State Layer Cake Swap - Hostess: Kristie

rated by 0 users
This post has 142 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,549
Points 40,370
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 29 2014 10:03 PM

I'd almost forgotten about this swap until I was just looking around!!!! Glad I found it...now to start thinking what to do with the fabric. Can't wait to see what everyone picked out for their state. It's time to start thinking of Christmas presents. If I don't get busy now, I won't be done in time again.

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 95
rrk replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 8:22 AM

Are we doing this a second time?  I would like to do it again but with another state, the one I was born in: Delaware.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765
We are still waiting for this swap to be completed and with summer upon us I doubt there will be another one anytime soon. But you never know, someone may decide to host another- just watch the swap group discussions for new swaps! :D ----------- rrk wrote the following post at Mon, Jun 30 2014 9:22 AM: "Are we doing this a second time? I would like to do it again but with another state, the one I was born in: Delaware."

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 12:49 PM

It would be great if someone else would like to host it.   My life is about to go into crazy time until September. If you are interested in hosting, let Roxana know by pm. :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,408
Points 40,435
Roxana replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 1:08 PM

I agree that another swap of this sort could be in the fall when summer travels settle down. We would just need to have a hostess. To hostess, you need to read through all the Pages for the Fabric Swap Group and send me a PM with your instructions. You would have to stipulate that if someone was participating a second time that they choose other fabric or a state not chosen in the first round.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 5:20 PM

Hi ladies!

The last package showed up this afternoon, so tomorrow I will get them sent out to you.  (Finishing drying out our basement tonight-  too much rain here in Iowa!)

Thanks for your participation! 

Kristie

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,272
Points 389,717
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 7:31 PM

Woo hoo!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765
Yipppee- Can't wait! Good luck drying the basement out :/

Piece, Love, Quilt

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90

Yippee!  So looking forward to seeing what we get!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 41,735
Mimi replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 9:48 PM

Great news, Kristie about the swap.  Can't wait to see what arrives.

So sorry about the basement. We had a similar problem some years back.  DH and DS installed another sump and things have been fine since.  But I still get a little worried when it rains hard.  Good luck with the clean-up.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 7:11 AM

We were lucky -  just some seepage along one wall of the unfinished part of the basement.  Five houses on our street had to rip out carpet and pad from flooding.  The problem is that a really powerful storm hit on Monday afternoon and we lost power as soon as it hit and it was out for over ten hours- so no sump pump.  We are thinking of adding a battery powered sump or getting a generator in case it happens again.  

Fabrics are sorted and I'm packaging them up.  Two of you sent extra fabric so I'm sending that back to you.  The fabrics are looking good!

Will mail them today and send you the tracking numbers via PM.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 41,735
Mimi replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 7:29 AM

We got a generator after Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast.  It's loud and smelly but it works.  Dh worked out a whole emergency plan.  But it still rattles me to think I would have to do it by myself if he was at work.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 11:37 AM

They've been sent.  Most of them are set to arrive by Saturday.  (Friday being a holiday has mucked up the two day mail ;) ).  I think I have pmed everybody with their tracking numbers.  If I accidently missed you, let me know.

Thanks everyone for participating!  I loved seeing all the different fabrics and hope that you will all enjoy them as well.

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,408
Points 40,435
Roxana replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 11:41 AM

Thank you, Kristie, for hosting the swap. I'm excited to get my squares! Thanks to all who participated.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
Points 1,335
Yuriko replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 12:10 PM

Got the PM with the tracking #.  Can't wait to see the fabrics.

Thanks for hosting the swap.  You did a great job.

Good luck on drying out your basement.  Many years ago my husband and 2 of the kids went to a tennis tournament in Iowa.  There was a thunderstorm and he was amazed at the amount of rain that came down.  He enjoyed the trip and he said everyone was very friendly in Iowa.

Lily

Page 8 of 10 (143 items) «Prev678910Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.