Swap Ideas #2

rated by 0 users
This post has 278 Replies | 36 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,769
Points 45,090
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 10:35 AM

Just want our QCA swappers to be aware that we are swapping license plate fabrics from the Row by Row Experience. If you are interested, please check out the thread in the Quiltmaking Forum: state a Row by Row.

For more information about the Row by Row, visit the following Web site: http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,769
Points 45,090
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 4:48 PM

The Oriental Swap is closed and swappers are cutting...

The Candle Mat Swap mails next week...

That leaves the Calendar Block Swap as the ONLY swap still going..... It's closed but swappers are preparing their blocks.  ....

Sooooo ....

What do we want to swap next? Remember this is your group! Any ideas out there? Let's hear them. Let's have some discussion!

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 795
Points 14,410
Judi replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 5:39 PM

My guild does a monthly BOM.  The July block is very easy.  You can see it and the instructions at  www.newtownquiltersguild.org/bom.shtml  It uses a White on White ( no cream) a SOLID black and a bright red.  The finished quilt shown uses 16 blocks.

I would be willing to hostess.  I would want a SIgn up by August 15 and a Mail date of Sept 30.  I would do one swap of 16 people.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Points 6,085

Hi Roxana

I logged on for a quick look while I am packing earlier there had been some discussion of possibly a food themed fabric swap. I would be interested in this and would hostess if others were interested in doing one. It is just a thought I have a few ideas for Christmas gifts and thought others might still be interested.  I would have to wait until end of July to start it due to finishing the current swap. Here is another idea How about a napkin or napkin set i.e. napkin and holder or ring swap could be seasonal or just festive something different. Since we were having problems with stuffing the candle mats into envelopes a set could be just one of each to go with mug rugs etc. I will be able to check in periodically while away so I can see what is going on. Let me know what you think.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,807
Points 29,455
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 6:13 PM

Judi - love the block BUT no more till I get some of what I have done.  have 6 tops to finish, must make a dent in these UFOs first!!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,807
Points 29,455
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 6:17 PM

Oh, yes.  Need more states - missing CT, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, NJ, NY, OR, UT, WA and WI,   here's the one I have from OK - 

so come and swap these cute license plates with us!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,769
Points 45,090
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 8:04 PM

Judi, I love the block. Would everyone do theirs in the same three colors? All the same block?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 795
Points 14,410
Judi replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 10:01 PM

Everyone would use a white on white of their choice, a solid black and a red print that reads red of their choice,  reds can be warm or cool,reds, prints, checks or blenders, whatever.  The black would be the constant as well as all the different white on whites. I would use the same directions from my guild as it turned out great 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,180
Carmel replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:45 PM

Judi:

I would be interested in doing this swap.  I looked at the website and liked  the colors.

Lansdale, PA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,180
Carmel replied on Mon, Aug 11 2014 3:30 AM

The calendar swap has the month of April open, if anyone is interesed please PM your information.

See the information in the discussion section of Calendar Swap.

Have a great week everyone.

Lansdale, PA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,180
Carmel replied on Mon, Aug 11 2014 6:31 AM

The month of OCT. is now also open, we need two more people to join, one for April and one for October.

If anyone is interested please PM your information.

Lansdale, PA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 795
Points 14,410
Judi replied on Mon, Aug 11 2014 8:46 AM

Roxana, I would still like to do the poppy block from my guild. I will PM all the guigpdelines and you can check them to see if they are perfect fly clear.  If there is interest, I would have a sign up starting September 1.  It is an easy block and should be very quick to make. I am going to figure out how much fabric is needed for 12 and. 16 blocks. 

I can send the link or the pattern.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,769
Points 45,090
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 11:41 AM

Judi, I think that sounds great. Just email or PM me the info when you have it. ...

For anyone new to Fabric Swaps, please take a moment to read the PAGES section of our group so that maybe you can participate in this swap. We do require quality fabric as you will see.

This one sounds like fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,769
Points 45,090
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 11:43 AM

For all swappers who are also Premium Members of QCA: PLEASE take a moment to take advantage of the Q&A by Pat Sloan this week.

Please Post Your Questions to Pat Sloan on this Thread!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 1,570

Judi:  I like the Poppies block.  I already printed out the pattern, because it's so cute and easy.  It'll make a quick little quilt.  If you do the swap I'm all in. I'll have to squeeze it in with the April blocks I already committed to do for Carmels swap, but it should be no problem. I'll be watching for your post. 

One question though, since we will be using Reds and Blacks...are we going to pre-wash the fabrics before sewing our blocks?

Tami

Page 3 of 19 (279 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.