HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

rated by 0 users
This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:08 PM

I'm shop-hopping this week so that's another delay in getting these finished, but I have no fear of not making the deadline!  (...did I use that double negative correctly?)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,736
Points 30,145
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:49 PM

MNnancy:

... I have no fear of not making the deadline!  .... (...did I use that double negative correctly?)

I guess it was correct if you aren't afraid of missing the deadline since that's what you said... BUT if you meant to say you aren't afraid of MAKING the deadline, then that's not what you said. Shall I go on? LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,736
Points 30,145
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 4:17 PM

ATTENTION ALL HST SWAPPERS: Make sure that you have squared up each HST square to 3". By now, I'm certain that you have read the PAGES section of the Fabric Groups swap but if you haven't please do. Anyone with a question, please PM me. I'll be sending back to you any that don't meet the standard to redo. My son is here today but when he leaves tomorrow, i'll start going through what I have. Thanks so much!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:21 PM

Thanks for the grammar help, Roxana!  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,736
Points 30,145
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:43 PM

MNnancy:

Thanks for the grammar help, Roxana!  :-)

Thanks, Nancy, for the smile! After the day I've had, I needed that! Seriously! Your thank you made me smile. I just love my QCA friends!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 7:38 AM

Roxana, I saw you on Facebook.  Is that a new job you've landed at a quilt shop???  That would be a dream job for me!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,736
Points 30,145
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 10:26 AM

MNnancy:

Roxana, I saw you on Facebook.  Is that a new job you've landed at a quilt shop???  That would be a dream job for me!

Yes, it is. I am so excited about it. I'll mainly be working on embroidery and teaching machine embroidery but's it fun all the same. It's a dream job for me also! ... I'll only be working, part, part-time! LOL ....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 11:38 AM

Arrgh, frustrations!  Made it to the post office this morning before their 10 a.m. closing.  I tried stuffing my two packages of HSTs in the cardboard legal flat rate envelope, but they wouldn't fit.  So then I asked for the tyvec envelopes that have more give but must be weighed.  After the clerk weighed it, I asked her to stamp the second envelope with the same weight, and that's when she said that because it is over 15 oz, Roxana would have to have it validated at her local post office, and then I understood why these are a problem for someone without a post office.  So now I'm ordering those prepaid envelopes that you all have been talking about, but I think that's going to be the same cardboard envelope I tried without success when I was downtown.  Can you really fit 500+ HSTs in baggies in those envelopes???  Will the post office mind if I reinforce the envelope with all kinds of tape?

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,680
Points 65,855
Bonita replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 1:46 PM

Nancy, I managed to stuff my 2 sets in the legal one. But you need to press as much air out of them as possible and kind of layer them. As long as you can get the envelope closed you can then use tape. I did and they took it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 1:49 PM

Nancy, I don't know about others but when my postal worker told me she wasn't allowed to help me by putting tape on the regular $5.60 package I was a bit miffed.  She said her post master wouldn't allow it as those cardboard mailers are for documents only.  Well I know I've received many of them with tape on them from fabric selling sites and I took it home and put tape on it also.  I took it to a different PO and they didn't say a thing.  The only stipulation is that the stamp area has to be un-taped so they can cancel it and that the fold at the top before you seal it is sharp.  I only get the free ones at the PO now and buy $5.60 stamps to use.  But now that I think about it maybe 500+ three in squares in baggies was a bit much for one envelope.......

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:32 PM

Thanks for the feedback Bonita and Mimi.  As soon as the prepaid envelopes get here, I'll try stuffing them again.  Roxana, hopefully you'll have my HSTs within a week.  Good luck getting everyone's packages back out!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,736
Points 30,145
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:47 PM

I know it will be tough on some of the envelopes because the are too small but I will do my best. Luckily, I'll just be able to drop them at our small town post office and not have to worry about the big city ones! I know from others not to tape over the stamps. We'll see how it goes!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 557
Points 8,780
Joyce replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 9:54 PM

I have my prepaid envelopes I didn't get the cardboard ones because I thought they would be too small.  I think they are the white paper ones.  I better check. 

I'm half way thru my HST's they are cut, pressed & measured and remeasured.  I have the hang of it now.  I have tried the triangulations paper and the drawing the lines on.  I think I prefer the papers.  Both ways have pros and cons.  I don't mind tearing the papers I just sit down find a show on the telly and watch & rip.  I find I'm actually enjoying making them.  I'm tired of this fabric so next I start my 2nd colors.  Took them to quilting the other night and the ladies there liked the fabric I had picked and also confirmed that I'm cutting the fabric correctly.  I don't think it will take me too long to get this 2nd half finished.  In fact I already have a start on part of them.  Can't wait to see what everyone else has.

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 9:20 AM

Roxana:
Luckily, I'll just be able to drop them at our small town post office

Are you saying that I could use the Tyvec envelope/bag and you could have the postage verified at your small town post office?  I think I'd rather do that even if it costs a little more than to use these flat cardboard envelopes.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,736
Points 30,145
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 10:11 AM

MNnancy:

Roxana:
Luckily, I'll just be able to drop them at our small town post office

Are you saying that I could use the Tyvec envelope/bag and you could have the postage verified at your small town post office?  I think I'd rather do that even if it costs a little more than to use these flat cardboard envelopes.

Yes, Nancy, I don't mind at all.

Page 17 of 26 (386 items) «Prev1516171819Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use