Points 364,762
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 6:08 PM

My blocks are on the way Judy.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 656
Points 16,605

I'm finally ready to mail!  Never thought it would take me this long.  Just too many choices with a state the size of Texas.  I've PMed Judy for her addy and they will be in tomorrow's mail.  I can't wait to see everyone's creations. 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,601
Points 119,180

Brigit-Carol:

I'm finally ready to mail!  Never thought it would take me this long.  Just too many choices with a state the size of Texas.  I've PMed Judy for her addy and they will be in tomorrow's mail.  I can't wait to see everyone's creations.

Whoo Hoo, the great state of Texas blocks!  

I've sent you a PM with my address.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

HEY ALL YOU STATE SWAPPERS!!!! Has anyone come up with ideas on how they would like to put them into a quilt?  Judy, you have such wonderful ideas when constructing blocks.  Got any words of wisdom?  I'm getting excited!

MelodyP

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,601
Points 119,180

MelodyP MO/KS:

HEY ALL YOU STATE SWAPPERS!!!! Has anyone come up with ideas on how they would like to put them into a quilt?  Judy, you have such wonderful ideas when constructing blocks.  Got any words of wisdom?  I'm getting excited!

Wisdom? Ha! Hardly Melody. I have been playing around with a layout for the blocks with the idea of having offsetting blocks. For example, the blocks are 14x14 finished. I'd add a 2-3" strip (like sashing) to various sides of each block where I can free motion (or embroider) the name of the state. Arrange them so they aren't lined up, rather offset from each other. Since these are states and our states are not in perfect rows, I'd kind of thought I'd like the blocks on my quilt to be a bit helter skelter..

I'm playing with EQ7 but haven't come up with something concrete yet. Mostly just in my head. 

So far 7 have sent their blocks. Three of them are still enroute but should receive them any day.

Those I've received

Judy T (me) - Washington
Bonita - Florida
Annie - California
Patricia - Oklahoma

Enroute:

Kris - Maine
Melody - Kanasas
Brigit-Carol - Texas

A work in progress. You folks have until July 8th to get them in the mail, so no pressure here. 

Mimi, Pennsylvanai
Merry - Minnesota
Karen H - Texas
Frannye - Maryland
Jen (Palarama) - Colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Judy, I was thinking along those same lines, except blocks of fabric .  I have seen quilts you have set together off center and I really did like them.  Maybe I could put the silhouette of the each stat on the blank blocks.  It's fun to work on, isn't it.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,601
Points 119,180

MelodyP MO/KS:
Maybe I could put the silhouette of the each stat on the blank blocks.  It's fun to work on, isn't it.

Melody that is a fantastic idea.  You rock!  I am so excited to have all blocks and make a quilt out of these. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,733
Points 364,762
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:02 PM

I'm waiting to get the blocks before I decide. Sometimes they tell me what they want. I just hope they don't end up waiting like my birthday blocks and blocks from retreats.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,601
Points 119,180

Two more squishies have arrived from Kris and Melody. Ladies, I peeked at the packets I've received so far  You guys are going to be so excited to get the blocks. They are really gorgeous!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Kris

Kris:
Sometimes they tell me what they want. I just hope they don't end up waiting like my birthday blocks and blocks from retreats.

I know what you mean, I have sooooo many unfinished quilt tops that it's pitiful.  I can't help it.  New things come along and i JUST HAVE TO DO IT

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,601
Points 119,180

MelodyP MO/KS:
I know what you mean, I have sooooo many unfinished quilt tops that it's pitiful.  I can't help it.  New things come along and i JUST HAVE TO DO IT

Perhaps this should be classified as an illness? Do we need intervention? We need a name. Quilters Uncontrollable Fabric Passion Syndrome. (QUFPS)

Our goal....to buy more fabric, make more quilt tops and never never get our stash under control.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 7:26 AM

Judy ,I like it , you should put a patent on the  name  LOL   start a new  treatment center for it ..LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Judy T-Bellingham:

Perhaps this should be classified as an illness? Do we need intervention? We need a name. Quilters Uncontrollable Fabric Passion Syndrome. (QUFPS)

Our goal....to buy more fabric, make more quilt tops and never never get our stash under control.

This sounds serious..........................shhhhhhh someone may try and find a cure!!!!!!  I don't want to be cured do you!/!?!?!?

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Oh, Judy, that is funny.  I will have to come up with a diagnosis code for this problem.  After all, I am a medical coder.  LOL  I don't think I want to be cured either.  LOL

My State Blocks (Texas) will be in the mail to you tomorrow first thing.  I love the way they turned out.  I have had so many compliments on them.  Just letting you know they will be on the way to Washington in the morning and to be looking for them.  Thank you.  This was so much fun.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,601
Points 119,180

Karen Hollis:
My State Blocks (Texas) will be in the mail to you tomorrow first thing.  I love the way they turned out. 

Can't wait to see them Karen. What is going to be so much fun with this quilt is that it will represent all corners of the USA and across the country. A really terrific cross section.

Page 14 of 23 (334 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use