rated by 0 users
This post has 38 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Fri, Jun 20 2014 8:51 AM

Tami Taylor:

Suzi:  I like Oriental print Layer Cake theme, but would rather not do the 3" strips.  I'd rather cut and make my own strips to keep them uniform.  (just personal preference), but wanted to let you know that I would be interested and participate if you open up a swap group for this.

Tami

Thanks, Tami!  That's why I wanted to toss it out for a bit of discussion before I had Roxanna open the swap.  I wasn't sure about the strips, but thought it would be fun to add a bit more to the layer cake.  I am definitely going to do this one, just trying to work out the final details.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Fri, Jun 20 2014 10:02 AM

Suzi, what if we included two different 10" squares instead of the Kona strip. I'm not as fond of the Kona strip because I don't have easy access to a place to buy it but that's me. Let us know what you are thinking.

• Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 65
rrk replied on Fri, Jun 20 2014 9:55 PM

I am with Roxanna on the 10" square.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 65
rrk replied on Fri, Jun 20 2014 9:58 PM

I would like to join the oriental group.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 205
Quilt RN replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 8:12 AM

I like this.  But not with kona required.  I think a coordinated solid would work well..  II can't sew but I can cut so I would like to be in on this..

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 955

I also like Roxana's idea of two different prints. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 6:59 AM

OK Gals..you have me convinced.

Roxana--would you please open a new Oriental Layer Cake Swap.  I'll put the details in the group as soon as it's open.

WOOHOO!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,955
Judi replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:22 AM

I will not be able to teacpvel this summer because my sin and his adorable wife are expecting my new grand daughter in about a month.  You can guess what I have been sewing and quilting<GGG>. My DH also needs hernia surgery.

i wanted to get some of the Row by Row patterns or Lkits and definitely want the license plate fabrics!  If anyone else is collecting them, pleae let me know.  I can either trade using the ones from the shops around here or just pay you.  I particularly want Susanne's in Moultrie Georgia as well as Little Quikts front Marietta, GA. I usually get to them.  I just thought having the patterns and license plate fabric would be a great quilt stat!  

If you can help me out, pleae OM me or friend me.

judi

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 180

Please keep me in the loop. I think this is something I might enjoy participating in.

L

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 180

Do you mind sending a picture of what a layer cake looks l I keep so ill have an ideal.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,467
Points 116,715

Paula

A layer cut is a 10" square piece of fabric.   

By the way, welcome to QCA.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 65
rrk replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 8:26 AM

Please let me know when this swap starts etc.  Thanks--Robin

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 205
Quilt RN replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 9:09 AM
Did I miss this sign up?
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 1:17 PM

The Oriental Layer Cake Swap has just opened. Go to the swap's thread and read the instructions before signing up. Let's have some fun! (I hope that the link works!)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 7:20 AM

There are only 5 more spots in the Oriental Fabric swap!  No sewing involved...just 2 10" squares!  Come play along!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 2 of 3 (39 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use