Judi replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 3:56 PM | Locked

Heart beats

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 12,890
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:15 PM | Locked

what we can expect of increased mail on January 26 2014 Highlights of the new single-piece First-Class Mail pricing, effective Jan. 26, 2014 include:

• Letters (1 oz.) — 3-cent increase to 49 cents
  • Letters additional ounces —  1-cent increase to 21 cents
  • Letters to all international destinations (1 oz.) — $1.15
  • Postcards — 1-cent increase to 34 cents

I cannot find any information on postage for our swap envelopes. But I will continue to watch for any mention. I did purchase another 10 forever prepaid F14 envelopes today. I was down to just 2 remaining in my stash. on USPS.com they are available for $5.60 each savings of .25 cents per envelope, and free shipping. I did purchase a roll of 100 forever stamps at the same time and shipping for those online was $1.25.

If anyone finds any info for our envelopes please do share. Thanks. Happy New Year!! 

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 733
Points 13,765
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 8:21 PM | Locked

I enjoyed the pillowcase swap a lot.  Roxana, could you do that one again.  Perhaps using spring colors.  Maybe we can add our favorite spring colors when we sign up?  I'm not sure how it works but it was a lot of fun for me last time.  Since I don't celebrate Christmas, it was such fun making someone else a  Christmas pillowcase and I really love the winter one I received!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:53 AM | Locked

Mimi:

Roxana:
Please look at it and give me some suggestions for a name for the quilt.

Great quilt Roxana.  How about Healthy Hearts are Happy Hearts to use the name of the swap.  Or Healthy Happy Hearts.  Or Healthy Hearts Beat On.  Or Healthy Heart Beats.  Or...well I'm out of ideas right now.  If I have anymore brain storms I'll let you know.  LOL

Those are great ideas. I like "Heart Beats" the best.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 733
Points 13,765
Judi replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 7:46 AM | Locked

Lillie:
How about Healthy Hearts are Happy Hearts to use the name of the swap.  Or Healthy Happy Hearts.  Or Healthy Hearts Beat On.  Or Healthy Heart Beats. 

I really like Healthy Hearts and Happy Hearts  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,413
Points 19,295
Melissa Halpain replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 10:29 AM | Locked

I hope this is the best place to post this so that most people in the swaps can see it. I apologize from the bottom of my heart about being late on several swaps. I have slowing down on my sewing recently (don't know why) so I've really been struggling over the last 2 to 3 months. My fear is that my health is going down again. I was very ill about 4 years ago. My brain doesn't work when I'm that ill. In other words, I've been pretty brain dead over the last 2 to 3 months. Having said all that, this is not a lame excuse, but it is an explanation. Again, I cannot apologize enough for letting everyone down.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 411
Points 7,065
Phyllis replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 4:10 PM | Locked

I'd like to do a pillowcase swap again.  Would also like to repeat the layer cake swap of spring flowers that we did last year.  Layer cakes are more affordable than fat quarters for me.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,202
Points 38,205
Roxana replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:

I hope this is the best place to post this so that most people in the swaps can see it. I apologize from the bottom of my heart about being late on several swaps.  .....  Again, I cannot apologize enough for letting everyone down.

Melissa, FORGIVEN! .... I may have checked out this past month as well when it came to monitoring the boards. We were on the road much of the month so it was difficult to get on to QCA since I can't get on it from my mobile devices. .... I'll accept the blame for the miscommunication between the hostesses and the swap participants, especially with the three swaps that had First-Time hostesses. We all need to be patient with new hostesses. .... I'll be better in the future on monitoring. I promise you all that. Please forgive me for allowing it to get out of hand. .... NOW, let's all move on.

Please don't shy away from hostessing.

This is one of the best groups on the site! I love you all.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,202
Points 38,205
Roxana replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 5:55 PM | Locked

Judi:

Mimi:
How about Healthy Hearts are Happy Hearts to use the name of the swap.  Or Healthy Happy Hearts.  Or Healthy Hearts Beat On.  Or Healthy Heart Beats. 

I really like Healthy Hearts and Happy Hearts  

I had so much fun reading responses on names for my quilt. I think we should make it a regular thread! What does everyone else think?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,202
Points 38,205
Roxana replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 5:57 PM | Locked

Thanks, CaryAnne. I'm going to order the bubble wrap prepaid envelope since I can usually get all in that envelope. .... I'll buy the stamps while there as well.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,202
Points 38,205
Roxana replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:02 PM | Locked

Kathy G:

Happy Holidays Ladies....

I was looking back through some of the posts over the past couple of months and thought I would list some of the fun ideas mentioned in case anybody was thinking about hosting.

Personally, I think all of these would be soooo much fun.  I hope some of you will decide to host one...I am going to try number 2:)

Kathy G

Quilting is cheaper than therapy...and a lot more fun!

Thanks Kathy for the research! Great job!

1.  Calendar blocks- One block  for each month of the year where participants would choose a month and make 12 of that block to swap with11 other participants for a year of calendar blocks.

2.  Color choice block-hostess selects block pattern plus neutral fabric and participants choose 2 colors to complete the block...think crazy scrappy!

3.  Four patch brights

4.  holiday/4 seasons charm swap

5.  mug rugs to be exchanged instead of swapped so we could make 

6. Another pillowcase exchange

7. Fat Quarter or Layer Cake swap .... If we are going with spring fabrics, we need to wait for them to come out in the stores.

If you are interested in hosting, please let me know.

• Post Points: 80
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 329
Points 5,230
klaynegrimm replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 12:53 AM | Locked

I would be interested in a couple of these as long as they aren't going to be fast swaps. Pillow case, four patch

brights mug rugs always fat quaters

Kerry G

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 270
Sarah replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:25 AM | Locked

Im new to this but have done some Tea swaps lol  Would LOVE to be  In Number 1 number 5  and number 7 please let me know! Cant wait!!!

think swapping is one of the best ideas!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,788
Points 30,470
Debbie replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:26 AM | Locked

Roxana:
Another pillowcase exchange

Roxana:
.  mug rugs to be exchanged instead of swapped so we could make

Roxana:
1.  Calendar blocks- One block  for each month of the year where participants would choose a month and make 12 of that block to swap with11 other participants for a year of calendar blocks.

these three would be ones I would participate in it, so let me know.  I'm up for hosting if you need someone.  still have that idea for a swap but haven't thought anymore about how to do it, haveto go back and reread what it was!  LOL!!!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 50 of 65 (967 items) «Prev4849505152Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.