rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:42 AM | Locked

bevcald:

Am new to this group and would love to be part of a FQ swap. How many of you are in the group and when do we start?

Bev

Bev, I'm working on getting the FQ swap. If we get enough interest in it then we can do it. Let's hope, it's so much fun and a great way to de-stash and get new FREE!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:29 AM | Locked

Good morning all, Winter Theme Fabric Swap 10x10  

Barbara, I would very much like to host a winter swap, I am working out the details for this swap. I am inclined to do a 20 participant 10x10 squares for 2 pieces each. A layer cake collection of solids are packaged in 40 pieces so I think 40 is a great # to have in a theme. I would have this swap end the middle of December or when we have 20 participants, & have the fabrics mailed to me on January 5th. This will give all a chance to get past their Christmas or Holiday sewing and be ready to RECEIVE some wonderful winter fabrics.
The dates will not change, even if we get 20 participants early. Everyone will have until 01/05/13 to have their fabrics ready and in the mail.

Here is the math; each participant will need 1.5 yards of two fabrics that are winter themed, NOT HOLIDAY. Any color would be accepted, please no solids. I believe that these guild lines will be doable for many people as the total fabrics needed would be 3 yards. Packaging will be kept to a priority mailing envelope; I will let the participants know what to expect that postage to be.
If anyone would like to be 2 parts to the swap that person would need to send in 4 different fabrics, 2 parts will be the max.
I am sure there will be a good number of people interested in this swap, so let's make it happen. Thank you.

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:38 AM | Locked

Thanks for agreeing to host, Caryl Anne.  I like the swap rules you've posted and I'll participate if there is enough interest to get this one started.

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:02 AM | Locked

Caryl Anne ,I love it, please count me in    You are ready to go the thread is open

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 405
Points 6,895
Phyllis replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

Please count me in.  I do have some questions, though.  Is a 10X10 sometimes called a layer cake?  If so, is there something special you do with layer cakes?  I've seen them, just never knew what to do with them. 

Whatever the answers to the questions above, I still want in!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 45
Tesstruhart replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:52 AM | Locked

I would like to be counted in as well.  I have never done this before, do we cut the fabric up into 10" squares or do we mail the yardage to you?  Sorry, I'm just not clear on what to do.

Tess

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:05 PM | Locked

Teresa,If you are wanting to do a FQ swap just let me know and I will open a thread for you . you will want to looks at some of those That are open or closed to get an idea how to set it up . Just let me know ,we love swaps, so I think its great you want to take part ..Thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 1:47 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne:

Good morning all, Winter Theme Fabric Swap 10x10  

Barbara, I would very much like to host a winter swap, I am working out the details for this swap. I am inclined to do a 20 participant 10x10 squares for 2 pieces each. A layer cake collection of solids are packaged in 40 pieces so I think 40 is a great # to have in a theme. I would have this swap end the middle of December or when we have 20 participants, & have the fabrics mailed to me on January 5th. This will give all a chance to get past their Christmas or Holiday sewing and be ready to RECEIVE some wonderful winter fabrics.
The dates will not change, even if we get 20 participants early. Everyone will have until 01/05/13 to have their fabrics ready and in the mail.

Here is the math; each participant will need 1.5 yards of two fabrics that are winter themed, NOT HOLIDAY. Any color would be accepted, please no solids. I believe that these guild lines will be doable for many people as the total fabrics needed would be 3 yards. Packaging will be kept to a priority mailing envelope; I will let the participants know what to expect that postage to be.
If anyone would like to be 2 parts to the swap that person would need to send in 4 different fabrics, 2 parts will be the max.
I am sure there will be a good number of people interested in this swap, so let's make it happen. Thank you.

thank you Barbara, the swap is open Winter Theme Fabric Swap 10x10

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 1:58 PM | Locked
Teresa, this sounds like fun but would not join until after the first of the year. I will then.

MelodyP

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 345
Beverly Caldwell replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 1:54 AM | Locked

Caryl Anne count me in I would love to be a part of this group. And the date of Jan. 5 is excellent. Can't wait to see what I get in my package.

Beverly

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 11:02 AM | Locked

bevcald:

Caryl Anne count me in I would love to be a part of this group. And the date of Jan. 5 is excellent. Can't wait to see what I get in my package.

Beverly

good morning Bevcald, I've sent you a PM to sign up in the swap thread.
For anyone else who would like to join us follow this link to the new swap thread. thanks 

Winter Theme fabric swap 10x10  read the front page and message me.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 9:03 PM | Locked

Hi Barbara, I know you have your hands full right now, but I would like to suggest another swap idea. I usually look through fabrics on on-line quilt shops after I have done sewing for the day. I have noticed that there are a lot of paisley prints right now. Some of them are really beautiful. It's not the old fashioned paisley anymore. I would love to host one for paisley but I think it would have to wait for after the first of the year. What do you think?

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:51 AM | Locked

I love paisley!!  I would be interested in this swap if it gets going.

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 8:13 AM | Locked

good idea  Carolyn ,  thanks 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 5:12 PM | Locked

oh Melissa what a great idea for a swap. I have always loved the paisley design it was very popular as I grew up learning to sew fashion. I still love it, so please put me down on any list you may have to let me know when this goes public after the first of the year. It seems that Carolyn would go on your list as well.
hope every one is having a wonderful fall weekend.

Page 12 of 65 (967 items) «Prev1011121314Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use