State Layer Cake Swap - Hostess: Kristie

rated by 0 users
This post has 142 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,788
Points 45,495
Roxana Posted: Mon, May 19 2014 8:58 AM

This is for the State Layer Cake Swap hosted by Kristie. Do not sign up until she has posted her guidelines. Thank you. Roxana

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Mon, May 19 2014 9:42 AM

Welcome!

Group size: 20

Quilt Shop Quality State Fabric 10" square swap (layer cake set)

Each participant will provide two 10-inch squares per participant. With a group of 20, it would require 1.5 yards of one fabric to cut 20 10-inch squares.  You may send two of the same squares or two different squares. (If you are using the same fabric for both, it will take 2 5/6 yards- I recommend getting 3 yards just to account for wonky/off grain cuts.)  Be mindful to cut the fabric on the grain.  This is the address for cutting fabric, in case you need it. 

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/pages/guidelines-for-cutting-fabric.aspx

Type of Fabric: Fabrics should be 100% cotton that represent your current state or another state in which you have lived (no sports related fabrics please).  So, if your state has a fabric with its name, etc, great.  If not, look for state flowers or other specific iconic fabric related to your state.

Put two squares of your all fabric in a small clear plastic baggie and label each bag with the state represented - you can use a return address label for ease if you like. Place all baggies in one larger bag. Put a piece of paper or 3x5 card inside with my name and address on one side, and your name and address on the other. Place it inside the bag with MY address showing. This will help ensure delivery should the package be damaged during shipping. I will put the same paper or card in your return package with your information facing outwards. Please send a stamped pre-paid and self addressed envelope for your return fabric. Send me a PM letting me know when you ship your package, and the tracking number. When I send the return package out, I will send you each a PM with the tracking number of your return swap items.

Close date will be Friday, June 6 or when the swap is full, whichever comes first. 

I should receive all fabric no later than June 25.

Send me a friend invitation, along with your information: Name, state choice, physical address, screen name, phone number and e-mail address to join the group.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Mon, May 19 2014 9:47 AM

Participants:

1.  Kristie-Iowa

2. Michelle- Texas- Received

3. Roxana- Arkansas- Received

4. Erin- Ohio- Received

5. Mimi- Pennsylvania- Received

6. vynnp- California- Received

7. Tami- Georgia -Received

8. Kris- Maine-Received

9.  Darlene- New York-Received

10. Linda- Ohio- Received

11. Opiesmom - Colorado-Received

12.  Yuriko- Hawaii- Received 

13. Rrk- Florida

14. LoriTN- Tennessee- Received

• Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765
erindipity replied on Mon, May 19 2014 11:48 AM

Add me please- Ohio!   I'm sending a pm/ friend request with my info.

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,788
Points 45,495
Roxana replied on Mon, May 19 2014 12:16 PM

Add me as well - Arkansas. I sent a PM.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,511
Points 41,560
Mimi replied on Mon, May 19 2014 2:58 PM

Add me Kristie.  Pennsylvania   Looking forward to using these to finish my state block swap quilt.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,511
Points 41,560
Mimi replied on Mon, May 19 2014 3:00 PM

Please add me as well, Kristie.  Pennsylvania.  I posted but it never showed up so if this doubles I'm sorry.  Looking forward to some beautiful fabrics.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Mon, May 19 2014 3:03 PM

Welcome ladies!

I have received information from Erin, Michelle and Roxana.  Mimi, please send me your personal information in a PM.  :)   Looking forward to all the great fabrics!

Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 750
vynnp replied on Mon, May 19 2014 9:20 PM

I'm in. California. Will PM my info

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 1,570

I'm in...friend invite sent and info sent. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

I've ordered my fabric and it should be here Friday. I'll hold off until we know exactly how many we have before I start cutting. Excited to see all the fabric from everyone!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Wed, May 21 2014 2:43 PM

Thank you ladies for your prompt PMs.  I sent out my address to you- if you didn't receive it, please let me know. :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

Good news- my fabrics arrived today!  As soon as I know how many in swap for sure, I'll mail.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,788
Points 45,495
Roxana replied on Thu, May 22 2014 2:21 PM

Kristie, could you look back through the Swap Ideas pages and see who else said they were interested in being in this swap? I know there were several not listed yet.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Thu, May 22 2014 3:28 PM

Roxana:

Kristie, could you look back through the Swap Ideas pages and see who else said they were interested in being in this swap? I know there were several not listed yet.

Just sent those ladies who expressed an interest a message/friend request.  Thanks for the idea!

Page 1 of 10 (143 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.