Seasonal Candle Mat Swap - Hostess: klaynegrimm

rated by 0 users
This post has 238 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 1,360

I finally got started on these....broke into my stash of fat quarters and 2.5 inch strips I've been keeping for a rainy day, and got these all cut, pieced, sandwiched and ready to quilt.  They really turned out cute. They are not all exactly the same, but all the same pattern with the same central fabric.  Still got work to do, but was happy with the progress I made this weekend.

Tami

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 18,450

Once you start it's hard to stop isn't it Tami?  Can't wait to see your candle mats!

Judy, did you ever figure out an affordable, easy way to ship your mats?

Welcome back Kerry! I knew you were being quiet but never thought about you being offline.  

Hope that everyone is doing well. Talk soon.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,735

Erin, there was no way I could get my 12"sq candle mats in the legal size flat rate envelope. I could use a Priority floppy but it's twice the cost and there would be no way of knowing how much postage to put on the return envelope. The medium size flat rate box would work but, again, the cost.

Soooo, I'm making new mats that are only 8x9". I'm rather glad this happened as I like the 2nd set of mats much much better than the first ones I made.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 18,450

Mine (i believe) are 9 or 9.5 inch- so maybe that is how I got them shipped out easily?!  

Judy T-Bellingham:

Erin, there was no way I could get my 12"sq candle mats in the legal size flat rate envelope. I could use a Priority floppy but it's twice the cost and there would be no way of knowing how much postage to put on the return envelope. The medium size flat rate box would work but, again, the cost.

Soooo, I'm making new mats that are only 8x9". I'm rather glad this happened as I like the 2nd set of mats much much better than the first ones I made.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 874
Points 14,995

Ok I have to remember these dimensions now, 9 by 9 1/2.   Got it.  Thanks guys, and Judy. I'm sorry, what cha gonna do with others now, gifts?   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 12:17 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Thanks, Judy, for the heads-up. I'm about to start mine so I'll keep them the smaller size. I guess we know what your friends are getting this year as special gifts! Those first mats won't go to waste. Might make a great gift or door prize in Oregon. I still don't know what we take to that retreat!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,735

Candis, I don't mind a bit that I needed to make a different set of candle mats. The first set turned out quite well, but very boorring.

Not sure what I'll do with them but I'm sure something will pop up and there they will be, the perfect fit.  Perhaps Roxanna's idea.  I could force them, uhh give them, to the first 11 people who walk in the door at the Oregon retreat??  :-) LOL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 1,360

Kerry, Mine are all packaged up and ready to mail out tomorrow.  I'll send you the tracking number in a PM.

Tami

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 231
Points 3,725

Tami I got your gorgeous mats I love them and I love the little change purse thank you.  Everyone is inn for a treat.

Kerry G

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,735

klaynegrimm:

Tami I got your gorgeous mats I love them and I love the little change purse thank you.  Everyone is inn for a treat.

Kerry G

Can't wait to see them! Finished the last stitch on mine last night. Hubby is having surgery on Monday so not sure when I'll get them in the mail. But soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 7:55 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Hubby is having surgery on Monday

Judy, prayers going up for Hubby.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 9:46 PM

Judy, good thoughts and prayers for your Dear Hubby.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 9:48 PM

I just need to sew on the binding. DD saw them and wanted a set for herself, so I've made 16 of them.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,735

Yippee. Blocks are in the mail. Hubby is still in the hospital following surgery. I stopped at post office on way to see him and sent them off.

Kerry. I will PM you with tracking number. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 18,450

I came to see if you had posted about your DH. Hope he recovers and is home quickly!

Hope everyone is well.  I'm about worn out after only 5 days with Cupcake.  It's not fair that all the energy is given to 5 year olds and grandmas gotta try to keep up! LOL  Today we went and got mani-pedis....after she got over the giggles from the bubbles and someone touching her feet she had fun.  Guess we'll need to spa days once or twice a month.

Off to take a shower while grandpa is at the park with her. Have a great evening.

Judy T-Bellingham:

Yippee. Blocks are in the mail. Hubby is still in the hospital following surgery. I stopped at post office on way to see him and sent them off.

Kerry. I will PM you with tracking number. 

Piece, Love, Quilt

Page 10 of 16 (239 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use