HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

rated by 0 users
This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 78
Points 1,450

MNnancy:

basketbear:
Came home from a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day at work to find...

Basketbear, are you a teacher, or just a lover of children's books?  Alexander's Terrible...Day is one of my favorites!  (~retired teacher/librarian)

Yes Nancy, I am both a (retired) teacher and lover of children's books.  I have many favorite titles, Alexander...being one of them, however, my favorite authors are Eric Carle and Jan Brett.  Looking forward to sharing my love of books and all my art projects and stories with my new grandchildren (7mths & 16 mths)

Regina

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 78
Points 1,450

Roxana:

Check out Pat Speth's method of a temporary design wall. It works! I set mine up today with a dressmaker board I know I've had about 35+ years!

http://nickelquilts.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/design-wall/

Roxanna,

Wow!  what a great way to have a sturdy design wall!  I will have to dig out my dressmaker board.  I have been using a cheap (Dollar Store) flannel backed table cloth that I hang on the dining room wall with Command brand clips.  

Regina

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,948
Points 33,870
Roxana replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 10:53 AM

basketbear:

Roxana:

Check out Pat Speth's method of a temporary design wall. It works! I set mine up today with a dressmaker board I know I've had about 35+ years!

http://nickelquilts.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/design-wall/

Wow!  what a great way to have a sturdy design wall!  I will have to dig out my dressmaker board.  I have been using a cheap (Dollar Store) flannel backed table cloth that I hang on the dining room wall with Command brand clips.  

Once you get it done, she said at the retreat for us to get 2-sided carpet tape and tape the cheap table cloth to the board. It then folds up and the binder clips hold it closed. Add that to the 2 curtain rods and you have a temporary design board to take to classes, sewing bees, and retreats! then if you really need a big board, you make two! I understand the dressmaker boards are more expensive now so they are best bought with a coupon at JoAnn's. I think it is an awesome idea. I sure wasn't using that dressmaker board anymore!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,948
Points 33,870
Roxana replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:48 PM

Did ANYONE get their HSTs today?

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,140
Liz replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 8:50 PM

Hi everyone, I'm on the road but my son says two packages of fabric arrived yesterday, now i am doubly excited to get home

thank you roxana for running this swap, althoughn the more i think about what to make i probably should have joined both

happy sewin.g and i cant wait to see what everyone makes, post lots of pictures

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:05 PM

Roxana:
Did ANYONE get their HSTs today?

I did!  I did! 

Just got home from school about an hour ago.  It was Back to School Night and the weather was sideways rain. So it was slow going getting home.  Hope the heat wave has finally broken. 

But I've had my glass of wine and relaxed a bit and fondled all the beautiful fall HST's that appeared in my mailbox.  Thanks everyone for such lovely fabrics and I can't wait to start putting them all together.  Thanks to Roxana for being SO organized and making this swap so special.  It was a lot of fun.  Can't wait to see what everyone does with their swap blocks.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:16 PM

Mimi:
Can't wait to see what everyone does with their swap blocks.

I did some sewing on mine today, but I won't post a photo until everyone has received theirs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 10:28 PM

Mine came!!!!  Shoot, I need to get a UFO off the design board so that I can start playing around with arrangements.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:18 AM

I have a package that my daughter is going to pick up today...she will let me know if it's my hsts.  But I won't be home until Sunday night. Dang...I'll just have to wait until then to play with them!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Mine are here today and wowowow what a wonderful package of goodies. TY for hosting this swap Roxana, and Thanks to all the participants in group #2 for the beauties. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 7:28 PM

I had a better look at my HST's and wanted to thank everyone in Group #2 for all the lovely blocks.  Thanks Roxana for hosting the swap.  You did a wonderful job.

Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,948
Points 33,870
Roxana replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 7:58 PM

Thank YOU, Caryl Anne and Joyce! it was a fun swap. I can't wait until everyone receives theirs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 8:18 PM

Finally made it to the mailbox today and picked up my HST's.  They are great and will make a beautiful quilt.  Now I'm really sorry that I only signed up for one of the groups.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:07 AM

Dang...my daughter did NOTHING this weekend while I was gone.  No dishes (both sinks full AGAIN), no clothes put away, and she didn't pick up my packages.  UGH!  So, I don't know if the two packages sitting at the office are from Roxanna or not.  I sure hope so!  I'm going to TRY to get there before they close today.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 766
Points 10,049
Rhonnie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 11:21 AM

Gorgeous fabrics in the HST packages. I was pleasantly surprised with the variety of fabrics. I thought my LQS had a lot of selections yet they didn't have most of these. I was looking at them and my daughter said can I help some more. I think she is officially hooked on helping me now. I know it is wonderful for talking about things she doesn't want to talk to me about. She told DH that I am calmer when I am in the sewing room. But I think it's because she's not looking at my expression when I first react. Thank you Roxanna for hosting! I look forward to your next swap.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Page 25 of 26 (386 items) «Prev2223242526Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use