State Block Swap : Hostess Judy

rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

This is so typical of me. I changed my blocks. It's my hubby's fault. He was online and came across an interesting bit of Washington history that has been forgotten about. He said, "You should have done that for your blocks".  So that's what I'm doing and I absolutely love it. I hope the rest of you will like it.

By the way, love the stories that are coming in with your blocks. Fascinating.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

OOOPPPSSS!  I did not send a thingy about my state.  What should I do?

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Melody, why don't you just PM me something about your block. That would be fine.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

I think I will/  do it in the morning,  tx

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Judy T-Bellingham:

This is so typical of me. I changed my blocks.

By the way, love the stories that are coming in with your blocks. Fascinating.

Join the club!  I changed mine three times before finally going with the simpler one.  The first was going to be a paper pieced 5 pointed star.  Sounds simple, doesn't it?  NOT!  I'd never paper pieced before and hadn't realised the learning curve, especially when I was trying to change the size of the block.  I hope my package arrived OK -- it should have been delivered yesterday.   I also ended up writing quite an epistle about the block and Texas.  Hope I didn't go overboard. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Brigit-Carol:
I hope my package arrived OK -- it should have been delivered yesterday. 

It did arrive Brigit-Carol. I loved the blocks. I posted that I'd received it but think I did it in the main forum by mistake.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Soooooo excited about the state blocks!  Looking forward to this!

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

It's possible we'll have only 10 people. There are two unaccounted for, Merry for Minnesota and Jen(Palorama) for Colorodo. Both verified with me late in May but I haven't been able to connect with either of them since. What I'll do is wait until next Monday. If no word then I'm sending out the blocks on Tuesday the 16th.  I have an extra set of 10 blocks. I changed my mind and made an additional 12 different blocks. So what I'm going to do is send back your extras plus you'll get two from the State of Washington. Totally different  themes.

I'm still playing around with a quilt design but I'm pretty sure I'm going to free motion state names in the sashings. I may also scan and print the written blurbs about each one and include on the backs. For that reason I think I may do a quilt as you go. We'll see. As often as I change my mind who knows what this will look like in the end. Chances are I may bring it to the Oregon retreat for inspiration and help.

Ladies, you are so awesome for getting these blocks to me.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

That is kind of you, but we can still hope the ones who are missing will show up.  

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Brigit-Carol:

That is kind of you, but we can still hope the ones who are missing will show up.  

I hope so too Brigit-Carol. I'd really love to have the Colorado and Minnesota blocks. One was a brand new member of QCA so it's possible the task was larger than she had realized. The other one does have computer issues and isn't on very often. I will continue to try to contact them both via email.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Judy T, you are so precious to go that extra mile and they may still come through.  I had already thought that when I got the blocks back how ever many were missing I would make states like Missouri, and Oklahoma to fill in.  So it is sad that they will be missing out but it's not that big of a deal. 

I'm REALLY excited about the challenge that lies ahead with this quilt! Would the written stories be something that could be transferred to material like t-shirt quilts?  If so it msy be cool to fit that on the reverse side of each block and do the quilt as you go technique and the sash have the words to This Is My Country.  Just brainstorming.  It may sound too cheeky.  lol

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

MelodyP MO/KS:
ould the written stories be something that could be transferred to material like t-shirt quilts? 

I would probably scan and print on the printable fabric. I like your idea of sewing in the words to a patriotic song.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Melody, I'd also thought of doing a few more state blocks to fill in, even before the possibility of "no-shows".  I've lived in Oklahoma, Virginia, Georgia and New Jersey, so those might be possibilities for me. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 9:01 AM

Melody and Brigit-Carol, I guess we were all on the same wave length.  I was thinking of the states my DDIL and DSIL came from...North Carolina and Massachusetts.  Also my DGC were born and live in Virginia.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Carol,  Wow I am impressed at the states you could add.  I forgot Ark. as well.  Like you it would be more personal.  I'm a Midwestern Gal so I was hoping to have more people sign up on both coasts.  Anyway, I'm still excited about it.

If you go ahead and add those states you'll have a nice size throw!  Can't wait to see that.

MelodyP

Page 15 of 23 (334 items) «Prev1314151617Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use