rated by 0 users
This post has 350 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,390
Points 23,155
Debbie replied on Sun, May 26 2013 7:50 AM

Caryl Anne:
Here is what you do; go to the second post and click on 'more' it shows edit. Click on that and delete it then go to the third one and do the same.. lol (or do we just delete all the words? Humm got to remember that one)

Carly Anne -  I thought that also and tried to do that yesterday when mine posted 3 times but I didn't see delete so I'm thinking you delete the words.  Have to go back and look ad see if it just left 2 now.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,390
Points 23,155
Debbie replied on Sun, May 26 2013 8:03 AM

Struggled with quilting my table topper last night, so decided to try and make pillowcases. Grabbed some material from my meager stash and after rewatching the tutorial again, I made these 2.  These are fun.  Had to frog one and resew first seam because I missed the body.  Did you know its impossible to stuff the fan fold back in, LOL! So, I am very happy with my first pillowcases and ready for this swap except for going shopping.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,390
Points 23,155
Debbie replied on Sun, May 26 2013 8:08 AM

so, back to my question earlier - so, 9" x WOF on one is the  27" x WOF on the other - is that okay?  can you tel what I mean by my pillowcases?  the light red is 9" x WOF on one and then the body on the other.  is that a set or do they have to be identical?  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hi Debbie I make the sets for Mother that way, She has a dorm twin bed at the NH & she stacks her pillows to sleep. 
 I just buy 1 yard of two coordinates as you did your set above. Then when I cut off the 9” for the band, I have another body. Also it makes perfect since to do this for gifting / selling just one child/teen pillow case.I’m going to step up and say that we should be making them identical for the exchange. However, Karen did say it was our choice to do whatever we wanted for the second set.. lol
Don’t want anyone to get upset with me, that is just my opinion.

PS didn't you find this an easy break up you sewing day project,  like instant gratification finishing a project in an hour or so.

PPS I did look about the delete post and I don't see a delete button, you are right I guess we just delete the message and not click the post button?. Wish Barbara or someone else would step in and say how that is done for the multiple posts. lol

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, May 26 2013 9:47 AM

I hope we are not changing to identical because I already got my fabric..coordinates but not identical.  Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend.  Our weather could not be more perfect..75 degrees and no humidity!!

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,302
Points 18,175
Erin replied on Sun, May 26 2013 9:49 AM

Good job on the pillow cases Debbie.   Like  Caryl Anne, this is how I make sets for Cupcake too but I believe the idea for this swap is a set of 2 identical cases. I already have my fabric and whoever gets mine will be getting 2 identical ones!  

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Sun, May 26 2013 10:54 AM

I had requested to be added earlier. Please add me for the 2 sets. 

Is there a list somewhere I'm missing to check to be sure I'm there? Did you get my PM I sent you Karen?

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, May 27 2013 8:07 AM

basketbear:

Thank you Erin & Barbara!

Your instructions were very clear and easy to understand...thanks for your help!

your welcome , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

Hello Karen,

I just made my first set of pillowcases with the method you posted.  OMG!  I can't believe how easy it is!  Is it too late to be included in the 2 set swap instead of the 1 set swap?   I am so excited about this method, I am going to look for a charity or two to sew for.  They go together so quickly, I could fill a shopping bag in no time at all!   Please let me know if you were able to 'switch' groups for me.

Thank You!

Regina

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, May 27 2013 8:11 AM

Kathy:

I tried this link and it says the video is unavailable..do you have ant other sites?

Kathy ,I deleted your duplicate post for you ,they should be gone off of all computers .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,390
Points 23,155
Debbie replied on Mon, May 27 2013 11:06 AM

Caryl Anne:
PS didn't you find this an easy break up you sewing day project,  like instant gratification finishing a project in an hour or so.

Caryl Anne - how true.  got 6 tops finished and not sure how to start on quilting, really need to find a class, so I feel more confident that I'm doing it right.  I'm a visual person and need hands on to feel I'm doing it right.  watching a video just isn't the same as having someone there to tell me I'm doing it right, bounce questions off. 

Well, I signed up for both sets so the Christmas ones will be identical but the others will be like what I just made, unless I decide to make me a set and then they will be identical, depends on what price I pay for the fabric.   

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Mon, May 27 2013 11:10 AM

OK, I'm a little confused on how to do the seams.  I always just use my serger on the seams of the ones that I have made. 

Karen, how do you want the seams done for the swap?

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Hi Regina,

Yes, got your message.  I was out of town for the Holiday so I am thankful that I have friends that cover me with questions.  Thanks to all of you who jumped in.  You guys are the greatest.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Phyllis,

The instructions are really easy to do.  Go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=-j06WzmN7KI

It is so easy and so much fun. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Regina,

You can still get in for 2 sets or you can do both the 1set and the 2 sets.  Let me know what you want to do.  The one set has to be the Christmas fabric.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl.

• Post Points: 35
Page 4 of 24 (351 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use