HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

rated by 0 users
This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:23 PM

My prepaid cardboard envelopes arrived today, so it took five days to get here.

I applied clear packing tape to all edges of both envelopes before packing the HSTs, and then I applied more tape to the outer envelope after packing, addressing, and sealing, so even though they're full to the brim, hopefully they'll get to you in one piece, Roxana!  Maybe you can throw some more tape on the return envelope after you've packed it with the swapped HSTs so it gets back to me intact.

I'll send my package out tomorrow.  Do I need to take it to the post office, or can my regular mail person just grab it from our mailbox at the end of the drive?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,021
Points 34,925
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:37 PM

Nancy, if it will fit in your mailbox, the regular mail person can just grab it and bring it. Be sure to get the tracking numbers off the envelopes though before you send them my way. I can't wait to see them. This has been so much fun!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 10:16 PM
I worked on my HST's tonight. I have them drawn and tomorrow I hope to sew and cut & press. I have half of them finished now working on the 2nd color. Hope to finish them soon if no more interruptions. Had company from SC yesterday and part of today. Actually enjoying working on them. Joyce
  • Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,021
Points 34,925
Roxana replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 10:22 PM

Joyce, thanks for the update. I found them fun and relaxing. I can't wait for everyone to see what I've been able to see! This will be so much fun putting together.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,021
Points 34,925
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 4:39 PM

Melissa, your HSTs came in today's mail. Thank you so much!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,411
Points 19,150

Great! I'm glad they got there OK.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,590
Points 24,050
Susie replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 10:01 AM

Mine are almost done!  My machine crapped out completely.  I do have a second machine that is working, though.  I should have the stitching done tonight so I can press them tomorrow & have them in the mail either Wednesday or Thursday.  I have to say, I really like the triangulation paper!  I printed mine from the quiltingandwhatnot.com site and the measurements are spot on!  I do have to trim the dog ears off, but that's pretty minor and can be done while I'm watching something on tv. 

I can't wait to see the rest of them!  I am starting to think about what I want to do with them...I have a couple ideas, but will hold off until I see the final blocks.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,021
Points 34,925
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 7:58 PM

Thanks, Susie, for the update! I can't believe this swap is so close to the other side! Trust me, everyone, it's going to be great!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 8:21 PM
Just got my Oct/Nov McCall's Quick Quilts and on page 55 there is a lap quilt called My Autumn view which is 2 1/2 inch HST's. They don't call them HST but sure looks like it to me. I'm thinking we could just make it bigger and have a large quilt. Not sure yet what I'm going to do with mine either. I only joined the 1 group but should have enough to do something. I'm getting there. I was going to only work on the HST's today but the day turned around on me and I ended going to the ER to be with a lady friend from church, then to lunch with DH said ok next to sew then had a call from my grandson's work training school to come pick him up. We had just dropped him off this am. He stays there from Mon. to Thurs. but had a stomach problem so now we have to take him to his doc to get a note to go back. He seems to be fine tonight. Eating like a horse. Anyway finally got home took a short nap and another phone call to go back to the ER to pick up friend to take her home. Of course she was starving so we had to stop get her something to eat. No way was she going to a drive thru had to go in. Now she was in her sleeping clothes and hospital socks. But in we went into SubWay. Then got home to go with DH to take dinner (we had bought) to another couple that he had just came home after surgery. Came home after that put my pj's on looked at the new quilt magazine and I'm going to bed. All this while on antibotics for sinus infection and very sick the past few days. I told my DH it must be a full moon. He laughs at me when I say that but he looked outside tonight and said you are right it is a full moon. ha Have a great evening everyone. Enjoy this full moon but don't answer your door or phone. ha Joyce
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,021
Points 34,925
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:29 PM

Wow, Joyce, what a day! I think I would have gone to bed also! .... Here's to better tomorrows!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,575
Jacy replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 10:26 AM

My HST's are finished, both groups. Now to get to the post office!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,489
Points 41,355
Mimi replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 11:47 AM

Roxana - Just got home from morning chores one of which was mailing my HST's.  Tracking number is 9114901075742854448490.  Receipt says it should get to you by Thursday. 

Thanks for running the swap.  I wished I had done both of the swaps because I found a wonderful pattern in Kim Diehl's book, Simple Charm on pages 24 - 29 called "Happy Go Lucky."  It uses 4 1/2 in blocks but I'm going to use the 5 1/2 in blocks instead.  It's a really easy pattern.  Just pinwheel block and then plain block, alternating rows.    Should be very quick to complete.  Gonna cut my 5 1/2 blocks today and wait to see the wonderful surprises I get in Sept.  Thanks again.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 1:50 PM

Mimi, Happy Go Lucky could be great for our HSTs!  Kim Diehl has another interesting HST design called Sweet Autumn.  Maybe our HSTs are too small for that one.

Happy Go Lucky

Sweet Autumn

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 2:44 PM

Roxana I finally finished my hst's.  I will get them in the mail tomorrow.  Need to search for your address.  I had the instructions printed but didn't print your address. Sure be a relief when I get them in the mail and hear that you have them. ha

Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,489
Points 41,355
Mimi replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 3:13 PM

MNnancy:
Mimi, Happy Go Lucky could be great for our HSTs!

Thanks Nancy.  I'm making it for our bed so it's gonna be a big one.  But I'm going to make it 15 blocks by 17 blocks and then add the HST border.  That makes a quilt 85 x 95 including  the border using our pinwheel 5 inch finished blocks.  Sew I need 132 pinwheel blocks and 127 of the plain blocks.  That's why I wish I had joined both of the swaps.  Now I have to come up with about 50 more pinwheel blocks.  But I think my stash can handle it.  LOL  Sweet Autumn is great too.

Page 19 of 26 (386 items) «Prev1718192021Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use