postal info,very important

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Sat, May 18 2013 9:52 AM

I want you all to please read this information provided by Caryl Anne a few months ago this is very important ,You have to have a label or a stamp form the Post office for your packages if they are over 13 oz. this is a homeland security law.  thanks Barbara

Thanks again Caryl Anne for this information .

Good Morning. Another tid bit on postage; kiosk postage is considered to have the 'postal stamp' as well as those printed from your home computer, however, Flat rate boxes and envelopes are accepted in any home shipping or kiosk without the wait in line. For this reason, I preferred to have my swappers send the funds so that I could do the packages' postage.
My printer was offline so in order to post for the swap I went to the kiosk at 8PM, no line.. lol and we are able to print 5 stamps at one time, you are also able to customize the stamps for flat rate.

case in point, two swappers sent in the self stamped envelopes, one sent a flat rate envelope stamped either by the PO clerk or the kiosk, it sent out fine and was received without problems, the second sent a stamped priority mailing envelope, it was returned to me with the message that any stamped package has to be handed to a postal clerk.
As printed in the January 2010 final report from the USPS updates

I never researched the 13 oz rule, so I did after seeing Barbara’s post.. For those who use home office or stamps dot com, & have not read the ‘rule’ you can read it all here

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use