State Block Swap : Hostess Judy

rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:37 AM

as long as they are on the way, waiting is OK, hope they're not lost...

:(

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070

Unless the person provided you tracking info so you know for sure they are in transit, I'd say if the errant blocks don't arrive by Wednesday, declare the swap ended and mail the ones you have.  I was a hostess on another board one time and the last set of blocks never arrived even though the person kept telling me they would be in the mail "tomorrow".  Tomorrow never came, and we were held up two weeks waiting for something that never was to come. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070

Any update on the errant blocks? 

Brigit-Carol

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Judy,

I can wait.  Just send them all at one time.  I am good with that.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525

Brigit-Carol:

Any update on the errant blocks?

Yes, she's still with us. got an email this morning and she promises they will be in the mail tomorrow (Wednesday).

I really appreciate everyone being patient. I admit that I'm chomping at the bit to get them in the mail so all of you can see them.  And, so I can post pictures of all the blocks. Love them all.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525

Brigit-Carol:
Unless the person provided you tracking info so you know for sure they are in transit, I'd say if the errant blocks don't arrive by Wednesday, declare the swap ended and mail the ones you have.

Brigit-Carol.   I've asked her to provide me with a delivery confirmation number. If they aren't in the mail this week, yes,  I will declare it closed.

I've been willing to give her some slack because sometimes life just happens. In this case I think she just put it off too long and is now scrambling. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 905
Points 16,770

I can wait too.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Judy,

Some things don't happen like we plan.  But, I hope everyone in our group is understanding.  Things just happen sometimes and it can't be helped.  I can't wait to see them either.  It will be like Christmas again.  LOL  But, thank you very much for keeping us all up to date on the information.  I appreciate you and everyone in this group.  Thanks to all of you.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Judy T  you know that I feel the same as Karen.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525

Karen Hollis:
I can't wait to see them either.  It will be like Christmas again.

(sigh).  I was "guaranteed" the blocks would be in the mail today and she'd send me the delivery confirmation number. She's been very nice and apologetic and I really don't want her to have gone to all the work to make the blocks and then miss out.

But, this is the 3rd or 4th time she's promised the blocks would be in the mail "tomorrow".  I'm beginning to wonder if there is any real intent to actually send them.

As much as I want to wait, I really don't think it's fair to everyone else. I'm hesitant to put an absolute deadline on this but I think it's gone on long enough. The blocks will be in the mail to everyone next week. I'll let you all know the day I take them to the post office.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525

Great news! The final blocks are in the mail! 

That'll teach me to be more patient! LOL.

I'll have everything ready to put in the mail the day after they arrive. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 6:10 AM

Judy, that is good news. I'm ready to see all the blocks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,836
Points 366,177
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 7:46 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Great news! The final blocks are in the mail! 

Woo Hoo!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525

Last set for Colorado, according the the USPS, is arriving on Monday and I can't wait to see them! Today I'm separating the blocks into piles for mailing. 

Although I've already peeked at the blocks and taken photos, now that I'm laying them out I'm just overwhelmed. Thank you all for including something about your block/state. All are wonderful and you will enjoy reading them as much as I have. One in particular came from Melody. I'm not posting photos yet but I have to share what she wrote. The woman is a poet. I've read it over and over again. It just makes me brim over.

I was born and raised, with the help of OK. & TX., in the Sunflower State.  Now I reside in Mo.  The interesting thing about these two places is in 1859, some of the bloodiest battles were raging between Free Slavers and Bushwhackers.  Mo. was Southern, Neb. Northern. Both wanted Kansas on their side.  The term Bloody Kansas came from this terrible time in history. Kansas became the 34th state to be entered into the Union on January 29, 1859.Today, our fields will soon be bright yellow with thousands of sunflower blooming, waiting to be harvest.  This winter the snow will blow across those same fields planted with winter wheat.  From the air, the ground is a wide display of hundreds of quilts; no two alike.  This is my Kansas.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Judy,

thank you for being so nice.  BUT, my Dear, your patients are one of your virtues.  Had Colorado's future been left up to many of us there simply would have been no Rocky Mt State block.  Sorry to say we have become too impatient.  What I can take away from this swap is a gorgeous one of a kind quilt, and patients from one Lady who gave another, every opportunity she could........and it paid off.

Thank you

MelodyP

Page 19 of 23 (334 items) «Prev1718192021Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use