rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 6:19 AM | Locked

Judi:

Has anyone thought of a mug mat swap?  It could be kept to groups of 5 or 10 or somewhere between

or how about a four patch swap. It could be made fron m 2 1/2 inch strips. That would make a finished 4 inch square. Those can be used in so many project. You can use 4 different steps. I figure you can get about 16 squares from each set of 4 strips. 

Judi - like the mag mat swap idea! But how about we swap like  the secret santa swap. You create a list and everyone just sends the person below her name or you pair up people. This way we have 1 special mag mat and you just have to make one not a whole buch of them. Just an idea.

Zsofia

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

I like the idea of a mug rug swap, especially with the idea that we are given one person to give to.  A quilted postcard swap might be fun too.  Same idea...

Zsofia:

like the mag mat swap idea! But how about we swap like  the secret santa swap. You create a list and everyone just sends the person below her name or you pair up people. This way we have 1 special mag mat and you just have to make one not a whole buch of them. Just an idea.

Zsofia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 603
Points 11,660
Judi replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 12:35 PM | Locked

I would love to do a BRIGHTs four patch.  Each person should make bags with 10 4 patches that are all different in each bag. We could do this with 10  people. You can use jelly rolls or whatever scraps you have--just keep to bight colors.  Each set does not have to be the same so you can use scraps. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 800
Jeanne Mahlke replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 1:56 PM | Locked

I am interested in this one, if all the 4 patches are the same size. I also really like the one mentioned before that mentioned 16 and were mostly the same colors. Either one, but not until January when life calms down a bit.

Jeanne

Round Rock, TX

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 3,005
Kathy G replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 1:35 PM | Locked

Happy Holidays Ladies....

I was looking back through some of the posts over the past couple of months and thought I would list some of the fun ideas mentioned in case anybody was thinking about hosting.

1.  Calendar blocks-1 for each month of the year where participants would choose a month and make 12 of that block to swap with11 other participants for  year of calendar blocks.

2.  Color choice block-hostess selects block pattern plus neutral fabric and participants choose 2 colors to complete the block...think crazy scrappy!

3.  Four patch brights

4.  holiday/4 seasons charm swap

5. mug mats

Personally, I think all of these would be soooo much fun.  I hope some of you will decide to host one...I am going to try number 2:)

Kathy G

Quilting is cheaper than therapy...and a lot more fun!

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 8:57 PM | Locked

Hello group. I'm am just touching base in this tread for those of y'all who are in the Winter layer cake swap. Just in case for some reason you all didn't see the post about shipping. I am available to receive any of the packages if you want to ship early.

Shipping date is  set for no later that January 4 2014. That is a Saturday so go cut some cake and go ahead and ship .

If you will PLEASE send me a PM telling me you have shipped OR send me a personal message through e-mail I will be on the look out for them. I will send a Private Message to y'all when I get your package, so you need not worry about them. Anyone having a problem should have already contacted me so I am looking for full 20 different packages of 2  fabrics each. Oh and please put your two pieces together for easy sorting. TY 

THANKS SO much for your participation this year. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 603
Points 11,660
Judi replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 2:15 PM | Locked

Has anyone thought about using spring fabric colors?  I used to be part of a group of only 12 and we swapped fat quarters.  we would pick a color and whether it should read solid or small print or floral or whatever and each of us sent 12 FQs and got back 12 FQs.  It was easy and it took only 3 yds of fabric.  It did not matter if they were all the same just if the color, design or whatever fit the swap rules.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 4:43 PM | Locked

I think it's a good idea Judi. We have done FQ swaps on QCA before - either with 12 or 16 participants. Or you could do 2 groups of 12 if there was enough interest. I'd be in for this one.  The last FQ swap I did was paisleys and that was a while back!

Raleigh, NC

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 2:53 AM | Locked

Carolyn, The paisley was a great swap, those fabrics were beautiful. I would love to share FQ's again. 

I am wondering if anyone is interested in doing another pillow case swap? I would love a few new sets for my Mother at the nursing facility. She has enjoyed all three sets I received, of Christmas. Since I din't decorate here this year, I made her bed with different ones all season, she loved them all. It  gave her something new to sleep on every few days. 

