• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:08 PM | Locked

Candis:

Barbara:

Candis I will leave that up to Kristy ,she can run this swap as she wants if we have enough members . I like your idea though Maybe she will be willing to run it like that .  Barbara

Just a suggestion, not trying to to tell anyone how to run anything..  Sorry, I should know better by now.  I was just voicing my interest in a swap.  

Oh Candis it was not taken that way , sorry if you thougt I was being snide I didn't mean it to come out that way  Honest , guess It was a poor choice of wording ... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 415
FRANNYE replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 4:04 PM | Locked

I'D DO SNOWMAN BLOCK SO COUNT ME IN 

FRANNYE

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,029
gini replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:04 PM | Locked

candis, that's a great idea, i would love to swap snowmen blocks.  i wouldn't want it to be a huge group though.  how many were you thinking about swapping with?   what sized blocks were you thinking about?  if kristy just wants to swap fabric, and  if it doesn't work out this year, perhaps it could happen next year.  would you want to host it?

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:19 PM | Locked

Gini and Candis I think Kristy liked the appllique Idea . i'm going to open a thread for here and she can get it all set up and let you all know for sure .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:28 PM | Locked

Kristie ,you are ll set to go . I opened a thread for you . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 386
Points 4,825
Kristie replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:37 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Kristie ,you are ll set to go . I opened a thread for you . Barbara

Thanks Barbara!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 7:15 PM | Locked

I used to do, and loved,  a FQ swap on another QB and that worked well. Here's how it would go....X amount of people would sign up, the host would send each person a name and their address....that person would then send their person 5 FQ's. Everyone who signed up ends up sending a person 5 FQ's. It gives you a chance to clean out your stash and get "new" free FQ's to replace them! This is a secret swap so no one knows who has their name until they get their FQ's. You reveal yourself on a note/card when you send the FQ's. Anybody can do as many as they want....in other words, if you want to swap 2 different people, then you have to send out a total of 10 FQ's (5Fq's to each person)....but you would also get 10 FQ's back, and so on and so forth. This was a MONTHLY swap so if 5 is too much for all to do on a monthly basis, then we can certainly lower the number.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 7:31 PM | Locked

Teresa:

I used to do, and loved,  a FQ swap on another QB and that worked well. Here's how it would go....X amount of people would sign up, the host would send each person a name and their address....that person would then send their person 5 FQ's. Everyone who signed up ends up sending a person 5 FQ's. It gives you a chance to clean out your stash and get "new" free FQ's to replace them! This is a secret swap so no one knows who has their name until they get their FQ's. You reveal yourself on a note/card when you send the FQ's. Anybody can do as many as they want....in other words, if you want to swap 2 different people, then you have to send out a total of 10 FQ's (5Fq's to each person)....but you would also get 10 FQ's back, and so on and so forth. This was a MONTHLY swap so if 5 is too much for all to do on a monthly basis, then we can certainly lower the number.

Also, there would be theme months....like for Dec you would send Christmas fabric, etc.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:24 PM | Locked

Teresa ,this is intresting . I have never heard of doing this but If everyone likes the idea we could give it a try . I just need to digest in in my head    LOL  I'm old with a bad case of CRS  ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 6:47 AM | Locked

Hi everyone ,Caryl Anne had a really good idea about doing a winter type project, I'm thinking about doing this and asking for ideas for a winter type project ,  let me know if any of you would be interested in this . This would not be due until like January ,so everyone would have plenty of time to work on it.  I will would keep the number of member limited to 12 . ' Please let me have some suggestions on what would be a fun idea.. Thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:22 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Hi everyone ,Caryl Anne had a really good idea about doing a winter type project, I'm thinking about doing this and asking for ideas for a winter type project ,  let me know if any of you would be interested in this . This would not be due until like January ,so everyone would have plenty of time to work on it.  I will would keep the number of member limited to 12 . ' Please let me have some suggestions on what would be a fun idea.. Thanks Barbara

I personally really LOVE winter prints and colors.   I think snowflakes and winter colors  (not holiday, but winter)  are beautiful. 

Not really into santas or snowmen, but of course, this is just a personal preferfence.  Since there are already TWO snowman block swaps going on, I assume that I might be in the minority here.  :)

I'd love to do a winter-themed fabric swap - was that what you were thinking or are you going for more of a sewn swap?   I could do either really.

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

Carolyn,I to love the winter themed fabric,  I was thinking of some scenic like a woods or snowfall with animals a house in the country surround by snow anything along those lines. I just think it would make a beautiful quilt  doing something like this ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 305
Beverly Caldwell replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 12:37 PM | Locked

Am new to this group and would love to be part of a FQ swap. How many of you are in the group and when do we start?

Bev

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

Bev welcome to the group.At this time I don't think we have a FQ swap in progress we have a 30's repo layer cake swap and a second snowman block going.  but one never knows they pop up pretty quick .  barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 11 of 65 (967 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use