SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Sun, Apr 20 2014 11:33 AM | Locked

Two years ago I hosted a patriotic fat quarter swap.  Since I'm using all I have left of that for patriotic block swap, we need to another patriotic fat quarter swap!  I have used that fabric for so many great projects!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Sun, Apr 20 2014 2:01 PM | Locked

Phyllis:

Two years ago I hosted a patriotic fat quarter swap.  Since I'm using all I have left of that for patriotic block swap, we need to another patriotic fat quarter swap!  I have used that fabric for so many great projects!

There has been several great ideas here lately. Roxana says we need hostesses for swaps! Any volunteers?

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,660
Carmel replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 4:09 AM | Locked

I will host a swap, I just need some guidance since I've never hosted one before.

Macungie, PA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 5:40 AM | Locked

Thanks, Carmel. Read the Guidelines for hosting a swap on the Pages of the Fabric Swap. Then PM me with any questions. it also helps to read through some of the Introductions still posted in the discussions.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 212
Points 3,395
klaynegrimm replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:58 AM | Locked

Hi  everyone I have been in touch with Roxana and have volunteered to hostess a Seasonal Candle Mat swap. We have the Guidelines ironed out and she will open a page for the swap on this Sunday. I wanted to post a little ahead of time so anyone interested could be watching for it. I know many times we refer people to the pages for the guidelines for swapping but here it goes again. I really am hoping some new quilters will take a chance and sign up for this one. I tried to keep new quilters in mind when I put this together with Roxana's help I think I allowed enough time and with posting this now I hope it gives a little head start for someone to check into how to send a PM and where to find guidelines etc. Plus to get some creative juices started. So if anyone is interested watch for the opening post on Sunday. I hope to have it posted soon after the page is opened.  Thanks and please remember we not only want new quilters to have fun but you all regardless of your quilting ability have a Rookie Hostess. 

Hem up your Blessings sew they won't unravel.

Kerry g

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 11:11 AM | Locked

We have a new group open to all (outside of Fabric Swaps) where people can ask questions and then we can readily find answers. It's called A QUILTING RESOURCE. Please take a minute to check it out. Join the group and let us know what you think! It will only work if we use it to help each other learn more.

There are two threads now in the group called "General Information" and "Binding a Quilt". 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the introduction:

A Quilting Resource

Quilters Helping Quilters: That’s What This Group is About

We know QCA offers excellent Resources already, but we want to keep resources from getting buried within threads where none of us can find them again. One such resource is Top Websites for Quilters on QCA.

What we desire for this group is to be able to share and refer each other to as many written tutorials and “how-to” videos as we can within specific topics for beginning quilters to advanced. Please join the group and use it as we “grow” our own “Quilting Handbook” for reference when we get into a spot or simply want to learn a new technique.

Once a thread has been exhausted, we'll transfer the information to a PAGE in the group for ready access.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 955
Tami Taylor replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 5:38 AM | Locked

I am looking forward to your swap.  Once I see your guide lines and dates I will have a better idea if I can participate.  I just joined a Block Swap on another site, and I want to make sure I have enough time to participate in both before comitting to two sewing swaps. Have a great weekend.

Tami

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 212
Points 3,395
klaynegrimm replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 11:24 AM | Locked

Hi Tami

Thanks for the interest I hope you can take part too I think it is going to be fun.

Hope to hear from you Sunday

Kerry G

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,955
Judi replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 11:35 AM | Locked

What about another pillowcase swap?  Summer picnic colors, flowers, beach..whatever you think of as summer?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 11:50 AM | Locked

Judi:

What about another pillowcase swap?  Summer picnic colors, flowers, beach..whatever you think of as summer?

I'm up for both swaps I love the Candle Mat and Pillowcases!  I love small projects, breaks up the time consuming big quilt projects!   I'm up for either one, or both!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 212
Points 3,395
klaynegrimm replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 11:58 AM | Locked

Thanks for the interest both of you Judi and Candis I hope you both sign up Sunday.  i agree with you Judi pillow cases in summer colors sounds fun too. 

Kerry G

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,340
Erin replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 10:10 AM | Locked

I'd be interested in candle mats and pillow cases both!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 4
Points 65
Claire Currier replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 11:04 AM | Locked

I'd be interested to join a Secret Santa swap, as well as the candle mat swap. 

Claire

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 11:37 AM | Locked

Hi Claire,  Welcome to QCA.  There is a Secret Santa group.  It is under groups and is called Christmas All Year Long.  Thea has it all set up and it is very easy to join.  Hope to see you there.  And I hope to see all your lovely quilty creations too.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 12:43 PM | Locked

I've spent the day cleaning out my sewing room and ran across some fabric that I had bought in Maine. It was very "Maine" specific. I also found some Texas Bluebonnet fabric and that got me to thinking. What if we had a FQ swap or even layer cake swap of fabric that represented our home states? Now, I say that and I know Arkansas doesn't have a specific fabric sold to represent Arkansas but I am sure I could find something that represented my beautiful state. .... No sport team fabric would be included! ... Think about it. We'd need to give everyone (like me) some time to find some fabric but I think it could be a lot of fun.

Let me know your thoughts!

• Post Points: 35
Page 61 of 65 (967 items) «Prev5960616263Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use