State Block Swap : Hostess Judy

rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,397
Points 115,540

MelodyP MO/KS:

Received fabric today, have a revised plan, tomorrow I start sewing like a crazy person.  There will be no guessing what my state is.

Go for it Melody! I'm picturing you at your machine, head down, threads flying, machine smoking. LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,397
Points 115,540

Here's a list of those who are participating in the State Block Swap. There is still a bit over a month before the blocks need to be in the mail. The only person on the list who hasn't responded to any postings is Jen (PalaRama) from Colorado. I've PM'd her but haven't gotten heard back from her. I'm going to post this in the general area also. 

Jen, if you see this, I would love to hear from you and be sure you're still on board.

When your blocks are done, you are welcome to send them to me anytime between now and the July 8th deadline. Just PM me and I'll get you my address.

Judy T - Washington State

Melody - Kansas

Brigit - Texasd

Mimi - Pennsylvania

Merry - Minnesota

Bonita - Florida

Karen H - Texas

Frannye- Maryland

Kris - Maine

Jen (PalaRama) - Colorado

Annie - California

Patricia - Oklahoma (packet received)

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 510

judy i am still on board no internet other than phone which doent allow email here very easypalma rama jen

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,397
Points 115,540

PalmaRama:

judy i am still on board no internet other than phone which doent allow email here very easypalma rama jen

Great Jen. Thanks for getting back to me. I'll PM you my email address so it's easier for you to keep in touch.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:49 PM

My progress is terribly slow with my hectic life right now. I only managed 15 minutes of sewing this weekend. I will get them done though.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:06 AM

Kris:
My progress is terribly slow with my hectic life right now

Kris, is school over?  When will you be going home for a visit?  I know it's this month but wondered when.  Please give the family my love and thank them for me, for you.  Love you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 11:50 AM

Marie,

classes will be done next week. We go home on the 28th. 

Marie:
Please give the family my love and thank them for me, for you.  Love you.  (((((HUGS)))))

You're so sweet. I love you too.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 16,575

I'm still around. Have about half the blocks done and the other half cut out.  I'll be on holiday from Thursday until Monday June 17th, but will get them done and in the mail no later than June 30th so they get there in plenty of time.  Our LQS closed down the end of May and I helped out some in the last couple of hectic weeks.  You wouldn't believe how many people travelled to our little town to get 40% - 50% off fabric!  Some came as far away as Austin and San Antonio (3-4 hour drives).  BUT as a reward for helping them out, last Saturday I was allowed in to pick 10 end of bolts fabric for free -- I snagged about 35-40 yards of fabric!  Of course I'd already purchased about $200.00 worth when they dropped to 50% off.  I was also given a bunch of fat quarters that were left.  So I have been in fabric  heaven, but busy enough the last two weeks that I didn't work on the State blocks. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,397
Points 115,540

Brigit, wow, all that fabric. How exciting. I would have been like a kid in a candy store. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:35 AM

YIKES!  I'm in but haven't done anything but create the design, I guess that is the hardest part.

I must confess, I've been bitten by the knitting bug and have had a very hard time splitting my time between the 2.  I used to be an avid reader and now haven't picked up a book in months.

Any advice out there as to how to manage time to be able to make time for all these wonderful hobbies??

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,397
Points 115,540

Annie:

YIKES!  I'm in but haven't done anything but create the design, I guess that is the hardest part........Any advice out there as to how to manage time to be able to make time for all these wonderful hobbies??

Annie, I'd love to know the answer to that!  Time management is my downfall as I'm so easily distracted by something else that catches my eye or interest.

You still have a little over 3 weeks. Just send me a PM when you're ready to mail and I'll get you my address.

Happy quilting --and knitting :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 1:38 PM

Thanks, Judy!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,644
Points 65,420
Bonita replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 3:24 PM

Judy, just to let you know my blocks are on the way. Mailed them yesterday,PO said they should be there tomorrow (Sat) if not by Monday. I'll send you the tracking # if you don't get them by then. They were fun to do and I hope you all don't think they're to corney. lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,397
Points 115,540

Bonita:
Judy, just to let you know my blocks are on the way.

Yay Bonita.  It will be harder and harder to resist opening these packets as I get more of them. I swear they are calling my name in the middle of the night!  

Ladies, put me out of my misery and get me those packets!  Actually, you have until July 8th to mail them. I'll survive.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:46 PM

Annie,

I've gotten the knitting bug as well. When I have a free day I set a timer and spend and hour or so on each activity. It's also good to know what you're going to work on ahead of time so you don't waste time trying to decide in the moment.

All my blocks aren't done but I'll be able to have them done before I go on holiday.

Page 12 of 23 (334 items) «Prev1011121314Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use