Candy Daniels

rated by 0 users
This post has 32 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS Posted: Fri, Apr 6 2012 9:42 PM
Dear Friends, Candy asked me to let you know that she is unable to participate in QCA. She is in the hospital w/ fever, dehydration and very weak. Please keep her in your prayers. MelodyP

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 10:33 PM

Melody, I will and am praying for Candy. Please let us know how she is doing, and if possible, let her know Im praying and hoping she will be well real soon.  She has been going through a difficult time this year. I wish she was closer so I could give her a big Hug and lots of TLC.       Susan

• Post Points: 20
replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:58 PM

Melody I know Candy has been going through a lot of trauma recently.  We all can give her a hug , what about everyone making a block for her,we can then sew into a Hug quilt just for her from us. If anyone is interested speak up.   We all care about our fellow quilters, and we have a wonderful talent to show them.  Quilters are amongst the most compassionate people I know!!!   I will volunteer to collect blocks, unless someone else has the time also, I say spread the love....Also if any one has an idea for a theme, or anything. Please. Let's all put our ideas together and show her someone cares.....

• Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 12:15 AM

Candis, I'm in ,but Not till after retreat, then I can do one, and yes Candy has had a pretty ruff year,  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 7:01 AM

Candis, Thats a wonderful idea! Count me in !         Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
I had that same thought last night, I love it! I t would be wonderful if you could collect them that would be great. As for themes I think just a friendship quilt would be wonderful. Simple pattern simple message, we care! Candis I would like to work with you on this, if I could. Candy and I used SKYPE to visit and sew together. I have missed her.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
thank you I will let her know,Susan

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Richard, I had a good feeling you'd be talking to the Lord on Candy's behalf. Thank you, I'll let her know

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Candis, Candy is a part of the Civil War group as well. I have informed them of the hugs quilt and will be responsible for that one so we can combine for one quilt, if you think that is okay

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 153
Points 2,170
Jeanne replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 9:10 AM

Ahhhh, I feel so bad for her.  I know that her loss has been the crux of all this.  She is so ridden with grief and loneliness. I will send up healing prayers for her.  I live close enough, I feel guilty as I could visit her once and a while.  Is she in Lexington at the hospital or do you know where? I will make it a point to get to know Candy and see if we can't spend a day or two together each month.  I sure hope she is open to that. 

As for the quilt block, yes, you can count me in.  She definitely needs a "hugs" quilt.  Send details.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 153
Points 2,170
Jeanne replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 9:12 AM

I am glad to know Candy is on Skype, that will be a good way to start a friendship with her.  thanks for that tidbit of info Melody.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 292
Points 5,700

count me in!

Renton Washington

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 400
TinaN replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 11:35 AM

I would love to make a block for Candy's Hug quilt.  I do not know Candy or her situation but have gone though very hard times and I know the encouraging words, prayers and love from my friends,family and church made those times easier. So sending some TLC Candy's way and look forward to making this block.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 12:45 PM

Candis, These quilter friends sure are the most loving , kind, generous and thoughtful group I have ever met. So many want to show their love and support to Candy, however, it does not surprise me, as they always take care of their own. I'm proud to be a part of QCAs fine people.      Thanks, Candis, for this terrific idea to make a Hug quilt. How big do you want the blocks to be? Are we sending them to you?     Susan

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use