rated by 0 users
This post has 114 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,802
Points 67,545
Bonita replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:01 PM

Susie:

How is everyone else coming on their blocks?  Remember that we have plenty of time to get them done, I just wanted to touch base with everyone.

Susie, very sorry for your loss. That hotel sounds good to me. Just kick back and let it all out,no one to hear or comment but you.

I got mine cut out yesterday, hope to get them done this weekend.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,877
Points 32,585
Roxana replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 7:10 PM

Susie, iM so sorry for your loss. Take time for yourself. Know that we are all thinking about you. ... I'm almost finished with my second set of blocks. I hope to mail them before mid-April. 

Take care,

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Susie, and block builders, I had not been following this swap, but I wanted to come in and see the blocks. I did not realize the blocks would be sent in mid-April. I guess I’ll see them soon in the media section? I wanted to show you my blocks that will become a lap quilt for my DH. Can you believe he doesn’t own his own? While I was putting the first blocks together, he was in the sewing room and commented that he liked the fabric choices. Six put together on the bed to show the pattern. I really do like how easy the pattern was; perhaps I can join one with y’all next time you do a block.
Susie, I was sorry to read about the loss of your Mother. I had a long March having Mother in the hospital and now in a nursing facility, as we can no longer control her medical needs. God Bless you and your family.
these are not sewn just layed out, can't decide what borders to use, lots of colors to choose, probably a group of three graduating widths.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Well heck my blocks are wrong, the arm is coming out of the triangle in the wrong direction, maybe I'll only have to change a few... Whew glad I hadn’t put them together. I guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow.. LMAO. sometimes you just can’t see it until it is in print. oh another bit of trivia I found out, The pattern has a second name called Funky Monkey.. lol
BTW I didn't discover this I had a sister quilter from NV, come see the pieces and she was the person who told me..

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 8:02 AM

I have yet to even grab my fabric!  I am soooo far behind on all my projects right now.  I'm still struggling to keep focus for long.  I have spurts where I can get quite a bit done, and then it's like I can't even sew a straight line and give up. 

I'm really glad we have a couple more weeks so that I can pull myself together and catch up on everything.

Your colors are really pretty, Caryl Anne!  Thanks for your thoughts.  Mine are with you as well. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 393
Points 4,935
Kristie replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 8:38 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm still here. I need to get to work on those blocks, but I do have the fabric. The red is from Patrick Lose's Sunstreaks collection- I think it will be striking. I'm looking forward to the color box quilt!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 21,150
Carol W replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 1:04 PM

I've finished my blocks and should have them in the mail by the end of the week.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165

Blocks are complete as well, should be in the mail by end of the week.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:07 PM

I just figured I'd check in with my block progress....so far I'm getting there with little to no trouble. It seems that I have the ability to try to sew without thread on my bobbin...I don't think I can blame that on the pattern or block but I know I am not responsible *giggles*... I blamed DH! I asked him why he used all my bobbin thread and didn't fill it back up. He laughed at me and just said I wanted to see how far you'd get before you figured out you weren't sewing...MEN! I am about half done. I have to agree not too hard and enjoyable if you have thread in your bobbin *giggles*

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:09 PM

Susie...I am sorry to hear about your mother. I hope you get some relax time without all the jumbled activities we call life.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:37 AM

Thanks Rhonnie!  You have quite the hubby!

My PLAN is to get these done this weekend.  We'll see how well that goes, but that's my plan.  There is a Quilting Expo this weekend that I'm going to hit Saturday morning before my daughter goes to work & I have the girls.  I may or may not take them to the park.  It will all depend on the weather.  If it's nice, then I will grab some applique something to take with me.  We'll see how that goes...you know what they say about plans, lol!

Amber--send them on whenever you are ready.  I will hold them until I have them all & then split them out. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,802
Points 67,545
Bonita replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:11 PM

Just to let you know mine are done. Just need to sign them. Monkey wrench is a perfect name for these blocks. LOL Did  a bit of ripping on them.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Tese blocks went so quickly once I got started. So now I shoul be getting them in the mail today. I just loved this swap. Thank you so much for hosting it Susie. You're a gem.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:42 PM

Awesome gang! I can't wait to get started on mine!!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:25 PM

OMG I can believe all my blocks are messed up! I'm thinking DH did it *giggles* he apologized asking to see the blocks he messed up....LOL. I'm thinking when I redo ill pay better attention to placement. All was good with 4 sq blocks then went it wrong from there. 

he offered to take me to LQS I hadn't been to since quilt shop hop I went to 3-4 years ago. Today is the day he said we would go....I was waiting for I have too many appts today. We spend 3-4 days every week at doctors and/or physical therapy....it gets tiring! He woke up announcing we had to get moving so we could get to the LQS today. He knows if chores aren't done I won't do any extra stops. I think this is going to be a great day!

Im wondering what he's up to!

Hope everyone has a great day! 

Page 5 of 8 (115 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use