SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 9:13 AM | Locked
Judy T & Bev I would love to do a State swap. If we do the block swap a two month time to make the blocks may be considered. Either way I'm in. Would like to see it after the holidays. Okay, I'm getting excited!

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 9:53 AM | Locked
I was wondering if there would be much interest in a Red White and Black Swap?

MelodyP

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

last year we had a RW&Black swap It was FQ and had a great response.

I 'd love to do a State block swap I do think this would be greatly attended. Perhaps a 12 1/2" square block  that most quilters are able construct their perspective blocks ready to piece,  for their projects. I would also suggest that there be a small group limit, and perhaps do two for those who want to make up and receive more. Perhaps two groups of 9 or 12 participants? this size quilt can be easily put together for  a 3x3 or 3x4 with sashing and borders for lap or throw.

I would suggest a 4 to 6 week turn around for those who want to do this. meaning if we sign up we can start our planning and fabric choosing and then start construction even before the closing date of the swap. At least that is how I would proceed to get my blocks done.

Just a suggestion, I like this idea. sign me up if y'all do it.

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 120
tjtruesdale replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 10:45 AM | Locked

I really like this idea! I would prefer to wait till after the holidays. I will keep my eyes open in the mean time for fabric. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:12 AM | Locked

It's exciting there are folks who are interested in a state fabric or block swap. I'm keeping your suggestions. Sometime after the holidays I'll contact Barbara for permission to get one set up. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:52 AM | Locked

Judy just let meknow ,I think it is a fabulous Idea .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:53 AM | Locked

Melody , yeah we did do one of those last year and had a great swap, will keep this one on the list as well. WE are just getting some really good ideas  keep 'em coming 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 2:42 PM | Locked
Caryl Anne, It's easy to tell you were a teacher. lol You have already worked up a lesson plan. lol. That's great!

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 1:37 AM | Locked

I was never a teacher in the since of a school, I have taught quilt top piecing, pillow tops and of course fashion was my beginnings. Planing is everything if we want to have everything done and mailed on time. Over and over I have seen that participants can't seem to get to the post until the day before it was suppose to arrive at it's destination, that is why I have to have a plan of action.

Don't ya just love it!!
I think an after the holidays state block swap is what we will be needing to get us through the dark days of winter.. let's just sew away the blues.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 7:15 AM | Locked

Caryl Anne ,I agree with you it would be a good way to help with the winter blues. I think that is when Judy wants to do this swap. I love it .  and you are very right with the planning .  That is one reason I have started posting the close days on one page so everyone can see them , WE have had some issue in the past with folks forgetting ,and I have to admit I have done the same myself when I get really busy and miss a date. Haven't done that again,as I felt really bad about it ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 6,595
Phyllis replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 10:10 AM | Locked

What is a secret santa gift swap?  Never heard of it but sounds like it culd be fun.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 11:21 AM | Locked
Caryl Anne & Barbara, I love the state bird/flower swap is great. Something to look forward to after the holidays. January can be a depressing month with out a plan of something special to look forward to.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,726
Points 66,520
Bonita replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 3:52 PM | Locked

I too like the idea of a state/bird swap. Orange blossoms anyone?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 4:09 PM | Locked

Phyllis it were the host draws a name and you have this person and you are their Secret Santa , you will also have someone with your name and they do the same for you . You send them gifts for Christmas.  I think this is closed now  ,I know she has given out all the names for members who signed up .  It is really more of a gift exchange .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 5:08 PM | Locked

I love the idea of a State block swap!  A swap I would be interested in seeing here would be an applique (flowers, wreath, leaves, that kind of motif) block swap.  Any other appliquers interested?  Thinking next spring would be a good time for it.

Carol W. in Arkansas

• Post Points: 65
Page 6 of 65 (967 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use