SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 1:27 PM | Locked

I'm not sure how to explain this swap idea. But it's been mumbling around my brain. What about a state swap of fabrics representative of the state or area you live? Maybe it's been done or someone out there has an idea how it could work. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 1:42 PM | Locked

TJ and Judy these are both wonderful ideas . lets keep them open for dicsussion . thanks Ladies.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:13 PM | Locked

Judy

I think the "states" swap is kind of neat.  I know that different regions have different fabrics as well as fabrics with a state flower or bird.  This could be really fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:27 PM | Locked

Nana:

Judy

I think the "states" swap is kind of neat.  I know that different regions have different fabrics as well as fabrics with a state flower or bird.  This could be really fun.

Perhaps something to consider after the holidays if there is enough interest. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:44 AM | Locked

Judy I agree

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 8:15 AM | Locked

there has been some discussion as to doing another snowman block swap ,IF any of you are interested, please let us know ,we just need a volunteer to host the swap .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 386
Points 4,825
Kristie replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:23 AM | Locked

Barbara:

there has been some discussion as to doing another snowman block swap ,IF any of you are interested, please let us know ,we just need a volunteer to host the swap .

I'm interested in being involved in the second snowman block swap.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:30 AM | Locked
I would like to join the Snowman block swap, please. Unfortunately I have too much on my plate to host it.

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:37 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Nana:

Judy

I think this is a great idea!    Are you thinking fabric or block swap? If block, count me in should this become a swap in the future.

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

Bev :

Judy T-Bellingham:

Nana:

Judy

I think this is a great idea!    Are you thinking fabric or block swap? If block, count me in should this become a swap in the future.

Bev, I hadn't thought of blocks which would be an awesome idea. Although wouldn't we need to limit it to fewer participants if it were blocks instead of fabric pieces?  I think, in my mind, it was layer cake size fabrics (or jelly strips?) and each person could attached a note to their fabrics what state or region it represented. I was visualizing making a quilt, hanging or table topper, in sort of a road map motif.  But that could be done with pre-made blocks also.  

I MIGHT be willing to host this. (kind of makes me tremble to think about that). But not until after the holidays. With Barbara's help, maybe I could post a questionnaire in January to see what interest there is and what people would want to do.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 11:42 AM | Locked

I think, in my mind, it was layer cake size fabrics (or jelly strips?) and each person could attached a note to their fabrics what state or region it represented. I was visualizing making a quilt, hanging or table topper, in sort of a road map motif.

I MIGHT be willing to host this. (kind of makes me tremble to think about that). But not until after the holidays. With Barbara's help, maybe I could post a questionnaire in January to see what interest there is and what people would want to do.

Judy,

I just wanted to see what you were thinking and like you ideas. I hope you don't think I see you as the host just because you made this suggestion.This thread is for swap ideas and I am sure (I hope) that if we suggest something it does not mean a commitment to be the host. I certainly would like to get my feet wet with a lot more swaps before even thinking about hosting.

Happy quilting

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 2:20 PM | Locked

Ladies if we can get someone to host a 2nd snowman swap we can do it ,I myself can't at this time. so just hang on. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 7:03 AM | Locked

Would there be any intrest in doing a swap with " children  christmas fabric" ,  if so let me know . This will be with  layer cakes . 10 in Squares.  Thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 7:39 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Would there be any intrest in doing a swap with " children  christmas fabric" ,  if so let me know . This will be with  layer cakes . 10 in Squares.  Thanks Barbara

Barbara--I am interested, just have to kind of play it safe for a bit.  Things are uncertain at work, so I may not have th efunds to spend on fabric...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 7:40 AM | Locked

Ok Susie, just keep me posted. Hope things work out at work, I keep you in my T&P .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 5 of 65 (967 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use