SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 11:36 PM | Locked

I think that I would like to do a flannel swap.  The solids and plaids sound really neat to me.  I have not done a rag quilt before and this would be a great opportunity.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,258
Points 254,064
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:01 AM | Locked

tjtruesdale:

I really would be interested in doing an I spy swap.  I think it would be a wonderful christmas present.  We could do a kid one or adult.  I found a neat idea for an adult one.  You pick a block that goes along with a phrase.  Like: people who throw stones should not live in glass houses.  The block would be like stones or glasses.  Just an idea and a wish! 

This is very intresting , can you explain it alittle bit more for all of us, I think I uderstand but I kind find it intresting, Thanks  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:47 PM | Locked

Nana:

I think that I would like to do a flannel swap.  The solids and plaids sound really neat to me.  I have not done a rag quilt before and this would be a great opportunity.

I too would like the flannel swap. I want to make a holiday quilt for the grandkids, and it calls for patchwork, thought it would be warmer and more cozy with flannels...  A swp would be a great way to get many.....

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 6:18 AM | Locked

Hello Everyone,

I'm working on the flannel swap this week and will have more info available this weekend. At this point, I am thinking we will swap fabric only, no blocks. That way everyone can make whatever they want. And I'd like to limit the number of participants, possibly 12-15.

Feel free to chime in if you like.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 2,925
Candy replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 12:01 PM | Locked

Lillie:

Hello Everyone,

At this point, I am thinking we will swap fabric only, no blocks. 

So when you say no blocks, are you thinking of FQs?  

Candy in Norborne MO

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,413
Points 19,295
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

Hi Barbara,

This is just an idea I had for a swap. I have 2 new babies coming in October/November. I also noticed on these threads that there are a lot of grandchildren. I have a few children's fabrics, but not many as I probably will never have any grandchildren. I would love to do a children's themed swap. I would love to see all the children's themed fabrics from around the country. I also would love to host a swap; however, I wouldn't be able to host a swap until after October or November or even after the holidays. I just wanted to put the idea out there.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 3:59 PM | Locked

Candy:

Lillie:

Hello Everyone,

At this point, I am thinking we will swap fabric only, no blocks. 

So when you say no blocks, are you thinking of FQs?  

Yes I'm leaning towards FQs or even 1/2 yds. If we do 1/2 yds everyone will get a bit more fabric, but it will also be a bit more expensive. I'm open for discussion on this swap. Nothing is set in stone at this point. Please chime in with your wishes.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 4:16 PM | Locked

I think it would be cool to do a red, white and black block swap. 

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 120
tjtruesdale replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 8:37 PM | Locked

I got this idea from a lady who owned a local quilt shop.  She said she did it about 10 years ao and it was her hottest selling quilt set ever.  It is really cool to give to bed bound people.  You put a pocket on the back of the quilt to put a laminated sheet in.  The sheet contains the phrases.  You then make the blanket with whatever pattern you want.  Here are some examples of other phrases and blocks:

-leaping lizards- a lizzard

-Monkey see, Monkey Do- Monkeys

-Life is like a box of chocolates- chocolates

-Jesus saves- Cross

-Birds of a feather flock together- birds

-you are my sunshine- sun

-Don't judge someone till you walk in their shoes- shoes or footprints

-Green with envy- Something green

Think that we can all have fun with this!!!  Wish I could host it, but its not the right time for me:(

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 10:36 PM | Locked

Melissa

Whenever you are ready to host a swap just let us know.  I think it would be great for you to do a children's theme when you are ready.  We have done these in the past and people seemed to enjoy them.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,258
Points 254,064
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

Hi everyone , I'm back from Retreat ,I just want to let you all know that you are coming up with some really wonderful ideas for swaps and I am loving it . all of you keep up the great work and ideas and discussions are really helpful .. thanks to all of you for making this a fabulous group ..barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,258
Points 254,064
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:44 AM | Locked

TJ, these are some very intresting themes , might be fun to do down  the road. A good topic for all of us to talk aobut . thanks for the info , this was a new theme for me .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,413
Points 19,295
Melissa Halpain replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 8:50 PM | Locked

Hi Barbara,

Another idea for a swap I thought might be cute is a quilting and/or sewing theme. As I was looking at the quilting web sites, I've seen a lot of new sewing themes fabric. Some are cute and some are a little retro. Hey even retro fabric would be kinda of cool. Just a couple of ideas I was tossing around. Hope you had a good time on your retreat.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,258
Points 254,064
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 8:58 PM | Locked

Melissa, thank you and yes I did ,it was so nice to meet Linda and Shelia,Susie and Lori, what fun they all were. I like your idea of a sewing them as well , I think it is a good one. maybe I'll sit down and go thru all the swap ideas and post them in one post for all to see .thanks Melissa and keep 'em coming.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 120
tjtruesdale replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 1:08 PM | Locked

Another Idea, what about a colors of the rainbow swap?  Fabric that is any color in the rainbow can be printed or plain.   I hope we get settled in a house soon so I can host one!

• Post Points: 35
Page 4 of 65 (967 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use