Calendar Block Swap - Hostess: Carmel

rated by 0 users
This post has 93 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,732
Points 30,005
Roxana Posted: Thu, May 29 2014 7:39 AM

This is for the Calendar Block Swap hosted by Carmel. Do not sign up until she has posted her guidelines. Thank you.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,660
Carmel replied on Thu, May 29 2014 9:16 AM

[

Macungie, PA

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,660
Carmel replied on Thu, May 29 2014 9:26 AM

Calendar Block Swap - Hostess: Carmel

Here are the details:

We need 12 people to sign up, each person signs up for a month of the year and makes 12 blocks, finishing size 12 x 12.

The blocks will hang on a calendar. (Calendar Holder Pattern instructions are in a post below)

The blocks should be 12 ½” unfinished 100% cotton with no embellishments on the fabric, no sequins or glitter. Please follow the guidelines for LQS quality fabric on the pages section of the Fabric Swaps Group.

Sign up begins on May 29th and will close on June 30h. Be sure to pick the month that you would like to make: Below are some suggestions, select your month and let me know what design you have selected so that we do not have duplicates.

January – Snow Flake
February – Heart
March - Shamrock
April - Umbrella
May – Pinwheel
June - Wedding Bells
July – Star
August – Beach Ball
September – School House
October – Pumpkin
November – Autumn Leaves
December - Winter Scene

EXAMPLE: (I will make JULY and I will make a star in Red, White & Blue).

Participants will need to friend me with their name, physical address, phone number, and email address; as well as your first and second choice of month. I will respond directly to those who sign up and I will post them on a list with the month that you choose.

Blocks must be mailed to me no later than October 15th, so that each participant can have their calendar made for the New Year (2015) Try to mail early if you can.

Please read through all the instructions and the pages of the Fabric Swap before you commit to this swap. Check in on the discussion board swap page or email me directly at least once every two weeks and let me know your progress.

When you ship your blocks, place each block in a separate plastic bag with your name and city/state on the outside. It lets everyone know who made the block. Then place the smaller bags in a larger bag along with your return postage-paid, self-addressed legal flat rate envelope. Put a piece of paper or 3 x 5 card inside with my name and address on one side, and your name and address on the other. Place inside the bag with MY address showing. This will help ensure delivery should the package be damaged during shipping. Send me a PM letting me know when you ship your package, and the tracking number. When I send the return package out, I will send each of you a PM with the tracking number of your return swap items.

Once I have all the blocks, I will sort them and ship them as soon as possible.
Please read all these instructions carefully and let me know if you have any questions. Let’s have fun!

QUILTED CALENDAR HOLDER

These basic dimensions are very simple. The size really depends on the size of the calendar. These instructions are for a standard 11 x 8 calendar and a 12" finished calendar block. Please adjust your holder to accommodate your annual calendar.

Cut 2 pieces 13” x 32” from background fabric. One will be the backing and one will be on the front.

Cut 1 piece 13” x 32” from batting, (optional)

Cut 1 piece 13” x 32” of Deco Bond heavy iron on interfacing. Iron this onto the wrong side of the fabric piece that will be on the back.

Layer the three the same as with a quilt. Bind ONLY the bottom edge. If you elect not to use batting, then I would suggest ironing on the Deco bond to both the front and the back.

Fold the bottom up about 9" and pin in place. Make it deep enough to insert a calendar and be sure there is at least 14" left over on the top where the calendar block will hang.

Now run a binding around four sides.

The calendar blocks can be attached in a number of ways; Velcro, loops and buttons, decorative pins, or a rod and pocket. Be sure you decide on your method before you construct the calendar to allow for the attachment process.

Calendar Block Swap Participants:

January- Kathy G.- Snowman

February- Tami - Heart- Received

March - Roxana- Kite

April- Candis- Floral Butterfly
May - Darlene-Flowers- Received
June- Rebekah
July - Carmel - Red, White & Blue Star- Done
August- Kristie
September- Barbara- Apples
October- Erin- Pumpkins
November- Bonita
December- Kerry

Macungie, PA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,340
Erin replied on Thu, May 29 2014 10:08 AM

hi Carmel. I sent you a friend request with some questions. :D

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,340
Erin replied on Thu, May 29 2014 11:37 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Carmel.   I pick October - pumpkins (not jack-o-lanterns) and I sent you a PM with my info. :D

Have a great day!

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 955

Hi Carmel:  I am all in.  I would like February.  Heart Theme for me.  Will send you my information.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,660
Carmel replied on Thu, May 29 2014 1:24 PM

Hi Tami:

I have you in for February, I did rec. your information.

Have a good day.

Macungie, PA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,660
Carmel replied on Thu, May 29 2014 1:25 PM

Erin:

The blocks will be unfinished.

Macungie, PA

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Thu, May 29 2014 1:55 PM

Carmel-

I would like to do January...a happy snowman head!

Kathy G.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 212
Points 3,395

Carmel

This is a great swap. iwould like to join I will take Sept 1st and Nov 2nd Thanks I will PM with my info.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 212
Points 3,395

Carmel sorry I meant to sign up for DEC first and Sept 2nd if I can change 

Sorry again Kerry G

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Thu, May 29 2014 3:20 PM

Hello, I will jump in here!  April for me please! I will do a floral, butterfly scene.  

MODESTO, CA.
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 205
Quilt RN replied on Thu, May 29 2014 3:54 PM

I see my two choices are taken, I will try for June wedding bells.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,660
Carmel replied on Thu, May 29 2014 4:08 PM

I have you in for January and I have received your information.

Thanks and enjoy the quilting.

Macungie, PA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,660
Carmel replied on Thu, May 29 2014 4:12 PM

Kathy G., Candis, Michelle Smith & Kerry:

I have you all signed up and have received your information.  Thanks for joining.

I have updated the list- Kathy - January; Candis- April; Michelle -June; Kerry- December.

Any questions please send me a note.

Happy Quilting!!!!!

Macungie, PA

Page 1 of 7 (94 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use