APOLOGY

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,759
Points 420,204
gini Posted: Thu, Apr 26 2012 1:22 PM

I want to apologize to the membership for dragging you into the recent firestorm in the swap group.  We felt  there was no other recourse.  After learning the extent of these actions, If we had remained silent, we would have been complicit in those actions.

The quilters who didn't recieve what they were promised, tried to conduct their affairs in private messages. Those messages were either ignored or they were asked to send more fabric.

At the VB retreat, it became clear, that half of the members at the retreat, who had participated in the swaps, had problems.  That is 50%.  Most of the issues involved $10  or less in fabric.

To give you an idea of the scope of the problem, i recieved a private message from a member, not at the VB retreat.  She sent in over 5 yards of fabric in fat quarters.  Add taxes, shipping and return postage, and you are coming close to a $75 amount.  This is not an insignificant amount of money, here. She recieved nothing in return.

How many members are in swaps?  Take  50% of that number and multiply it by $10 to $75.

We chose to inform the membership, so you could make informed decisions,  on whether you want to participate in the swaps.

One member put it very succinctly, "i just want my dam*ed fabric back".

Once again,  i am truly sorry for upsetting anyone.  I hope the issues will  now be  resolved in a timely manner,  privately. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 12,890

NO COMMENT!!  Just disgusted period

Carylanne
deep in the heart of Texas

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.