Sorry about your name, I try to be careful with people's names, I'll get yours changed.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 6,595
Phyllis replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:40 PM

DEAR,

I just went through the emails on this swap and you are the only Debbie I found so it must be you that is registered for this swap!!!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,480
Points 24,685
Debbie replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:47 PM

Phyllis:
I just went through the emails on this swap and you are the only Debbie I found so it must be you that is registered for this swap!!!

Thanks, Phyllis.  been awhile since I had so many Debbies in one place.  I know there's 2- 3 others I've seen on QCA,  I have to look sometimes myself to see if I wrote something.    

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 6,595
Phyllis replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:55 PM

For those of you who have friended me and I have not replied, I'm not ignoring you I just realized that I have been going to the wrong place to look for friend requests! DUH.  I think I'm now current with all of my requests.  Kerrie, Patty and Kathy G, unless you friended me under another name, I have not had a request from you.  Let me know and I'll get you my contact information!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,510

Hi Phyllis

Thank you for your concern over my Dad, yes he is doing better surgery went well and he is back home now and so am I. I friended you with the last swap so you are still listed for me if I have to do something else other than start a conversation which I have please let me know. Thanks sew much

Kerry g

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,590
Judi replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 3:40 PM

Phyllis dear. I hope to get mine mailed out by Tuesday.  Have you any idea what size envelope we need?  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 6,595
Phyllis replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 5:23 PM

I am rewording this response because the first one was all wrong!  You can get these into a flat rate envelope but it is not easy.  Takes lots of packing tape.  Easier fit is the 11x14 tyvek envelope.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,590
Judi replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 6:30 PM

Anybody have any suggestions?  Should I have each pair in sandwich bag or just pin them together. I have not ever swapped this many FQ before(ggg) 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 8:05 PM

i don't have a clue how we are supposed to pkg. these FQ's.  i hope someone answers you.....karen

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,510

Hi

If this swap is like the fourth of July swap and from the way I understand it is, you fold your two colors together in pairs you should have 12 pairs. Then you place the 12 pairs in a plastic bag ziplock etc. gallon size. This will keep ;the fabric dry if something happens to the mailer. On the outside of that bag place your name Barbra and Phyllis both used return address labels on their fabric pieces that I got in the swap. All of that will fit in a card board flat rate envelop. When you take it to the post office they will tape it securely shut for you. You will need to buy two flat rate envelopes one is your return envelope and even it will fold and fit in the other flat rate with the fabric. I didn't think it would but the lady at the post office said it would and also said she had seen them fatter than the one I sent. Don't forget to put you address on the return envelope I used one of my address labels for that and got my fabric from the other swap just fine. I hope this helps. If you have other questions friend or pm Barb she can help. 

Kerry G

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 6,595
Phyllis replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 9:34 PM

Kerry G you are right on target.  That is exactly how they should be done.  Some of you have indicated that you did not get my email to you with my mailing address.  If you don't have that, please respond here and I will make sure to get it to you again.  Don't want anyone left out.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 6,595
Phyllis replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 9:41 PM

My apologies to all of you for my absences on here.  This is going to have to be my last swap for a while.  My father is 92 years old and has alzheimers.  He lives in an assisted living facility a few miles from me.  My two brothers live out of state so I am his primary care giver.  He has really slipped in the last month or so and I am having to spend more and more time over there with him in the evenings.  As much as I'll miss the swaps, he has to be my main focus right now.  I will still check in from time ti time but once or twice a week is the best I can do right now. 

I am excited to get the fabric for this fall fabric swap.   I have some ideas that take fall fabric so am looking forward to seeing everyone's fabric.  I have to be honest and tell you that I haven't even bought my fabric yet.  Plan to do that this weekend while my daughter spends some time with my Dad.  I am trying to get on here as often as possible to answer your questions.  I appreciate everyone jumping in to help others out.  I know I'm not at my best but we are going to have some gorgeous new fabric in just a few short weeks!.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 10:07 PM

Bless you Phyllis.  I am the sole care giver for my parents and there are days-oh my goodness there are days!  I have all my fabric cut...just need your address.

I'm sending thoughts for peace...you've already got strength and Peaches!

A new sister in stiches,

Kathy G

Page 4 of 9 (124 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use