SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 310
Beverly Caldwell replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:17 PM | Locked

Melissa's suggestion of a paisley design is great. I want to be in on this whenever.  Wonderful a Winter swap for January and a paisley swap for hopefully the Spring.

Count me in.

bevcald (Beverly)

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:39 AM | Locked

Hi all , we have been having many successful fabric exchanges and I wanted to just thank all of you who have volunteered to do these swaps .  With out all of you we could not have done these.  But now we are getting close to the busy holiday season, are there any swaps that y'all would like to have now for this that we can do quickly, I can do one and anyone else who is not doing a swap can as well . Please let me know  . thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 6:57 PM | Locked

Barbara -

I would not mind hosting a swap. I was thinking I could host a paisley swap in the early spring, but if everyone would like to go ahead and do it now, I would love to do it now. I'm not real sure how it's done but let me tell you what I think. I let everyone know the dates and amount of people involved by updating on the swap forum and I get a list of everyone that wants to be involved. I PM everyone with my address after that I wait for the packages. When they all arrive, I send them back in the self-addressed stamped envelope that everyone has included. Is that it, or is there something I forgot? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 310
Beverly Caldwell replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 8:07 PM | Locked

I would love to be a part of this swap for paisley fabrics. Count me in and let me know the dates.

bevcald

Beverly

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 8:19 PM | Locked

Melissa ,that is pretty much it . I would advise you to look over some of the other swaps just to get a n idea of how they did it ,there are some good one . When you are ready let me know and I'll open a thread for you .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 8:56 PM | Locked

Is there any way we can post something to find out of more people would like to do this swap before Christmas or after Christmas.  I know people are interested, but I'd kind of like to know when would be the most popular time.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:10 AM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:

Is there any way we can post something to find out of more people would like to do this swap before Christmas or after Christmas.  I know people are interested, but I'd kind of like to know when would be the most popular time.

After the holidays would be better for me.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:30 AM | Locked

Melissa ,this is the best place for that ,as this is where everyone looks for ideas .  I will go with the majority on this . As I'm intrested in this  swap .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 9:00 AM | Locked
Melissa, this paisley swap is one I would really like to do because I LOVE paisleys. Reminds me of huge bell bottom jeans flowers in my hair and naeroo(?)jackets, etc. Groovey! But not before the holidays. I'm feeling the stress already.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:53 AM | Locked
Guys, don't forget the state blocks, too.

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:38 PM | Locked

Melissa, I too am interested in the paisley swap, however as others have stated it would be best for me after the seasons are done. Our Winter Swap will be mailed by January 5 2013 and those dates has been stated from opening swap, so you can start the list for a new swap and have your dates for mailing at any time, ie start one now get signed up and mail in January.
MelodyP,I think the state block swap must be started early and give everyone plenty of time to design their block, So if we want to start the sign up for the State Blocks it would be wise to do that early for those who can commit to a specific month’s delivery. My other thought on the State Block swap is to have no more than 12, preferably 12" finished blocks (12.5”) then we need to get the details worked out and get it listed. I believe I asked to do a Texas block, and I can commit to February or March delivery. I think Mel said she would do the January block from MO/KS??
I plan of being involved in the MQ7 as well, but I will Commit to these two swaps.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:05 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne:

I plan of being involved in the MQ7

What is MQ7?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:11 PM | Locked

Lillie:

Caryl Anne:

I plan of being involved in the MQ7

What is MQ7?

Is that Mystery Quilt 7?

northern colorado

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:55 PM | Locked

yes Lillie, it is the new Mystery Quilt that is going to be posted on November 2 with the fabric requirements. Nana is hosting and she says it is short and sweet, or quick and small..LOL anyway here is a link if you would like to see what has already been talked about.. http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/p/36427/448663.aspx#448663 the MQ7 will have it's own page on 11/02/2012 then the posted block instructions starting on 11/16/2012. you work at your own pace, but believe me when I say you will do the blocks as soon as the instructions are posted, because it is so fun to do a mystery quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

Caryl Anne ,I think Judy T was going to do the State blocks ,but I don't think she is going to post it until the New Year starts.

Mel was going to do a swap but for the life I me I can't remember what it was at this time. A quilting Bee I think but you will have to check with her.

Melissa if you want to go ahead and post the paisley swap so folks can sign up let me know and I will open a thread for you .Its not a problem .

Kristy has been kind enough to lengthen the close time on her swap until  January so we can get more member to work with it .I know several wanted to but the close date was originally to soon.  I really appreciate her doing this for us.

At this time I think that is all the swaps . If anyone wnats to do one  Please just let meknow and we will open a thread for it . It can be a quick ,easy short one as well .

Thanks everyone for making this a fun group . You all are doing a fantastic job,and we have had some great swaps. 

Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 13 of 65 (967 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use