HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

rated by 0 users
This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 4:17 PM

It will be interesting to see what Happy Go Lucky will look like with our scrappy HSTs.  Although the example looks scrappy, it's really only the charm squares.  The pinwheels and backgrounds are all done with the same two fabrics.

If you contact Roxana right now, and if you're a fast sewer, you might still be able to get in on a second complete set of HSTs.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:33 PM

She's right. I had one person who was in both HST groups drop out. Mimi, you want to go for it for 256? .... Not many of the HSTs are all scrappy. Most are in sets of four. I think the Happy Go Lucky pattern would look great, especially with fall colors in the squares! I may have to get the book. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:45 PM

Roxana, I'll get started tonight.  My first set is in the mail.  I'll work to get the other set done before the weekend.  Thanks for helping me with my pinwheel blocks.  Oh now I'm excited!!

And it's an easy quilt.  You wouldn't have to get the book if you didn't want to get the other luscious quilts in it.  There's a mini I'm doing right now called "Short and Sweet."  This is one of the quilt kits I got for free when I won that $100 gift card.  Anyway......  Look at the picture and figure out how big you want to make it.  The rows have an odd number of blocks in them so the plain and pinwheels alternate.  Then it's got a HST border with light and dark fabrics the size of the plain blocks.  Pretty straight forward.

Have to get cutting those other 256 HST's.  Thanks for letting me know you needed someone else.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:50 PM

Mimi:

Roxana - Just got home from morning chores one of which was mailing my HST's.  Tracking number is 9114901075742854448490.  Receipt says it should get to you by Thursday. 

Thanks for running the swap.  I wished I had done both of the swaps because I found a wonderful pattern in Kim Diehl's book, Simple Charm on pages 24 - 29 called "Happy Go Lucky."  It uses 4 1/2 in blocks but I'm going to use the 5 1/2 in blocks instead.  It's a really easy pattern.  Just pinwheel block and then plain block, alternating rows.    Should be very quick to complete.  Gonna cut my 5 1/2 blocks today and wait to see the wonderful surprises I get in Sept.  Thanks again.

Thanks, Mimi. I'll be looking for them. Let me know if you want to make some more for the swap!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:05 PM

Joyce:

Roxana I finally finished my hst's.  I will get them in the mail tomorrow.  Need to search for your address.  I had the instructions printed but didn't print your address. Sure be a relief when I get them in the mail and hear that you have them. ha

Joyce

Joyce, I sent you a PM with my address in it so you wouldn't have to look. The rest of the instructions are on page 1 of the thread.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:10 PM

Mimi:

Have to get cutting those other 256 HST's.  Thanks for letting me know you needed someone else.

Anyone else who did only one group want to do another set? Just let me know as soon as possible. Group 2 is full again and there is a spot in Group 1. Or even part of the set? I might could split one with someone. Of course I'd split the spoils too!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:34 PM

Since I'm cutting I'll be glad to cut another 128 and split them with you, Roxana, if no one else is interested.  Let me know.  I'll just put them in another quilt if I don't use them now.  Or maybe I'll make this one bigger.  Just let me know what you want me to do.  I start back to work next week but just on Tues. - Thurs.  So I have a little time off still.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 8:16 PM

That sound like a good deal unless someone else speaks up quickly. Just be certain you are using different fabrics in the 128  from your first 256 or you second 256. Are those enough numbers to confuse you?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 9:40 PM

Well I'm pretty easy to confuse but I think I've got it.  16 sets of 16 HST's and then 8 sets of 16 HST's right?  I've got fabric all over the place right now.  All the yellows, golds, reds, rusts, tans, browns of autumn and they're predicting another 90 degree day here tomorrow.  Watch for flying fabric....head down, full speed ahead.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 10:04 PM

Mimi, you've got it as long as that fabric for the 8 sets of 16 HSTs is from flying fabric that wasn't used in the HSTs you mailed today and isn't used in the HSTs of 16 sets of 16 HSTs you started cutting tonight! I love flying fabric! .... I'll get started on my 8 sets of 16 HSTs from the dormant fall fabric I didn't use in any of the 512 HSTs I previously finished. 

I bought the e-book of Kim's Simple Charms and I LOVE the pattern. (Gotta love that QCA discount with Martingale!) --- I think all these HSTs that I've been getting hosting this swap will look great in that pattern with my leftover fall fabric colors as the squares.  ... And since the two of us will wind up with 640 HSTs each, we'll have 40 to use in another project!

Gotta love it! You'll have such a great back-to-school package on the other side of the swap. .... Thanks! ... We'll make a great team. ... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 4:15 AM

Ladies,I did get my HST all sent to Roxana  so mine are done ,I hope I didn't mess them up  I thought I haD THEM ALL READY ..  BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 555
Points 8,770
Joyce replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 11:30 PM
Roxana I mailed my HST's today so shouldn't be too long before you get them. Joyce
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 11:38 AM

Joyce:
Roxana I mailed my HST's today so shouldn't be too long before you get them. Joyce

Thanks, Joyce, I'll be watching for them!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 7:17 PM

Nancy I'm still looking at the tickled pink pattern , It should look good din fall colors.  I really think this is what I'm gonna stick with  I just like the pattern real well

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:41 PM

Me too, Barbara.  Will have to wait to see if the HSTs we receive lend themselves to this, though.  I know some of the "lights" I used are not as plain and light as those in that quilt.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 20 of 26 (386 items) «Prev1819202122Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use