Seasonal Candle Mat Swap - Hostess: klaynegrimm

rated by 0 users
This post has 214 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,510

Judy and everyone

Hope everything going well for hubby post surgery. Thanks for going out of your way to get new mats made and in mail so early. I will be watching for them I feel the oh nos coming on with all you over achievers in this group it is a great group of swappers. You guys are so far ahead of me LOl and I am the hostess! Oh well the baby shower is over it was Sunday about 100 Rsvp'd had it at a park and you all guessed it it rained and stormed at the end. Did the get the food cooked. people brought great gifts I think she got just about everything she wanted. She picked Lambs and Ivy Bow Wow from babies r us for the nursery and registered it. really cute. Grandma bought somethings of course, but not a lot till I see how big baby is and of course already thinking about Christmas. I have two quilts in mind that are pieced and I might just buy a kit for him from Keepsake. I am also looking for some clothes patterns. Hope everyone having good luck with all your sewing projects. A lot of good swaps going on this site is really taking off again thanks to revamp of the whole site and Roxanas hard work too and of course all the fabulous people that participate in the swaps. Thanks from a first time hostess to all my group. 

Kerry G

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,835
Candis replied on Wed, Jun 11 2014 9:59 AM

Just checkin in!  I am almost done with my fall ones, just quilting them all now and adding finishing touches, hope to be done very  soon.  Have a great day everyone! Judy glad to hear hubby's surgery is over!  Hope it went well, wishing for a speedy recovery for you both, complication free!!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,880
Carmel replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 12:06 PM

I just finished mine today, I now need to sew the binding on and they will be mailed next week.

I need to get started on my other projects I have lined up for the next month.

Have a good day.

Macungie, PA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,339
Points 36,780
Linda replied on Fri, Jun 13 2014 4:04 AM

Just checking in.  Machine applique has always been my niche.  Since my stroke and the eye problem, I don't think I'll be doing so much applique anymore. I've been doing more ripping than I've done in my life!!! One eye sees one thing and the other something else. and the stitching goes in between.  Anyway I'm a little more than half way done. Hope these didn't have to be all the same size. A couple patterns said mug rug or candle mat. I want to be done before John comes home next Thursday. I'm also trying to get a row robin done all machine applique.

Hugs.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,510

Hello everyone Well I was hoping to get this posted before storm so it will have to be short Judi I got your gorgeous mats thanks for taking part. everyone will love them. Tami I got the wonderful material thanks for the pin cushion it is adorable. Linda i know that your mats will be great all you ladies are exceptional quilters. Hope everyone is doing well but I have to get off the lightening is close don't want surge in computer.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,835
Candis replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 10:05 AM

Kerry, I mailed my Candle Mats yesterday. They should be there to you Wednesday, no later than Thursday. Thanks for hosting!

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,590
Judi replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 12:30 PM

Thank goodness the mail date is July 21!  

DONOT buy or use the Pellon fusible that is now being sold at Joanne's and I guess other places since the Steam a Seam is still not available.  It is an awful product. The instructions tell you to draw on the shiny side which is difficult with a lot of writing tools.  Then you cut and fuse.  Well, in 4 different tries, the backing will not come off or the fusible does not fuse to the fabric!  

My package came with the sheets bubbled.  I have called their consumer line as I want a full refund. I guess I am stuck with the loss of my fabric costs.

i have now after screwing up 3 yards of fabrics for my candle mats will be changing to something different 

DON'T buy this product!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,566
Points 118,450

Judi:
DONOT buy or use the Pellon fusible that is now being sold at Joanne's

I tend to agree. I've never liked the Pellon fusible. I get the lightweight fusible at the local quilt shop. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the product. It may be available at Joann's also. Simply can't remember and I toss the instructions that come with it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,835
Candis replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 1:16 PM

I bought a lot of that pellon stuff. It is junk!   I used to use steam a seam lite, now I use sewable Heat nBond lite. It's wonderful, comes on a bolt at 2.99 a yard.  Joann's may have it.   I think I bought mine at Beverly's     .. 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 1:18 PM

Judy, I use heat n bond - lite for some things and the heavy duty for others.  You can buy it by the bolt on Amazon and get a good price for it.  It is the only kind that I use and I would recommend it - the paper is easy to write on and you can actually fuse it to your fabric and put it through a printer if you are doing a lot of the same shape - I do that for leaves for different projects - plus when they are different shapes I can scan the pattern and print.  I do buy it by the bolt rather then buy it a yard or two at a time and I save a lot of money that way.  heat n bond is a good company as far as I am concerned for all products like this - I buy their fusible interfacing and gosh why can't my brain come up with the word...hold on... I know you were holding your breath on those 3 dots...:)  fusible fleece is what I was thinking of... I do use some Pellons for purses - the real stiff stuff - I think it is pellon 809 but it isn't one I would write on... I found a long time ago that the fusible interfacing by Pellon did not stand up over time and the paper would come apart from the glue product - so I started buying heat n bond.  I don't like steam a steam 2 cuz I never (olditis) can remember which side to draw on but know that it is good too for patterns that aren't reversed for you!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,566
Points 118,450

Thea:
Judy, I use heat n bond - lite

That's it! I don't know why I can never remember the name of the stuff. I buy it often, you'd think I'd remember the brand name? May I plead age??

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,510

Hi swappers of candle mats I finally got on qca. The issue wasn't theirs my google chrome had issues that started yesterday and didn't quit since I use that to get into qca and everything else needless to sat life in cyberspace has been a little challenging. I could at least get to my gmail through the old way of internet explorer and typing in google for search engine but couldn't remember my password for qca. So finally gave up and removed chrome from computer at least thinkI did.LOL I will have my son check and reinstall later I can't get it to download again to reinstall. grrr.

Now to swapping business Judi I am so sorry to hear about all your hard work. Not to worry I am going to extend the date by one week. The date will be 7-28-14 and I will be honest and say I was about ready to email Roxana ad ask her to post for me the new Date. My sister and brother in law both got new jobs last week in Florida and will be moving. Sis has to be in Florida on 7-21 to start so the two of us will be driving down before then. They also have to get their house ready to go on the market up here. I will be back after the 21st but not sure of day yet definitely by the 28th. There will be someone getting the mail so any mats that come will be ok. My son knows all about swaps. LOL So to everyone you have an extra week if you want or need and if anyone needs more please tell me. Sis and I haven't taken a road trip together for a long time and since I won't be seeing her as much it will be nice.

Hope everyone is doing ok with recovering from illness and surgeries. And also Judy I am so sorry I just realized today I spelled your name with an I instead of Y when I posted about receiving your gorgeous mats.

I will be watching for your mats thanks for joining this swap ladies Sis isn't a sewer but I might get her into a quilt shop. LOL At least one day at the beach.

Kerry g

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,510

Sorry LOL I forgot to say Candis I will be watching for your mats. I beginning to realize I really need this little trip.LOL

Kerry g

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 18,400

Kerry I hope you and your sister have a great time. Love road trips!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,339
Points 36,780
Linda replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 5:19 PM

Kerry have a great road trip with your sister. If I were you, I'd put a sign on the back of the car "Caution: Stops for Quilt Shops!"

I just have to sew binding on 2 candle mats and I'm done. Should be able to have that done before John arrives tomorrow evening. But I have an appointment with the neurologist again tomorrow afternoon. Since my TIA, I'm not doing so well.  It's been a rough 3 months. I did manage to get John's cookies made today.

The candle mats should ship this weekend while we are out doing errands.

Hugs,

Page 11 of 15 (215 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use