PILLOWCASE EXCHANGE: Hostess Karen.

rated by 0 users
This post has 350 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Wow!  I need to hang out on the swaps groups more often.  I am VERY impressed with the pillowcases I'm seeing, as well as the video posted on the first page.  I've decided to make a couple and have a question.  What size do the dimensions given in the post after the video end up being?  Since I'll be making these as gifts, I would like to make them queen or king sized depending on who I'll be giving them to. 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 11:19 AM

Brigit, I didn't measure ,but I'd say the ones I made were for a standard  size pillow .so I'd think you could just add a few inches to the original  pattern and it should work fine as long as you do all the parts the same size . 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,340
Erin replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 12:49 PM

Yes, keep the cuff and the accent piece the same size and add a few inches to the body.  

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 12:56 PM

WOW..2 of my favorite fabrics, Kaffe Fasett and Laurel Birch...lucky girl!

Kathy

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,732
Points 29,990
Roxana replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 1:40 PM

Brigit-Carol:

Wow!  I need to hang out on the swaps groups more often.  I am VERY impressed with the pillowcases I'm seeing, as well as the video posted on the first page.  I've decided to make a couple and have a question.  What size do the dimensions given in the post after the video end up being?  Since I'll be making these as gifts, I would like to make them queen or king sized depending on who I'll be giving them to. 

Brigit-Carol, if you will look on page 2 of this thread and go down to the 7th post, it's by CarylAnne. In the post, she gives the sizes for a queen pillowcase and for a king pillowcase. I've found that information very helpful! 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,732
Points 29,990
Roxana replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 1:40 PM

Kathy:

WOW..2 of my favorite fabrics, Kaffe Fasett and Laurel Birch...lucky girl!

Thanks, Kathy. I loved making them for Regina!

Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 750
vynnp replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 4:44 PM

My cases from Barbara. She was worried because they were different, but I think it's kind of cool. I love them.

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,732
Points 29,990
Roxana replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 5:02 PM

Thanks for posting the picture. I love the way Barbara coordinated them! What fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:44 PM

I'm so happy you liked them I was so upset when I didn't have enough fabric to make them the same .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 539
Points 8,495
Joyce replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 1:47 PM

Barbara these are very nice, you did a great job. 

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 539
Points 8,495
Joyce replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 2:08 PM

I finally finished both sets of pillow cases.  Will mail out this week.  I sure hope my lady likes them.  I like the one set so much I'm going to do a set for myself. ha 

__________________  be on the lookout you will have the mail man knocking at your door soon. 

Joyce

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 7:11 PM

Barbara, I like your idea of matching fabrics but not identicle.  It's a his/hers set,   No question which is yours and which is his.  You might've started a trend!

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Caryl Anne:

Another bit of information for y’all about sizes. When I make these, I use the 9” band and the 27” body with piping as Judy does a 1.75”-2” strip or a jelly roll if I have a coordinating fabric. I buy one yard of two fabrics for Mother so she can have a bit of color on both pillows, ie   9”= 27”+ = one yard. by the time you do the French seam your case should fit a  standard pillow even a very fluffy one. For Kings I use 34” for the base they fit our pillows well. If you have large pillows measure the length of the pillow around, divide it in half, add 2” for the base, and fill space. This is for self-use; in the exchange, we are using the above measurements. For customizing or gifts if you know the party uses Kings then you can use the larger base, the band stays consistent. I have made dozens of these using this method they always turn out beautiful and we love having extra cases. I have 5 pillows I use on my bed as one is for knees and two stacked for my hands (arthritis and fibromyalgia pains are devastating when you are trying to sleep). Using this formula you can even make some body pillow cases and save a few bucks.. lol Gift your grand with a nice flannel set for cold nights, once you start making these cases you can get addicted and what a stash burner.  This is a new queen pillow extra fluff for (DH) back sleepers it needs a 29-31” base.  this was back on page 2 or 3 thought Id repost it for the member who wanted information about sizing.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Roxana:

Brigit-Carol, if you will look on page 2 of this thread and go down to the 7th post, it's by CarylAnne. In the post, she gives the sizes for a queen pillowcase and for a king pillowcase. I've found that information very helpful! 

Thank you -- I missed that post. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 23,125
Susie replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:03 AM

Barbara--Lovely fabric choice!  I also like the coordinating cases.  I am one of those that has so many pillows on my bed that my cases never seem to match.  So, I just decided that I was going to plan on them not matching.  More fun that way, too!

I have my Chirstmas ones done, and the other set is started.  I ran out of bobbin, and had to stop in the middle of a case for my daughter.  I have 4 plus her guitar one that need to be finished up.  Shouldn't take long...once I get my bobbins wound again.  Darn things like to run out without warning at the worst possible time.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 13 of 24 (351 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use