I would bee happy to host such a exchange, we could do as before one group of 10/12 doing 2 matching cases/ 2 sets; a Spring and a  non religious Easter fabric.
& and one group of 10/12 doing one matching set in Spring fabric.   .. lol 

Let me know who might be interested. I'll let Roxanne know and we can set it up for the first of FEB, mail in by  March 1st.
First day of Spring is March 20,2014 and Easter Sunday is April 20,2014

& BTW shipping and stamps are going UP again. So go out and buy your forever stamps for your regular mailings, and in the meanwhile I will look into the prepaid postage envelopes. perhaps we will need to stock up before the new postage goes into effect. 

Happy New Years everyone, Be Safe! 

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 3:21 AM | Locked

Good point about the postage going up..... We need to stock up now if we can.

I'm interested in another pillowcase swap of some kind.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 3:33 AM | Locked

Caryl Anne:

Hello group. I'm am just touching base in this tread for those of y'all who are in the Winter layer cake swap. Just in case for some reason you all didn't see the post about shipping. I am available to receive any of the packages if you want to ship early.

Shipping date is  set for no later that January 4 2014. That is a Saturday so go cut some cake and go ahead and ship .

If you will PLEASE send me a PM telling me you have shipped OR send me a personal message through e-mail I will be on the look out for them. I will send a Private Message to y'all when I get your package, so you need not worry about them. Anyone having a problem should have already contacted me so I am looking for full 20 different packages of 2  fabrics each. Oh and please put your two pieces together for easy sorting. TY 

THANKS SO much for your participation this year. 

Just a reminder.... I've copied and pasted a list of participants in the Layer Cake swap. YOU MUST MAIL BY THE END OF THIS WEEK. NO EXCUSES. We have to get back on track with mailing on time. At this point, Carylanne has received only TWO of the sets out of TWENTY.

1. & 2. Carylanne
3. & 4. Roxana  
5. & 6. Kathy G.
7. Melissa H
8. & 9.Kathy Barnhardt 
10. Vyn W.  (vynnp)
11. Beth Mc (emcrorie)  received 
12. Bonita  received
13. & 14. Gail N.
15. Karyn A-Smith
16. Lisa F
17. Phyliss 
18. Mimi 
19. Pat L. 
20. Tami T.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:04 AM | Locked

yes yes Roxana, I have received two sets early, but the mailing deadline is not until this coming Saturday; January 4th all packages should be shipped. I have had PMs from several participants and I have several tracking #'s so we are right on track.

Ty for posting my groups names, I didn't think to do that when I posted about early mailings.  I am sure most are getting emails from this thread. 

Don't forge to send me a Private Message (PM) when you do ship so I will be on the lookout for your lovelies.  I do not anticipate any delays or misplaced packages. I will be home to receive our goods. 

Happy New Year!!!! 

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 10:32 AM | Locked

My HEART SWAP design wall file is located at the following link:

Happy Hearts Block Swap 2013

Please look at it and give me some suggestions for a name for the quilt. I have to write a blurb for the Heart Association Auction booklet so the quilt must be named!! I need all the help I can get as sometimes I;m not creative. The only suggestion I've had is "Warming Hearts" but that was from a non-quilter. The back is a neat fabric too. Here's it's picture:

The strip will be the border and possibly sashing if I have to add it. The other fabric is my backing.

Thanks in advance.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 10:38 AM | Locked

I may be in for a FQ swap...depending on the "theme" of the FQ. 

And I would LOVE to do another pillowcase swap.  I have so much fun making pillowcases!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 11:40 AM | Locked

Roxana:
Please look at it and give me some suggestions for a name for the quilt.

Great quilt Roxana.  How about Healthy Hearts are Happy Hearts to use the name of the swap.  Or Healthy Happy Hearts.  Or Healthy Hearts Beat On.  Or Healthy Heart Beats.  Or...well I'm out of ideas right now.  If I have anymore brain storms I'll let you know.  LOL

Page 49 of 65 (967 items) «Prev4748495051Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use